Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    Lets just say it's a manga after all normal when magma toughes somoene u woudent even see any ting around it(human) becuese of the heat

Mayby ppl are just more tolrent to heat in One Piece ?

Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Ok, for the sake of arguing I will go for Jimbei NOT using any haki there at all. For one thing, if Jimbei was able to stop Akainu's magma punch with minimal injury taken because he use haki then it would simply imply that Jimbei has a stronger haki than WB (who couldn't prevent his face from being torn off) which is imo pretty much hard to imagine.
    i'm pretty sure haki has some sort of limit. it's not a boundless source of body covering energy. you can use it and put it into weapons but on your face? let's just say you could protect your face using haki, you'd have to be waiting for the attack charging haki to your face. WB wasn't expecting to become HB.

Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    buy your logic then WB should have been evaporated so should jimbi the second time he got hit and luffy got hit two
    some times things dont make sense cuz of plot also we are not even sure fish man use haki ?
    and i'm not really sure what you're even talking about. all i'm sayin is that if the raw magma hit raw human/fishman flesh, it would look like whitebeard's face. how did he stop the fist without turning into fish fry? at the moment, the only thing that was able to repel kizaru's leg and kick smoker in his head have been haki.

Questions to Oda:
    Keep the questions coming. Whether he got the last ones or not let's just keep asking until we get at least one!

Quote Originally Posted by hwh316 View Post
    i'm pretty sure haki has some sort of limit. it's not a boundless source of body covering energy. you can use it and put it into weapons but on your face? let's just say you could protect your face using haki, you'd have to be waiting for the attack charging haki to your face. WB wasn't expecting to become HB.
    It's very plausible I think. A haki headbutt ain't that hard to imagine. Didn't expect? It's safe to say that WB has mastered haki to it's full extent and his color of observation is enough not to "not expecting" any of Akainu's attack. Add the fact that the attack is very straightforward and WB can clearly saw it.

Anyway, I think Fishmen is at least resistant to heat (very plausible) specially Jimbei. Jimbei got burns and injuries when he fought Ace yes but Ace took days to do that. I think Jimbei's resistance to Akainu's attack is almost the same as Ace if not a little bit below that. And it's not that hard to stop or at least touch Akainu's attack. Yes he is logia but he's not like Smoker and Kizaru which is virtually untouchable. He is made of molten rock which is very high in viscosity so touching or stoping it's flow ain't that hard.

sig made by me

ain't hard to stop magma? i won't put a vid from youtube up. have a think about that for a min.

we don't know the extent of WB's haki and nor will we probably ever know (dead). and if anything, a fishman would have much less resistance to heat being a fish. we all saw how resistant ace was to heat (hole through his chest) so if Jimbei is less resistant than that, he would have lost his body below his chest. he used his hands...to stop the magma punch.

i don't see why a fishman can't have haki. Rayleigh said almost anyone you know who has a big name on the grand line has haki. this is all we really know about other people having haki. it's still a mystery that we're sure to get more answers on. but saying they live under the sea so they can't have haki is a little short sided i think.

Questions to Oda:
    Keep the questions coming. Whether he got the last ones or not let's just keep asking until we get at least one!

Quote Originally Posted by hwh316 View Post
    ain't hard to stop magma? i won't put a vid from youtube up. have a think about that for a min.

we don't know the extent of WB's haki and nor will we probably ever know (dead). and if anything, a fishman would have much less resistance to heat being a fish. we all saw how resistant ace was to heat (hole through his chest) so if Jimbei is less resistant than that, he would have lost his body below his chest. he used his hands...to stop the magma punch.

i don't see why a fishman can't have haki. Rayleigh said almost anyone you know who has a big name on the grand line has haki. this is all we really know about other people having haki. it's still a mystery that we're sure to get more answers on. but saying they live under the sea so they can't have haki is a little short sided i think.
    I'm not saying Fishmen can't have haki and Jimbei did not use it. Again I'm just arguing for the sake of it. There are other reasons why Jimbei was able to stop Akainu besides him using haki. Akainu's last attack on Ace is a critical and direct hit attack but if you remember when they first clashed He only burned Ace's arm and not really melted it.

