Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42
  1. #1
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,686

    So you have a smartphone

    Well I am proud to proclaim that I don't own a smart phone, and I don't plan on owning one anytime soon. I don't want to text, I don't want to browse on the go, and I don't want to learn how to Tap-and Swipe.

    So I'm asking you guys who do own smart phones and maybe even Tablet PCs,

    Tell us What do you do with a Tablet PC or smart phone that makes it worthwhile device to own.

    Why should anyone fork out the cash to buy one of those things,and risk making Verizon/Sprint/At&T even richer than they already are.


    It's time we had a closer look at the need and utility of these devices.

    Samsung's new tablet PC



    Apple's Iphone

    Last edited by paulbee; 09-19-2010 at 04:23 AM.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  2. #2
    Retired Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    812
    I work from my smartphone. Thus saving me sprinting out of whatever place I am in to find a computer to restart a server. Just do it from my BlackBerry.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    PGP Key Here

  3. #3
    Asce's Loyal Minion DFX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    3,185
    So basically, if I'm reading correctly, you believe that we as a population should re-evaluate our usage of a device because you don't see the need for them? Riiiiight...

    I use my blackberry to basically do everything that you say you don't want to do in addition to using it to keep track of my life i.e. due dates, appointments, sports scores, etc.

    Also as a reminder, this is an international community there will be people who don't know about AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, etc. so it'd probably be better if you said carriers instead.

  4. #4
    72478 Calcifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Location
    Posts
    611
    I have an iPhone.

    I enjoy having it because the ipod and internet access is very convenient. I also enjoy getting into fights with Droid Owners...
    Dickriding. Because I appreciate it!
    Spoiler!

    "Truth"
    Spoiler!

  5. #5
    Senior Member kuroihikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,622
    I'm saving for a new smartphone. Should have one by next month. I'm getting one because I to have the multipurpose utility of a PC wherever I go.

    Anyway, on a side note, I'm pretty sure most of the money you fork over for smartphones goes to the manufacturers (Over here the most common ones are HTC, Samsung, LG, Blackberry and Apple), not the carriers. Most of them haven't exploited me as of yet.

  6. #6
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fuckersberg, Austria
    Posts
    1,389
    I have an Iphone. I like it because now I don't have to replace my Ipod, which was stolen along with my stuff in Japan, and I like the touchscreen. I also only ever use a "qwerty" keyboard- I hate the tiny texting keypads. That's pretty much it. I'm not that fussed with mobiles... I've only ever had 2. And when I'm travelling I usually leave it back home.

    Also, being Australian, I'm with Telstra- no idea who "Sprint", ect is.
    (Though to be honest Telstra is pretty bad. XD)

  7. #7
    Orange toad summoner Uzumaki_Tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Aus
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenofmuffins View Post
    I have an Iphone. I like it because now I don't have to replace my Ipod, which was stolen along with my stuff in Japan, and I like the touchscreen. I also only ever use a "qwerty" keyboard- I hate the tiny texting keypads. That's pretty much it. I'm not that fussed with mobiles... I've only ever had 2. And when I'm travelling I usually leave it back home.

    Also, being Australian, I'm with Telstra- no idea who "Sprint", ect is.
    (Though to be honest Telstra is pretty bad. XD)
    The Muffin is Australian???? Awesome, does this mean I'm now cooler by asociation?
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Hey scotty can you make a thread of How much milk Brooke drinks?
    My DoTA hero... Vote for it please!
    www.playdota.com/forums/threads/820/Dak'sar

  8. #8
    Retired Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    812
    You wish.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    PGP Key Here

  9. #9
    Beer and Music
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Posts
    4,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcifer View Post
    I have an iPhone.

    I enjoy having it because the ipod and internet access is very convenient. I also enjoy getting into fights with Droid Owners...
    Say what?


  10. #10
    Orange toad summoner Uzumaki_Tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Aus
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by Woofcat View Post
    You wish.
    Bugger!

    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    I believe that the future of Humanity depends on our ability to use Technology,
    You said it best Paulbee
    Last edited by Uzumaki_Tim; 09-19-2010 at 08:39 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Hey scotty can you make a thread of How much milk Brooke drinks?
    My DoTA hero... Vote for it please!
    www.playdota.com/forums/threads/820/Dak'sar

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •