Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sell op

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeTheGold View Post
    If you don't read One Piece, I will kill you.
    Hell - I'm convinced!

One Piece, what can be said about it that hasn't already been said?
    I could start with the connection that you undoubtly will get with the characters, or I could bring up the constant surprises or the humor thats neverending and never dull, alas I could bring up the tearful moments that will, if not make you cry, crasp your heart with gentle hands and make your eyes blurry. I could go about the action, on how it always feels cool and innovating, full of imagnitive ways of using ones capacities in different ways. But I won't....

... instead I will bring up the most important part of one piece, and that is nakama, or companion as it means in english, although that word is not strong enough to describe its real meaning, its the closest one can get. Its a word wich meaning can make a man climb a mountain with his bare hands in the middle of a blizzard, its a word that can make a man go on even though his body can bear it no longer, its a word wich can make you confront your fears and stand up against a foe you know you have absolutely no chans of winning against... it means all that and more.
    Also lurking around Vegapunk's forum, quality One Piece subs.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    You guys all got good points but to really sell something you gotta put something like this after it:

[Crack your knuckles] and utter those three magic words "We break legs" (or any other body part you'd like to place in there, genitals for example)

Though FUNimation might be able to fix up the whole North American popularity thing if they deicde to re-release the rest of the eps.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

Quote Originally Posted by Archiel View Post
    You guys all got good points but to really sell something you gotta put something like this after it:

[Crack your knuckles] and utter those three magic words "We break legs" (or any other body part you'd like to place in there, genitals for example)

Though FUNimation might be able to fix up the whole North American popularity thing if they deicde to re-release the rest of the eps.
    Here's a vid One Piece fans should watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY3jm7-ing8

It's Funimation at Anime Boston talking about their acquisition of One Piece. If I remember correctly, they are going to release the Jaya episodes, and if they have the time, they will redo the beginning and up. It's understandable if they don't redo the beginning of the series immediately; they do have to do a bunch of new episodes first, so that they can get money for it being on TV.
    All glory to Haruhi! The one and true God!

The manga is on 465 and the anime is on 318. Do we really have to tell u its good?
    'We need emotional content' -Bruce Lee

Now you are speaking my language.

For the sake of the universe(not really), I hope Funimation would be able to fix this, as long as they don't edit out too much...

VIZ got the manga, why can't it take the anime as well?