Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Senior Member King Of Soul Society's Avatar
    welll durrhhh the reason why they lose their powers has been stated themselves and i quote from tenza zengetsu himself "the final getsuga tensho is when i become getsuga" hence they are blasting away their shinigami powers away... however it is possible to regain your powers for instance rukia had lost most of her powers but with time she regained full power all her powers hadn't even fled from her but she still had to wait for a arc and a half to get her powers back so fall back with your silly idea its simple they couldn't feel his(aizen's) reiatsu at the time because it was way too far for them to comprehend(because after being slashed by gin i remember the human girl was able to sense it) and now ichigo's level is that which no one we currently know can fathom....

and another example soifons bankai is so powerful for her body she is only meant to use it once but pushed it by using it twice against barragan and to end this now because this shouldnt be an argument because i don't see how you could possibly use shinkai without getting your powers back and plus ryuuken stated i see you have regained some of you powers and another time when he killed the 1st arrancar which was sent to earth him and uruharra had a convo and something was said about his regained powers so dude fix up

use your common sense and evidence left within the manga you are actually worse than halaros lol even he wouldnt come up with something like this without proof

additional help read this carefully http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Isshin_Kurosaki
    Last edited by King Of Soul Society; 09-21-2010 at 10:45 PM.

He Who Speaks Without An Attentive Ear Is Mute.

Originally Posted by halaros536
    shut up you weakling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are just angry because i didnt let you became my SERVANT!!!!!! but icould not accept that because you are too weak to be my servant sorry

Veteran Member
    Well.. Itd be believable if he said he had not fully recovered them.. As in, he is only partially as strong as when he lost his powers.. But he is in the shinigami robes (forgot the name) and is using reiatsu.. Id say that would mean he recovered some of his powers, at least.. Plus, it has been stated in the manga that he has.

He could always be "borrowing" powers from ichigo at the moment, or someone else.. but that just.. makes no sense right now, seeing as he appeared twice now with shinigami powers.. Although i still wonder if he actually has his zanpakuto or not.. with the soul in it..

chaos he must have a soul in it not from you too lol... he used getsuga tensho he can't perform that attack with no soul in it

shut up you weakling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are just angry because i didnt let you became my SERVANT!!!!!! but icould not accept that because you are too weak to be my servant sorry

Veteran Member
    He was still in his zanpakutos regular form though.. He never did go shikai in the fight.. He was losing pretty bad there at the end, youd think hed at least go shikai, like every other strong captain did.. Is it even possible to use your zans powers without being in shikai or bankai? I mean, getsuga tenshou seems like a move you could do without a zan with a soul in it.. its only a reiatsu blast from your blade.. Isshin already proved he could shoot reiatsu from his finger.. Unless that was air pressure or something, which it could be.. But he has great reiatsu control, anyway..

Also, it makes sense.. You were supposed to lose your shinigami powers, but here he has them. Although, it isnt guaranteed he used TFG... But itd make more sense if you were to lose your zan than your shinigami powers.. you were pretty much using up all your zans powers there at the end, right? The zan wouldnt know any better, they could believe that they do lose all their powers.. seeing as they end up gone.. Theyd figure theyd lose all their powers too.. But anyway, it doesnt have to be like that.. It could be that now that he has his powers back his zan is just dormant or something..
    Last edited by Chaos Shepherd; 09-22-2010 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Namvel View Post
    it is "obvious". it's not like this is a "shinigami" technique, it's something more related to Isshin's royal bloodline. plus, Isshin is the father and Ichigo is the son, so yeah, it is "obvious" Ichigo's powers down to the moves would've been used first by his father.

DUH!.
    Royal? We don't even know they are royal yet <.< I just hate jumping to consclusions. Just because it seems feasible does not make it true, just feasible. The only way to make it sound like a true statement is when Kubo himself makes it clear it is so. He hasn't.

And how can the final getsuga tensho NOT be a shinigami technique if the person who is able to use it MUST be a shinigami first, since the idea of the final getsuga tensho is after all that the shinigami will lose the SHINIGAMI POWERS?

Please don't speak about "obvious" when you make such "obvious" logical mistakes like that.

Yes, it might be a technique that is inherited through the Kurosaki bloodline, it does not mean that it's not a shinigami technique, since being a shinigami is a prerequisite in order for to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Electros View Post
    Isshin has not regained his powers. Source:

Spoiler!
    Obvious troll is obvious.

I just get the tingling sensation that you haven't read the manga at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Shepherd View Post
    Well.. Itd be believable if he said he had not fully recovered them.. As in, he is only partially as strong as when he lost his powers.. But he is in the shinigami robes (forgot the name) and is using reiatsu.. Id say that would mean he recovered some of his powers, at least.. Plus, it has been stated in the manga that he has.

