Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    The Black Swordsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pix View Post
    What feature do you hate most in a video game? Bad camera, bad graphics, bad storylines, etc.

I hate most is bad camera because it's so annoying when you can't see where going running to and I think it's kinda stupid that game designer didn't noticed that.
    I'd say bad storyline, after all, storyline is the back bone of a game, unlike camera which seems rather unimportant to me, and well, it's easier to set a good camera-mode, while writing a good storyline is not as easy.

¡ǝɹǝɥ
    1opı ǝsǝuɐdɐظ ɟo ǝɹnʇɔıd
    お母さん.. お父さん.. 先生.. 私.. 結婚.. 出来る? ..¡11ıʍ noʎ ..((; oɥ1 nʞ ʞǝʍǝɔ nʇı nʞǝɹnʇɐubıs ɐɯɐs ɹɐʇɐʌɐ ıp ɐpɐ buɐʎ 'ʎɐʍʎuɐ ...¡ɹǝuǝq ɐqoɔ WITHOUT TEH WIL 2 ADVANCA HUMANS R AS D3AD!!1!1 WTF

After all the suffering to beat the last guy, he kills you in the last minute
    Or having the consola frozen when playing... so you have to restart and you loose everything :(

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Takeyo View Post
    I'd say bad storyline, after all, storyline is the back bone of a game, unlike camera which seems rather unimportant to me, and well, it's easier to set a good camera-mode, while writing a good storyline is not as easy.
    I have to disagree with this one as a universal rule: storylines only really matter in RPGs. First-person shooters don't need a great storyline to be fun (or even a storyline at all). Examples are Halo and Unreal Tournament; no great story with twists and turns to pull you in but fun as hell. Also, action/platform games don't necessarily need a fantastic story to be fun, and a fantastic story doesn't make a game fun. Perfect example: Ratchet and Clank vs. Jak and Daxter. R&C doesn't have a good storyline; it's predictable, cliché, and not that interesting. It's only there to give you a reason to blow shit up. But blowing shit up is fun. J&D, on the other hand, has an in-depth storyline but isn't anywhere near as fun to play as R&C.

Also, if the camera is bad in a game, the game can become unplayable. It can frustrate the player and can get the player killed, which further frustrates the player. And a good camera may be easier to make than a good storyline, but a game is still playable with a bad story, whereas a game with a bad camera can be frustrating to the point that you want to break the game and your console.
    All glory to Haruhi! The one and true God!

with fps games i think a good storyline adds alot to the game, prime example being prey- that game is my all time fav fps although my computer nearly ignites when i play it, the whole alien storyline its got going on just makes it all the interesting. i just realy got into that game more than any other shoot'em up.

Dont know if many people played it but gallerians had an absoloutly awfull camera angle it made me dizzy playing it

I hate lag, lag and people who take advantage of noobs and the game by claim their better than everyone else and ruining the game for people who disagree...
    A pie in the sky?

If a game has bad graphics and storyline, you can't just hate one of them. So pretty much everything as long as they are not good enough.

Thanks Bushidodude for the sig and avatar!

Click to join!

Spoiler!

Basically pay to play games.

>=(

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I hate lag, lag and people who take advantage of noobs and the game by claim their better than everyone else and ruining the game for people who disagree...
    I completely agree with you

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmjow1982 View Post
    Basically pay to play games.
    Paying to play games doesn't make the game worse. Just more expensive.

By your logic, if there was a game with flowing storyline immersive gameplay, and the characteristics that would make the game better than any other game, however the price was $1000, then it would be a bad game?

If Grimmjow1982 meant games in which to get the fullest out of them, having to pay a monthly fee to play online (when you've already paid £40 for the game itself) then i absoloutly agree, its daylight robbery. the game might be excellent but price is a factor in that.