• It's possible...

4 50.00%
  • You're cross crazy!!!!!

4 50.00%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "D." Island

King Dingaling Muddafuher One Piece's Avatar

One Piece "D." Island

Ok, now i'm going to seem a little crazy here for a moment so bear with me and i'm doubting myself a lot about this but what if the island that rayleigh and luffy are on is the Country of "D." that the WG destroyed.

A country that is only thought of to have existed that died in a battle for survival...sound familiar?

I know rayleigh said that it was against "cruel mother nature" but like he said at the beginning of the shabondy arc that they came to their own conclusion, but robin could come up with something completely different from what they theorized. Which would mean that the roger pirates came to the wrong conclusion and Robin becomes the person to uncover the truth which is her dream. And how else could rayleigh know about an uninhabited islands "history" especially when he's only been on shabondy for 20 years

And the plant that Oda threw into this chapter from movie 10 could be a trap to make us think "hey, he must be on the island from the movie" and then it is revealed later on to be the island of luffy's ancestors.

And if i wasn't already stretching things, maybe the nature on the island enhanced the "D.'s" natural abilities making the whole country very strong, maybe even superhuman, which the orginazation now known as the WG saw as a future threat and then went to destroy them. Which would help luffy learn haki a lot easier and faster since it supposedly takes years to learn and luffy isn't exactly the brighest guy in the world...

Stretching even more...Mother Nature gave them superhuman abilities only to have them made a target to an evil group who ended up destroying them hence the reference "against cruel mother nature" made by rayleigh...

And if you think about it, if the country of D. was in the new world, someone would've found some form of evidence in these past 800 years. But this island is in the middle of the calm belt, the part of the seas that absolutely nobody ever dared ventured in and nobody still dares go in it. only recently can the WG go in with ease thanks to vegapunks inventions involving kaoroseki.

Well, that's about it....time for the bashing...

Click to get your very own:Superrr~ Cross777 repellent^

There's a saying in the OP forums which goes like this..."If a new unidentified character is wearing a hat, he must be Sabo!"...Yeah, take that Obitio/Tobi/Madara theorists!

Spoiler!

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    Not a bad theory. Something like this went through my thought process when rayleigh was telling the history of that place. Along with the the amazons being so gifted with haki, there had to be some correlation with that and the island. But it is not known if this ancient people is connected to haki, although I suspect that they are.

Can't really debate what you're saying though since at this point the subject is sort of vaporous. though i had a long theory on what I think happened to the "D"s and how the will of "D" was created.
    Last edited by Stev3child; 08-26-2010 at 04:50 AM.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

I don't think that the place where Luffy is training is the Lost kingdom the WG destroyed 800 years ago. If Luffy and Rayleigh could reach the island then there are tons of other people could do so. Any top tier pirates can travel through calm belt with no problems.

Rayleigh is a guy who have conquered the grandline in his time so It's not that impossible to think that he knows about the isalnd and it's history. He could have gone there when he was sailing with Roger and their crew.

Second point, even though I personally believe that the D's came from the lost kingdom, we have don't have a slightest evidence to that.

There are at least 2 reasons why no one has ever discovered the lost kingdom and it's tragic history.

1. You need the ponyglyphs to unlock the history or even how to get to these people.
    2. The WG would hunt you down till you all destroyed.

I could add a third reason and that is the location of the island is indeed hard to reach. Even harder than the calm belt. And there is only one island that is almost impossible to reach and that is Raftel.

I believe the lost kingdom is on Raftel and not on the training island Luffy was on. Anything Rayleigh said was just the truth and no other meaning behind it. The people there died because of the terrible weather and the tons of dangerous animals living on it that even Luffy couldn't defeat.

sig made by me

not a bad theory but there is little to no proof right now
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hmmm i tink there coulth be an island of D. but i tink it woulth be raftel after all that woulth be normal in my eyes if it was

well I like this theory.

I donĀ“t think the lost kingdom was on raftel, that would mean the WG was able to reach the island with ease 800years ago. so some would think they should be able to reach the island nowadays too. right?

Like this theory but I got to doubt it, Raftel is the more likely spot for the ancient civilization that was wiped out during the void century. And why can't the WG get to it now even though they more likely destroyed it. That can easily be put out by Oda's imaginations, like me I could say oh some ancient device on the island moved it or hell some thing more simple after a huge event the island's magnetic field no longer exist, thus making it impossible to find. Yada yada and so on.

Well anyways I could see this island having connections with that civilization, and what steve mention about Kuja tribe who aren't far from it. That would had been more believable for me before the haki explanation. But everyone having haki now shows it ain't really that special, it's just hard to draw out. (Talking about Color of armor and Color of observation of course). So I don't see any reason to connect Haki with the ancient civilization and hell the "D" any more.

Well I'm a some what agree with you and Aristart I don't think there's any hidden meaning behind what Rayliegh's saying but It's plausible that it could be connected. I just don't think its there because this island will be quickly forgotten once Luffy is done with his training.

Quick question, chapter 594 the swordsman Gorousoi said the "D" always mean danger. I took that as he was just saying it was a threat, anyone else think that could be the actual meaning?

@Steve I like to see that longass theory!

Personaly i tink the D. is the name of the old race somting like "Dam"(meaning king in german) or somting totaly els but i dont tink its danger woulth be realy gay why woulth the marines/WG take ppl with D. then in?

this island is just a regular island for a perfect survival training .
    the d island is probably destroyed like ohara
    I can't fight this feeling any longer.
    And yet I'm still afraid to let it flow.
    What started out as friendship,
    Has grown stronger.
    I only wish I had the strength to let it show.

coulth be woulth be funny if its like hiden in plain side of the WG but they dont know it