He could always be "borrowing" powers from ichigo at the moment, or someone else.. but that just.. makes no sense right now, seeing as he appeared twice now with shinigami powers.. Although i still wonder if he actually has his zanpakuto or not.. with the soul in it..
    Chaos, you better drop this. There's no point feeding one person's lack of reading comprehension. It has been shown that shinigami without power loose their outfits, this is not the case at all here. Of course Isshin can't be borrowing powers from Ichigo because

1. How would Ichigo be able to give his powers to Isshin in the first place?
    2. Ichigo was not around when Isshin regained his powers

chaos it could be that his blade doesn't change its appearance when it he uses shinkai its nothing uncommon within soul society i believe when komma uses shinkai it doesnt change his blade i think the same goes for toshiro and a few others

Veteran Member
    When hitsugaya uses his shikai his blade becomes ice, byakuyas becomes petals.. (well, many small blades) Komas shikai is a mini bankai, pretty much.. Wiki says that it creates a giant body part for whatever part of koma moves.. so if he swings his sword, a giant sword is swung with a detached arm.. Very much like his bankai, it seems.. Everyones zan seems to change shape when they release.. its part of releasing, you are releasing some of your zans power.. Although there could always be a weird few that dont.. but i kinda doubt it.. Some of them can become the shape of a regular sword, though.. like byakuyas.. but isshins zan seems way to different from theirs, as his is a melee type, like ikkakus or ichigos..

TBH, aizens blade stays the same, though.. but that could just be because of his hypnosis.. so his zan kinda just... cant count.

And yeah leat, i was never too big on that idea of borrowing powers.. but it was just something that could be true.. but most definitely not.. I was just trying to think along the lines that his powers hadnt fully came back.. but even so.... I really dont think he is borrowing powers, though..

but then tousens zanpaktou doesn't change either you see what i mean it can remain in that form but still release a getsuga watch hitsugaya carefully from 2:00mins and look his blade doesnt change it just emitts the ice and then he controls it with his zan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT_9U7Wl3PQ

Veteran Member
    It still changes shape.. Tousens first shikai release i guess doesnt, but thats only because sound isnt a shape.. His 2nd release does change shape. But i you are technically right. The sword doesnt always change.. but the powers do make a change. Generally, when one releases they use their powers right away so it creates the change.. but yeah, im kinda cheating on this, ill say you won that debate. By saying that it changes because they are using their powers is somewhat like cheating.. I was never really saying that the sword has to change, because that doesnt always happen, seeing as their swords seem to go back while they are in shikai mode (yeah, i knew that.. :-/ ). I dont know if komas sword changes, yet the appearance of that giants body parts is the change.. Its a huge change. Because isshins zan is a lot different, i could get away with it.

So to be fair, ill say this. Melee type zans do seem to always change shape (maybe youll find one that doesnt and then i might really lose this debate :-/ ). Plus, most change shape, anyway.. But isshins is a melee type zan.. People also say a release command to go to shikai.. Though i guess its not really needed.. And also, it does seem that you do have to be in shikai to use your zans powers..

So, isshin never said a release command, so thatd mean that he was in shikai already when facing aizen.. Plus, his melee type zan hasnt changed shape, even though he has released, which is unheard of so far. So conclusion : very possible he wasnt in shikai.. which means he used zan power in normal form, which is impossible.. right? Which using his zans move in regular form is impossible.. so maybe the zan isnt there? OR just dormant..

It is totally plausible, though.. thats why i wonder about it.. It seems like a move that you wouldnt need a zan to use.. so the zan's soul disappearing seems logical, moreso than their powers leaving completely. (because isshin got his back, if thats why he lost them) Now, if that is not the reason then all my reasoning is completely moot.. except for the fact that he used getsuga tenshou while not in shikai mode.. (well, likely that he did) Which, tbh, does seem like itd be possible, as i mentioned earlier..

Aizen does not seem aware of the final getsuga thus these theories that he was what forced Isshin to use it has little basis. The fact Isshin knows it exists must mean he has either seen it or done it himself. Still this means that Ichigo will no longer have powers like Isshin unless there is a way to go back. This means the manga would be over with unanswered questions.

Thus we must infer that he still has powers and can continue to use his current form or he will go back to becoming a shinigami, through a similar method as his father. When he said losing powers he did not mean he is powerless like a human but is like Rukia was when she was drained. We know Isshin from Shinjis comments when he first revealed his careers now has spirit pressure so to say that he is like Ichigo is a bad assumption, and it seems like one of those no turning back problems which makes me hard to interpret the fact that he did it, but thats just my interpretation.
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT