Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I think there will be no more Masks, or if there were, it wouldn't increase Ichigo's power. Seem to me that as he is right now, Ichigo perfectly combines both Shinigami and Hollow powers so that going Hollow alone would not increase his power at all.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Initiate
    Ichigo's reiatsu is not detectable probably because of reiatsu compression to the next level. Similar idea to what his dad said, captains would be wielding skyscrapers if they didn't compress their zanpakuto's reiatsu.

Now what if ichigo is so efficient at compressing his reiatsu that he not only compresses his zanpakuto, but also his Reiryoku. In doing so no reiatsu is leaking unless is needed.

PS. This concept looks to have been ripped off of shaman king. The part about captains and sky scrapers.

Veteran Member
    Well, it was never really hollow alone, though. I mean, he was generally in bankai when he used the mask. Maybe shikai for training, but my point is he had to be in soul form, which is a shinigami. So he was always using shinigami powers, then he just added his hollow powers on to his shinigami powers when he used the mask. He later on started to rely on his hollow powers more, and soon more than his shinigami powers. (when he "died" i think) So really, if anything he was using shinigami powers alone, and then adds his hollow powers.

Right now, hes in bankai state. It doesn't look like hes using any hollow powers. But maybe he is balancing his powers on the inside or something. If thats true, it would seem like he wouldnt need the mask. But really, wouldnt he have to have his mask on to balance his powers completely? It'd just make sense to me, that way you can actually tell hes using both powers.. As hed have shinigami + hollow forms showing.. Unless, when he combines them completely, they become something else and it just looks like hes using his shinigami powers. But anyway, thats more why i believe its not that route of balancing.. Plus, it would be easy to disrupt the balance.. Wounds would weaken him, and ichigo tends to get a ton of wounds each times he fights. Hed have to change his fighting style a lot. Though, thats a part of maturing.. lol

But, Ichigo mixing his hollow and shinigami powers is definitely a good theory. I just think kubo wouldve shown a bit of hollow on the outcome of his new looks.

I'd love to imagine that there is some more sublime, deeper, more awesome reason for Ichigo's lack of Reiatsu, beyond him just controlling and compressing it. Somehow that just sounds too ordinary (I know it's not ordinary, it just seems so).

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Veteran Member
    Well, It could actually be both. Him having controlled both powers allows him to compress his reiatsu perfectly. Or something like when hes in perfect equilibrium he can compress his reiatsu.

I guess i kinda feel opposite of you on this one, paul. Id feel like id rather have him compressing his reiatsu or controlling it in some way. I mean, i guess i wouldnt mind either, but i prefer mine or squadzeros theory. Honestly, now that i think about it, him learning to control his powers and mixing them and creating a balance or something similar would probably go better with how aizen is talking about evolving and whatnot. But i just dont wanna believe that itd allow him to control his reiatsu perfectly like he is... I want them to be separate upgrades, instead of combining them. They always talked about him having super poor control over his reiatsu, and that it was a huge amount. I wanted to know what he could do with learning that. Then i also wanted to know what would happen if he learned to control his powers perfectly, also. Thats my reasoning. But by combining them, we dont get see those. It feels like Kubo is taking an elevator instead of the stairs. >.> Id rather have both those upgrades separated...

I guess it might be a bit confusing, but id like both of those upgrades separated, and i dont want to see the reason of ichigo having great reiatsu control now being that he learned to control his powers.

One thing i believe we need to remember also, is that the purpose of meeting this hybrid zangetsu and hollow form was to learn the "FINAL GETSUGA TENSHO"... I believe this is it, when you achieve the final getsuga, which utilizes all his power, his true bankai is unleashed. This might be a property of his new Bankai... Or full potential of bankai

If you remember the first time he fough byakuya, byakuya said it was impossible to master bankai immediately, just like renji bankai was still immature.
    I believe Ichigo's bankai was immature, just since he has been in this "bankai form" through so long, due to the war with the arrancars, he learn probebly this 10 year worth of training, by learning from "Hybrid zangetsu hollow" the secrets of his powers.

