Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by FireFistLuffy View Post
    My bad I edited afterwords, like the 2 above said we don't know the exact details. As far as I remember all that was said was before the impel down arc started Shanks clashed with kaidou I can't remember whether it was Shanks trying stop WB from going and Kaidou got in his way to let WB go. Or Kaidou himself wanted to attack WB, which to me makes no sense since WB was stated as the strongest.

So yeah there's possibilities anything happen but from what was little said to me it seemed like Shanks won. For all we know they could had come up with a agreement without fighting.

I'm not just favoring Shanks over Kaidou just how again I read it.
    You got it all mixed up FFL. Check the link the asker gave. Kaidou might assume that WB would fall in the hands of the marines so he might wanted to take the honor of killing WB instead. Shanks intercepted Kaidou so he won't interfere with WB plans.

Remenber WB and Shanks talked before the war. Shanks knew he can't convince WB to stop Ace from pursuing BB. He knew Ace would fall and a war is inevitable. After their clash of swords, Shanks might just offered his help it came down to it which it did.

sig made by me

Kaidou was just being an opportunist. Still he said to be strong so i doubt he and shanks would battle for such a short time and I doubt WB would have defeated him easily he wanted to take the chance while he was distracted by the WG.

This thread seems kinda dumb why destroy a powerful character who we didnt know of till just recently. Its not Odas style to have a guy be defeated just like that. Considering the fact Big Mamma is probably Lolas mother and Red Hair is a friend of Luffy. Kaidou may actually be the biggest threat to Luffy right now besides BB and possibly the Admirals.
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT

Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    You got it all mixed up FFL. Check the link the asker gave. Kaidou might assume that WB would fall in the hands of the marines so he might wanted to take the honor of killing WB instead. Shanks intercepted Kaidou so he won't interfere with WB plans.

Remenber WB and Shanks talked before the war. Shanks knew he can't convince WB to stop Ace from pursuing BB. He knew Ace would fall and a war is inevitable. After their clash of swords, Shanks might just offered his help it came down to it which it did.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshecalpoly View Post
    Kaidou was just being an opportunist. Still he said to be strong so i doubt he and shanks would battle for such a short time and I doubt WB would have defeated him easily he wanted to take the chance while he was distracted by the WG.

This thread seems kinda dumb why destroy a powerful character who we didnt know of till just recently. Its not Odas style to have a guy be defeated just like that. Considering the fact Big Mamma is probably Lolas mother and Red Hair is a friend of Luffy. Kaidou may actually be the biggest threat to Luffy right now besides BB and possibly the Admirals.
    Think Afro was being sarcastic with his statement, because what I said does sound kind a bias.

Yes I reread Aohige_AP's translation and it's exactly what you guys said. Kaidou was trying seek this opportunity to take WB's head. I still think Shanks won regardless if it was a all out brawl or solved in a talkative manner. Moria was said to have been on equal grounds with Kaidou and Moria got his ass kicked by Luffy's crew.

Those my thoughts on it.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFistLuffy View Post
    Think Afro was being sarcastic with his statement, because what I said does sound kind a bias.

Yes I reread Aohige_AP's translation and it's exactly what you guys said. Kaidou was trying seek this opportunity to take WB's head. I still think Shanks won regardless if it was a all out brawl or solved in a talkative manner. Moria was said to have been on equal grounds with Kaidou and Moria got his ass kicked by Luffy's crew.

Those my thoughts on it.
    If it were an all out brawl, Shanks wouldn't be getting at the war without a single wound. And they didn't talk either, they did had a skirmish. Moria equal grounds with Kaidou? Lmao, his crew were murdered and he got defeated.

sig made by me

Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    If it were an all out brawl, Shanks wouldn't be getting at the war without a single wound. And they didn't talk either, they did had a skirmish. Moria equal grounds with Kaidou? Lmao, his crew were murdered and he got defeated.
    Hey I know that. I'm just saying what it said in the manga. At end of arc of thriller bark when the random people get their shadows back 1 of the sailors says that, Moria was on equal grounds with Kaidou 10 years back.

How I see it, is like this, Moria and Kaidou in the pass where their generations super nova's as WB Roger Shiki were Yonkou's maybe big mom. And Moria just like you said got murdered he lost got knocked out of the race.

That said think we might see some similar things like this happening in One Piece: The New World. With the current supernovas and top tiers.