Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Retired Administrator

BlackBerry finally made a Ad/Video that didn't suck completely. I'm shocked. Perhaps too little too late however.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    PGP Key Here

Yeah, RIM, er...I mean BlackBerry, probably needed to come up with that 2 years ago instead of lodging their heads firmly up their asses. Personally I feel they might as well go the Nokia route and partner up with some software manufacturer, and by that I mean Google, in order to hopefully improve their luck.

Many technological changes have happened since I first started this thread, and even though I still don't own a smart phone I have come to appreciate their usefulness better even if I manage to live more or less happily without one.

The deal for me is that a smartphone is not really (only just) a phone. It is a camera, it's a web access device, a digital calendar, a road map, and much much more depending on the hardware that can be squeezed into it, and the apps you have.

If I ever did get one, it would be for its internet connectivity, and not simply for the voice communication function of a normal phone.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Retired Administrator
    Not going to lie, I use like 0-5 minutes of talk time a month on my phone. However I chew about a GB of data every month. The phone feature is just there in the event you need it.
    PGP Key Here

i cant imagine life without it, its like a computer to keep me occupied, bide my time. hmm.. saying that, it's not really a good thing lol

anyways this is pretty funny, and i understand where you come from paul

http://teamcoco.com/video/louis-ck-s...een-cell-phone

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Beer and Music
    Quote Originally Posted by Woofcat View Post

BlackBerry finally made a Ad/Video that didn't suck completely. I'm shocked. Perhaps too little too late however.
    Hey Woof, is that phone actually good? I was a fan of BB back when I have a Curve (I'm sure you remember helping me mess with it once or twice). Well, I've been thinking of getting a new phone (HTC One and SG Note III) work amazing. But, I was thinking of maybe going back to Blackberry.

What do you think?

Retired Administrator
    Hey,

I've used the Z10 for 6-8 months and I own a Q10 right now. So before I start let me just get out of the way what I use my phone for.

• Lots of Messaging.
    • Reading Reddit.
    • Browsing the Web.
    • The odd video here and there.

Of all of the virtual keyboards I have used the Z10 is the best. The iPhone has shit prediction and as far as I can tell doesn't learn much. Android is better as I enjoy the haptic feedback. However as everyone knows you download swiftkey.

BB10 licensed the SwiftKey stuff right from them, so the built in keyboard is the best 3rd party keyboard from Android. When the Z30 comes out it should be running 10.2 of the operating system. The Z10 and Q10 will be getting this pushed in October.

10.2 comes with the 4.2 Android runtime improving the comparability of Android apps.

The Web Browser scores the highest on the html5 test. So solid support and proper rendering.

3rd party application support could be better but given the Android runtime you can sideload almost any application. (Short of Instagram as they're actively coding shit to prevent BB)

So in the end it's up to you. I like my Q10 as I am a physical keyboard person. However to each their own.
    PGP Key Here

Quote Originally Posted by Woofcat View Post
    So in the end it's up to you. I like my Q10 as I am a physical keyboard person. However to each their own.
    I used to be the same way man, but once I got my first Android phone I quickly found those swipe features in keyboards (Swype, or Gesture typing on Google Keyboard). I'm a little slower with them, but it's so much easier. With Swype it's even super easy to punctuate so I don't have to sacrifice any of my syntax, which bothered me when I first went touch screen because I felt I had to let it suffer. I have a friend who hails the feature because he can text while driving without looking at his phone, although I don't recommend that and you technically could with physical keyboards, too.

Signature and Avatar courtesy of ImotoChan

Retired Administrator
    The reason I love physical keyboards is simply the touch typing aspect. I can sit in a meeting and pound out a message under the table and not have to go back and correct the ever living shit out of it.
    PGP Key Here

If you were going to recommend a smart phone for someone whos last experience of such things was an iPhone 3 what would it be? I need to get myself one for Christmas but the market is saturated. Advise me people! XD
    - Ot