Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dai_Tenhou View Post
    Hello everybody. My name is Kelvin, and I would like to share with you a theory that I've had for a while about Bartholomew Kuma. I've searched around, and I didn't find any similar theories, but I'm sorry if you've posted it before.

You can find a copy of this theory on my Tumblr.

I've had this hunch for a long time. It just came to me one day; I don't know if this has been posted before, and I hope no one steals this:

When English words are introduced to the Japanese language, they can become corrupted when they are shortened or mispronounced.
    For example in English, the acronym VIP has each letter in the acronym pronounced (vee-ai-pee), but in Japanese it is pronounced as it looks: vip (as in it rhymes with the word tip).

Now on to my theory-

Consider this about Bartholomew Kuma:
    1. He carries around a book entitled Bible
    2. He pushed the StrawHats to seemingly non-random locations in a deliberate manner.
    No consider these facts:
    1. The word Bible can be read in Japanese as biburu (like bee-boo-roo).
    2. The One Piece term Vivre Card is read in Japanese as ビブルカード or biburukādo
    I believe that the book that Bartholomew Kuma carries around is an index of Vivre Cards of important and significant people. Notice that when he asks people where they would like to go, he is flipping through his Bible. When looking through it, he is confirming a target person's location so he can send the individual in front of him to that location with a certain degree of accuracy.

That's just my stupid theory. I think it'd be pretty fun if I was right.
    not a bad theory but i never saw him look through his bible and like i said not a bad theory at all but did it really need its own thread like the war lord thread or the ask a Q thread would have bee a good place for this again not a bad theory so please dont take that the wrong way cuz that could be a reason he was made a war lord so he could find people i was just saying
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    not a bad theory but i never saw him look through his bible and like i said not a bad theory at all but did it really need its own thread like the war lord thread or the ask a Q thread would have bee a good place for this again not a bad theory so please dont take that the wrong way cuz that could be a reason he was made a war lord so he could find people i was just saying
    You are mistaken.
    http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece...3/page014.html

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

i was not saying he never did i was saying i did not remember seeing it i am sorry thank for the proof i got lazy and did not look my bad
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kuma having that bible as a Vivricard book wouldn't just only make sense on how he sent them to those islands but also.

Would make it easy to track down Thriller Bark while its in the middle of the Florian Triangle.

That was a good observation by that poster.

One problem with this theory... He sent Perona to an uninhabited island (at that time)... It wasn't until (at least) days later that Zoro was sent there, and I'm pretty sure that Kuma didn't make a Vivre card of Perona... Hawk-eyes didn't show up until after the winter war.

I suppose he could've made a vivre card of a baboon, but that just seems odd.

Another problem is that "Bible" would be read in Japanese as Ba-i-boo-roo, not bee-boo-ru. You say "Bible", not "beeble". "Biburu" would be a sound more like the surname of that annoying kid pop star than what a Priest would read before he goes to sleep.

This is a stretch, really.

I quite like the theory, but there are holes. In Japanese they do just say バイブル (bai-boo-roo) and with a certain swordsman not being home when his guests arrived...that's not to say that he didn't record locations...

I dunno...like I said, I want it to work but...

I like how nobody has mentioned the fact that Kuma used to be a Revolutionary. Robin is the light of the Revolutionaries apparently. They are supposed to ensure she lives.

Kuma sent her indirectly to somewhere he knew the Revolutionaries were gonna find her.

I'm sure the rest were important too. Although we don't know how much information he has on the crew (Although considering Shakky said she was already a fan of the crew and knew how to appease Chopper.) it seems that he has deliberately sent them somewhere they can train. Already knowing Zoro wanted to be the greatest swordsman, being a shichibukai he probably knew Mihawk would train him knowing his character or just took a coin toss at that. Sanji to Ivan-sans island knowing he was a cook from the statement Sanji said as well as Ivan-san hell being a revolutionary.

Well this is all leaning me closer to the fact the Kuma did purposely sent them to specific islands.

Edit: Also I'm not a fluent in Japanese language but he did mention the language corruption with Oda, to you guys correcting him.
    Last edited by FenixMarco; 09-08-2010 at 01:16 AM.

Aren't we all agreed that he deliberately sent the SH on specific islands? I mean it would be too coincidental and unrealistic if it weren't. The question is how on earth did Kuma thought that Boa would eventually help Luffy and not just kill him right off the bat?

sig made by me

Well it can't be that far of a stretch on how Shakky ridiculously foresaw it. Like how I mentioned with Kuma some what knowing Mihawk might train Zoro whether it be a coin toss for it on his part probably be the same with Boa. Boa's character isn't as hard to see compared to Mihawks.