Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sounds good mate!

13 39.39%
  • Uh...cool story, bro.

4 12.12%
  • WTF you smoking chief?!?

8 24.24%
  • You are herby forthwith banned from the interwebz.

8 24.24%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Shepherd View Post
    Well, if you consider that she could have been developing her powers in these last 17+ months, it actually doesnt seem all too bad. She wouldnt have to get much background/story because shes already ichigos sister.. Plus, there are ways to not throw chad,rukia, and ishida in the water.. One- shes not stronger than them.. Two- have them take her in on the "save k-town team." Hell, rukia/isshin/ichigo could train her so she isnt useless and it doesnt get rid of ichigo until he gets his powers back.. Although, ichigo shouldnt be able to help too much as he cant spar/demonstrate to her.. but isshin/rukia are there... Get him into soul form or just have him teach.. Though, itd be kinda pointless and dull to watch all that.. so maybe just mention it and show some parts of it max..

She shouldnt have to overtake chad, rukia, and ishida.. characters can get introduced and still not be more important than the old characters..
    That's what I mean. She can only be a sidekick. But I don't see what purpose she would fulfill as one, making her a useless sidekick. Which questions why she is a sidekick at all to begin with. What I'm trying to say is that while I don't mind Kubo saying that Karin might dispose hollows on her own, what I dislike is the idea of the readers having to take part of that, because it would mean a change of narration focus.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    That's what I mean. She can only be a sidekick. But I don't see what purpose she would fulfill as one, making her a useless sidekick. Which questions why she is a sidekick at all to begin with. What I'm trying to say is that while I don't mind Kubo saying that Karin might dispose hollows on her own, what I dislike is the idea of the readers having to take part of that, because it would mean a change of narration focus.
    This is not how I see it going down, what I might envision would be just snapshots where we are shown that yes, she has been training with someone to awaken her shinigami powers, later we get another snapshot that shows that she dispatches minor hollows freeing up other "more important" characters to do main story stuff. And then perhaps later down the line if Kubo wanted to do some sort of "rescue Ichigo" arc(LOL) he could then feature Karin(with Ichigo's friends naturally) with all the necessary backstory already in place to where she may then be able to get some major training and skills and be put into a major story arc that way.

Quote Originally Posted by SquadZero View Post
    This is not how I see it going down, what I might envision would be just snapshots where we are shown that yes, she has been training with someone to awaken her shinigami powers, later we get another snapshot that shows that she dispatches minor hollows freeing up other "more important" characters to do main story stuff. And then perhaps later down the line if Kubo wanted to do some sort of "rescue Ichigo" arc(LOL) he could then feature Karin(with Ichigo's friends naturally) with all the necessary backstory already in place to where she may then be able to get some major training and skills and be put into a major story arc that way.
    Well, I still believe the scenario "Ichigo would go insane" is viable in a coming arc. I'm not sure I would like to be played out THAT way though. I see what you mean, but I think I guess we just mostly disagree over the importance Karin's future role could be able to take and how interesting that would be. I'm not sure I want to go through the "emo teenager" stuff again.

I would hardly call Karin emo...she is perhaps one of the strongest personalities in Bleach. She is definitely the most level-headed person in that family. I guess we have to agree to disagree, I do think that Karin becoming a shinigami would be an interesting development.

Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Is it really not possible to come up with a story that makes it so karin is somewhat important in it? Seriously.. i can.. obviously it wont be that great cause im not really a writer.. Make it revolve around ichigos family.. Hell, yuzu could even be important.. Possibly say that they are twins of a shinigami and have something come out of that, or its rare.. shit.. i think kubo could come up with something.. it is his story..

I just feel like Kubo has it open as an option.. It seems like it wouldnt be a bad one, too.. I dunno how i feel about her taking over, though.. It wont really affect me at all if she doesnt develop powers..

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    Ya´ll see that everything currently happening is all part of Aizens Bankai or something.

Since when were you all under the impression that a time skip has happened ?

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----