Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    If you watch the anime, they made an ep with Haribel's flash back, and in that they claimed that Haribel was a VL. Kubo has trolled the anime team a few times though so I guess we could kinda ignore it.

If you think about it, it kinda makes sense though. Stark took out 2 Vizard Captains, and had fought on par with 2 of the best captains before that. Had he not been caught off guard and injured, I'm sure he would have put up a better fight. Same could be said about Barragan, his power was crazy imba, only that he had a stupid weakness. He would have pawned Soi Fon without his release.

Yammy is the thing that stuff us up. Ranking him #0, unless his a purpose mod arrancar (though Aizen claimed Wonderwise was the only one, but Kubo trolls so) and is a nuke waiting to go off, then I don't see a point in him. Even now, I don't see why Yammy is ranked #0, especially with the way the story is going, is there even a need for an espada to remain? Especially a dumb one?

VL exists!! That´s a fact. Otherwise it wouldn´t be mentioned in the history by Kubo. What we don´t know is if the Espadas were the strongest VL.
    Barrigan call him self ' King of Hueco Mundo". We can´t say based in that information he is the strongest. Just see Stark.
    But because it´s hard to archieve VL level´s, we could say that there isn´t many of them. They don´t need to eat hollows anymore to stay in the same level. They can live quietly in some place.
    Question: Hollows can die because of "ageing"/ get old?
    If they don´t we can presume that there would be more powerfull hollows then Barrigan and Stark.

Veteran Member
    The thing is, they might be VL strength (or almost) now.. but only because their power was increased immensely by becoming an arrancar.. They should have been able to do what they did (or more) when they were still pure hollow..

Unless VLs were completely over hyped.. but i really doubt that they were..

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    If you watch the anime, they made an ep with Haribel's flash back, and in that they claimed that Haribel was a VL. Kubo has trolled the anime team a few times though so I guess we could kinda ignore it.

If you think about it, it kinda makes sense though. Stark took out 2 Vizard Captains, and had fought on par with 2 of the best captains before that. Had he not been caught off guard and injured, I'm sure he would have put up a better fight. Same could be said about Barragan, his power was crazy imba, only that he had a stupid weakness. He would have pawned Soi Fon without his release.

Yammy is the thing that stuff us up. Ranking him #0, unless his a purpose mod arrancar (though Aizen claimed Wonderwise was the only one, but Kubo trolls so) and is a nuke waiting to go off, then I don't see a point in him. Even now, I don't see why Yammy is ranked #0, especially with the way the story is going, is there even a need for an espada to remain? Especially a dumb one?
    idk the fact that we havent seen the battle with yammy for so many episodes makes me thing he might be extremely powerful.if he were like all the other espada kubo could have shown us this battle right after the other espadas died and show us his death and then return to fkt.and stop complaining about him being dumb.i think its only natural for him since it was shown that the aspect of death that he controls is anger and when you are angry you dont think properly thats why it isnt strange.

The thing with Bleach is it's all about speed (after a power cap). Everyone above or equal to a captain is automatically subjected to speed. Without it, they will always lose. So even if a VL is stronger than Ichigo now, it will lose anyways if it moves like turtle.

Quote Originally Posted by fabiotoy View Post
    VL exists!! That´s a fact. Otherwise it wouldn´t be mentioned in the history by Kubo. What we don´t know is if the Espadas were the strongest VL.
    Barrigan call him self ' King of Hueco Mundo". We can´t say based in that information he is the strongest. Just see Stark.
    But because it´s hard to archieve VL level´s, we could say that there isn´t many of them. They don´t need to eat hollows anymore to stay in the same level. They can live quietly in some place.
    Question: Hollows can die because of "ageing"/ get old?
    If they don´t we can presume that there would be more powerfull hollows then Barrigan and Stark.
    Paraphrasing myself:
    This topic specifically entails about the Espada, and one of the questions is whether they are extinct or not. It's different to say that they are a top of the evolution chain of hollows or some such, but it doesn't mean they exist. Dodos have been written about in history books too, but they don't exist anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    idk the fact that we havent seen the battle with yammy for so many episodes makes me thing he might be extremely powerful.if he were like all the other espada kubo could have shown us this battle right after the other espadas died and show us his death and then return to fkt.and stop complaining about him being dumb.i think its only natural for him since it was shown that the aspect of death that he controls is anger and when you are angry you dont think properly thats why it isnt strange.
    The thing is Yammy is meant to be stronger than all the espada's. But considering how he looks nothing like a human, with a dozen legs or six arms, and that massive size of his, it contradicts what we've been told about VL's. More to the point, if the top 4 were VL's then why is Yammy stronger than them.

Another thing that has got me confused is that Aizen is getting his arse handed to him right now, yet we dont' even know what's going on with Yammy. Is he dead? Is he alive? What's the point of him being alive if Aizen is dead? Is he actually a fraccion of the real espada's, all of which are VL's and not under Aizen's control.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kubo introduced different subcategories of VL just to clear up this mindfart of his.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post

I think its matter of putting 3 separate pieces of work together:
    • The anime "filler"
    • The data-book sentence.
    • Plus, in the manga; The top espada took on multiple captain class opponents and lost by unique circumstances.

Look at espada 0-4
    • Stark was stabbed through the back, possibly the spine
    • Barragan killed by his own powers by a very rear technique
    • Hallibel killed by 'Aizen'
    • Ulquiorra lost to H2-Ichigo
    • Even Yammy is taking on 2 captains, he was losing at first but has come back more powerful.

These were not weak fighters as they put up a good fight, and even Aizen says how disappointed he was in their collective power.

Kubo changes his mind about things all the time, for all we know the real VL are in the kings realm, but until current information is contradicted, it looks like we've already seen some VLs.
    Spoiler!

of course the Vasto Lordes exist, they exist in our hearts.
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!

Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto