Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by busterswd View Post
    Is it possible he sacrificed his bankai to get that ridiculously strong? When he saw Ichigo post training, his very first assumption was that Ichigo had sealed his reiatsu for physical strength. Maybe he did something similar?
    In my opinion, no. A bankai is supposed to enhance a captain's strength by 10x or something, when they release.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    In my opinion, no. A bankai is supposed to enhance a captain's strength by 10x or something, when they release.
    No, it's like your bankai is 5-10x like your shikai (I'm not sure if it's in power but certainly in size (that's why Byakuya was so shocked after seeing Ichigo's small bankai)).

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    No, it's like your bankai is 5-10x like your shikai (I'm not sure if it's in power but certainly in size (that's why Byakuya was so shocked after seeing Ichigo's small bankai)).
    Doesn't matter how much reiatsu it actually adds, the important part is that it ADDS reiatsu, meaning that if you are interested in maximizing your potential, bankai is a must.

Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Doesn't matter how much reiatsu it actually adds, the important part is that it ADDS reiatsu, meaning that if you are interested in maximizing your potential, bankai is a must.
    Does it actually add reiatsu? Or is the increase just because the user is pulling out all the reiatsu he can, or something like that.. Kinda like powering up in dbz, lol..

If it is added, does that mean it comes from the zanpakuto?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Shepherd View Post
    Does it actually add reiatsu? Or is the increase just because the user is pulling out all the reiatsu he can, or something like that.. Kinda like powering up in dbz, lol..

If it is added, does that mean it comes from the zanpakuto?
    If it adds during the bankai process or whether it's cumulative I don't know, and Kubo hasn't been very clear on that subject. The idea is pretty clear however, a person who has not achieved bankai will never be as strong as a person who has. So regardless, it seems like not attempting to achieve bankai if you got the potential to reach it is a gimping of your full potential.

Veteran Member
    Well leat... Kenpachi... :-p Bankai doesnt make you stronger than someone without it.. its not a guaranteed thing, anyway.. But yeah, bankai sure does help one become stronger.. I know it raises ones reiatsu up when they use it.. but i dont exactly know how/where it comes from.. Plus, it seems to make you stronger even when you arent in bankai..

There are also some of the vizards.. they could be stronger than say.. renji.. or ikaku.. the VCs might still not know bankai, anyway..

Senior Member King Of Soul Society's Avatar
    i have to go with leat on thies 1 i belive it does make you stronger however it doesnt mean your stronger than someone without for instance abarai renji vs kira or the faggot guy from kenpachi's squad i believe they will own him but strength alone wouldnt of beat aizen before but this aizen seems a bit unstable and doesn't think before he acts so if he was to even go into bankai it would give him a boost but after a while he start getting sloppy and excited with the boost of power he has

He Who Speaks Without An Attentive Ear Is Mute.

Originally Posted by halaros536
    shut up you weakling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are just angry because i didnt let you became my SERVANT!!!!!! but icould not accept that because you are too weak to be my servant sorry

Quote Originally Posted by King Of Soul Society View Post
    i have to go with leat on thies 1 i belive it does make you stronger however it doesnt mean your stronger than someone without for instance abarai renji vs kira or the faggot guy from kenpachi's squad i believe they will own him but strength alone wouldnt of beat aizen before but this aizen seems a bit unstable and doesn't think before he acts so if he was to even go into bankai it would give him a boost but after a while he start getting sloppy and excited with the boost of power he has
    lol it must be the first time.

But Chaos, point being, the reason why people constantly want to see Kenpachi to achieve his shikai is EXACTLY because it raises his actual strength potential by a definite number. Yes, he is strong without it, but I was just making a generalized statement about how it usually works with the power levels in Bleach. Of course there are always going to be exceptions, and there is great individuality between each group of shinigami, but the point remains the same, an average person without shikai is weaker than an average person with shikai. Furthermore, shikai and bankai enhance a person's fighting abilities by adding more abilities to the reportoire; to the point where some releases are utter hax (Yumichika's and Kira's, for example).

While some releases come with great negative consequences, like Shunsui's, the added power and abilities added upon release still justifies the argument that a person is stronger with a release than without, regardless of the person's initial base strength.

Veteran Member
    Hmm, it seems like you 2 misread what i said.. I said bankai does make one stronger.. But it doesnt necessarily make one stronger than someone w/o it.. although it sure as hell helps.. I was pretty much messing with you when i said kenpachi, and just pointing out that it bankai > one without it. Like you said in that last post, there are some exceptions.. that is what i was pointing out. :-/ Sorry if it was misleading.

and king of soul society, you pretty much said exactly the same thing as me..

I never really said that bankai doesnt make the user stronger.. I was just asking if it actually increases ones reiatsu when it is used, and if so where it came from. I was under the impression that it just pulls out reiatsu and pretty much takes you to full strength. I believed the reiatsu was always there, just the person doesnt need to use it, but has to if he wants to get into bankai. Its like the unreleased state of zans- size depends on reiatsu level.. But you can shrink the size if you can control reiatsu well.. I was under the impression that they pretty much contained/didnt leak the reiatsu, so it remained small. I related it to DBZ.. with the powering up thing. Its similar to hiding your power.. And you start raising your power when you go shikai/bankai.. Or like SS mode, lol..

Although, i may have misinterpreted your comment about it adding reiatsu.. I thought you meant that it actually increases ones total reiatsu when one enters it.. But it truly just pulls out their potential (I think).. Although im not too sure about it, its why i asked.. Cause where does the reiatsu come from, then? The zanpakuto?

And yes, i know one can increase their reiatsu by training and whatnot.. when you first achieve bankai your reiatsu is increased, i believe..

Hope this clears things up a bit.. I would get into more detail about the reiatsu increase/hide thing.. but i dont wanna make a huge wall of text.. a minor one is fine for now, i hope.

Senior Member King Of Soul Society's Avatar
    oh did i my bad :p lol

He Who Speaks Without An Attentive Ear Is Mute.

Originally Posted by halaros536
    shut up you weakling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are just angry because i didnt let you became my SERVANT!!!!!! but icould not accept that because you are too weak to be my servant sorry