Also we know that Shinsui said that in 100 years Hitsugaya bankai will surpass his. Meaning bankai do mature and get stronger.

Remember Ichigo is a 15-16 year old guy, his bankai just step up a notch, and this no reatsu is probebly the result of his new getsuga... If i step a little further (maybe beyond the line), probebly the new getsuga takes all the reatsu from ichigo, he probebly prepared it in advance, and that's why he told aizen "i'll finish this in a instant"
    or somethign along those lines.

Though that last paragraph is a stretch...

I would also like people to understand my post, i am not offering a solution or a theory, just an addition to Steven child theory. I believe if you put both post togueter, form them in a equation, you can find something along the lines of the truth.

*While i didn't tlak much about the hollow form, i believe it's part of it... But steven alsreay talk about it so i didnt' repeat his words.

Itachi and Sasuke are my favorite characters ever created in a anime.

"Thank you to all the writers, drawers and translator that brings us a new Naruto chapter every week. I thank you all, for all your hard work. It is in my opinion the best anime serie ever created. Domo Arigato gosaimasu! Jamata Raishu!"

isn't he just pulling a goku?
    http://dragonsas.mybrute.com/ fight
    manga's and anime i follow or followed
    Spoiler!

Slovakia, not Slovenia - LEARN THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonfang View Post
    isn't he just pulling a goku?
    Exactly, he has done the "time chamber" power up right now. Only that in Ichigos case, the boost is several levels ahead. I wonder how many years did Ichigo spend in the "cross-road" dimension ?

Byakuya said so himself "you are 1000 years early to fight me" or something like that. Well, its not exactly that Ichigo spent 1000 years in training, just saying that there is the "time chamber" paralel ..

Why no reiatsu ? How should I know
    FAVOURITE MANGAS
    Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Claymore, Ao No Exorcist, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Gamaran, Toriko, Vinland Saga, Gantz, Wolf Guy, Deadman Wonderland, Vagabond, Blade of The Immortal, Battle Royale, Zettman

Appearance of Darkness Aga bomBa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Himura Battousai View Post
    nice summary dude
    Thnkz bro,.. I believe that it already was explained in the pages that I made in my post.

Ichigo fought his Zangetsu and hollow together, for getting better control of them both. His Zangetsu said: “ Originally, both of us were one.. both of us, are your power “

Ichigo reached a higher level by controlling the powers of Zangetsu and hollow form at once. He can control / balance their powers so good, that he reached even an higher level then Aizen.
    Ichigo has done everything by force until now,.. he never used his mind for reaching better control over his hidden powers. Balancing you heart and mind together, is the key for being what he’s right now..
    ... You're Dead 2 Me Now ...

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    I'd like to know why Balancing the Shinigami aspect and the Hollow aspect equates to a Higher level than Aizen.

Aizen already had his own Crazy strong Shingami powers, in addittion he has the Combined power of 2 HGQs

If all a Person has to do is to Ballance their Shinigami with their inner Hollow, then any one of the Vaizards could potentially be Stronger than Aizen. If being human is the neccessary factor, then Either of Ichigo's sisters could replicate his deed, and then be Stronger than Aizen too.

What I am saying is that a further understanding of HGQ, and Ichigo's uniqueness is neccessary for me to fully understand what Kubo is up to here.
    Look at Star Wars. Theoretically, Luke could be replaced by Leia. But Leia did not have the potential to be able to control The Force. Similarly, Karin and Yuzu may theoretically have the potential to become shinigami but they do not possess the right amount of reiatsu to do so. Furthermore, none of them are vizards.

The "problem" at heart though is that the story plays out the hero's journey, and 99% of all cases the hero must be a man because it usually symbolizes the transition of a boy to man. Girl to woman would have to have a different storyline in order to properly play out. That Bleach is replicating the hero's journey is very noticable with Ichigo's new attitude and appearance.