Jimbei is half fish so in theory he has to maintain water in his body more than a normal man would. And it's harder to burn something wet than something dry.
    Last edited by arisart; 09-27-2010 at 08:07 AM.

sig made by me

Luffy only got punched enough to take minimum damage like Jimbei... Whitebeard got punched enough to get his face ripped off

every time we see armaments haki, it is at one particular spot... Rayleigh and Shanks had it in their swords and people have had it in their fists and legs at one time (cant remember if Luffy had it in his fist)

whitebeard could have had it in his Bisento when his face was ripped off... And if you looked properly, whitebeard didn't take it head on, he tried to dodge by moving his head...

Has anyone noticed how Whitebeard never moves his head? When he tried dodging Akainu's face ripper, that was the first time but it was mainly his neck that moved
    Buzzzz

One Piece

WB was not expecting a Magma punch to the face, it was obvious how Oda drew the scene look back at it and the bottom small panels. You can't just say Jimbei didn't use haki it could had very well been haki , I would say he did another burst of water but Oda didn't draw that. You guys seriously saying with his bare hands he stopped Magma.....he most definitely used fishman karate or haki or both ? Chance of this being explain are low though. Might get lucky on the SBS who knows. But I will not agree that he just blocked it with his bare hand that is just retarded even for OP standards, when that same fist took the life of Portagus D. Ace and blast off half of WB's face. There's a good reason a overconfident man like Black Beard ran from Akainu. Akainu is overpowered, underestimated,and does what he says. He makes Lucci look like a pussy cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunder Luffy View Post
    hmm ur forgetting that wb was spitting blood before the atk so he distracted and i'm joining u with jimbei didend use haki there it's just he got super fat skin he's a shark don't forget
    Yeah because a shark super fat skin can stop Molten rock that has tons of materails that are 100 times harder melting within it......

This why is a big deal discussing this because it's fucking Magma! Almost anything it touches just.....

Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    WB was not expecting a Magma punch to the face, it was obvious how Oda drew the scene look back at it and the bottom small panels. You can't just say Jimbei didn't use haki it could had very well been haki , I would say he did another burst of water but Oda didn't draw that. You guys seriously saying with his bare hands he stopped Magma.....he most definitely used fishman karate or haki or both ? Chance of this being explain are low though. Might get lucky on the SBS who knows. But I will not agree that he just blocked it with his bare hand that is just retarded even for OP standards, when that same fist took the life of Portagus D. Ace and blast off half of WB's face. There's a good reason a overconfident man like Black Beard ran from Akainu. Akainu is overpowered, underestimated,and does what he says. He makes Lucci look like a pussy cat.

Yeah because a shark super fat skin can stop Molten rock that has tons of materails that are 100 times harder melting within it......

This why is a big deal discussing this because it's fucking Magma! Almost anything it touches just.....
    and another voice of reason. thank you FM! that's all i've been trying to (and all i have been) saying, but...que the next rebuttal...HAHA!

Questions to Oda:

ok guy here is the end to your flesh theory

iva is not like WB's face

luffy got hit to and he was out cold

and the division commander looks just like jimbis arm and he is also out cold at that point

WB's face looks the way it did because red good literally scraped the side of his face off with magma
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

One Piece

Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    ok guy here is the end to your flesh theory
    Spoiler!

iva is not like WB's face
    Spoiler!

luffy got hit to and he was out cold
    Spoiler!

and the division commander looks just like jimbis arm and he is also out cold at that point

WB's face looks the way it did because red good literally scraped the side of his face off with magma
    I don't know what the Flesh theory is, but looking at your reasoning it just helps what I'm saying about MAGMA.

First pic please explain what your are trying to say about Iva. What did Akainu do to Iva?

Second pic how it looks like, Akainu's MAGMA fist pierced through Jimbei and hit luffy.

Third pic, um wtf, no shit he's drawn like that , if Oda literally drew him like how something turns out to be when MAGMA comes in contact. Which is pretty much just nothing we the "readers" wouldn't know that WB commander died. You haven't proven nothing wrong yet it's not to say your wrong yet though, we don't have much proof either, that's why I said this might not be answered before. But I would say it's definitely closer to him using haki or fishmen karate and or both than to just Jimbei simply pushing MAGMA with his bare hands.

Oh yeah Cross USE FUCKING SPOILER TOOL FOR PICS !