Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    It's blind xD!

Quote Originally Posted by blindSharingan View Post
    I still browse but rarely post. Too much theory crafting in the OP section nowadays.
    Yeah, when I first join this forum was during the war arc. There was a lot of good posters and not much theory crafting. Then left for half a year and the OP section went to shit. Probably because certain someone X.
    I'm definitely surprised that mantra is haki. I'm curious how exactly a haki ability is enhanced by electricity. Since Enel said he uses his DF to extend the range of his mantra.
    This probably will be how Oda will enhance Luffy's new attacks with his haki, who knows. But yeah I can't put haki with electricity extending his range .
    I'm still not 100% convinced that Zoro is using haki yet. I'm not really against the idea but I like to believe he has just he's reached some higher level of swordsmanship and that he cut Mr.1 through pure strength.

Also, OPs break from jump is going to be tough to endure. :(
    I didn't know you was with Cross on the Zoro haki thing. I see it as he reached a high level of swordsmanship by implying he used 2 haki's in Alabasta for me. Both the things he described in the regular 2 haki explanations sound like what Zoro did vs Mr.1. Breath of things (mantra) and the other Armor haki that could hit the DF users. But I will agree even though haki been explained still leaves questionable thoughts for Zoro and Luffy.

Yes the break is bad news for me as well. :(

sweet . finnaly we have an explanation for haki . And mihawk training zoro is nice . i like the referenc boa = chichi haha
    I can't fight this feeling any longer.
    And yet I'm still afraid to let it flow.
    What started out as friendship,
    Has grown stronger.
    I only wish I had the strength to let it show.

I know you all like to think of oda as a god, but I doubt he had haki fully planned out in the alabasta arc. Hearing the breath of all things can be interpreted as mantra, but mantra doesn't make it any easier to damage a certain material.

Zoros revelation in arabasta was more likely just an early idea which evolved in to the idea of haki.

Zoro can not use haki to damage logias, his breath of all things was likely a fluke in a life or death situation, zoro did not "Master" haki that day. We haven't even seen him cut steel since then.

I really think his breath was just a way to let him cut steel, and oda hadn't even thought of haki back then. Let alone shanks yell at the sea king...

I dont think oda really started pushing the idea of haki untill garp punched luffy after water 7, everything before that is just random stuff he decided to implement (Including enel's mantra and shanks yell)

Epic chapter though, love it.. hate the break, why must he torture us =p

Quote Originally Posted by Electros View Post
    I know you all like to think of oda as a god, but I doubt he had haki fully planned out in the alabasta arc. Hearing the breath of all things can be interpreted as mantra, but mantra doesn't make it any easier to damage a certain material.

Zoros revelation in arabasta was more likely just an early idea which evolved in to the idea of haki.

Zoro can not use haki to damage logias, his breath of all things was likely a fluke in a life or death situation, zoro did not "Master" haki that day. We haven't even seen him cut steel since then.

I really think his breath was just a way to let him cut steel, and oda hadn't even thought of haki back then. Let alone shanks yell at the sea king...

I dont think oda really started pushing the idea of haki untill garp punched luffy after water 7, everything before that is just random stuff he decided to implement (Including enel's mantra and shanks yell)

So after nearly reading 600 chapters you found out that everything wasn't planned since beginning ...!!! Awesome... ..

He is regarded with respect cause he is capable of writing a Manga of high quality, unlike other authors who just make up lame shizz to get over the problematic situations or just forget what they said a few chapters back. Moreover someone wont mention a similar ability unless you had a plan for it and it has been mentioned ever since the beginning with Shanks, though the name might have been coined later.

At least I believe that he had an idea abt it from the start.

Moreover, zoro's ability is made up on his own, so he doesn't know how to apply it completely, it will probably be a variation of haki or haki itself(unfortunately will be taught to him by mihawk, :()

won't be out for four weeks after this chapter O_o

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    I'm really loving how haki is explained. Seems to be another nice addition to the one piece universe.

Even with the time skip i don't think the quality or the focus of the plot is going to shift or change. Although I really think there is a potential for failure to uphold the fun, adventurous nature of the plot post time skip if he has to focus on the changes the world has undergone. hopefully he can pull it off.
    Last edited by Stev3child; 08-25-2010 at 10:15 AM.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

Quote Originally Posted by Electros View Post

I don't see Oda as God, but I do see him as a great author. I won't denied I'm a OPtard. But think this chapter pretty much shows us Oda once again had it all planned out. In Arabasta Zoro showed signs of Color of Observation, and Color of Armor.. these two types are Haki.

Color of Observation (Kenbun-shoku Haki) in other words mantra. [Presence] Rayleigh: To feel the opponent's "presence" strongly. This is known as the "Color of Observation (Kenbun-shoku)" haki...
    By training this, you can know the position of the target whose even out of your sight...
    the number of enemies.. and even what their next immediate move is.

Zoro showed he used it back in Arabasta when he closed his eye's and predicted where the rocks will fall.

Color of Armor (Busou-shoku Haki)
    Rayleigh: Other than attacking their weakness, this Armored Haki is the only efficient power against Devil Fruit users.
    Even though the Logia types intangible bodies may feel invincible, with this power you can directly contact their real body..
    Rayleigh: Have you seen the amazons' arrows? This power can be imbued into weapons.

Zoro showed he used this back in Arabasta as well, this how he cut Mr.1 with his Busou-shoku haki imbued attack Loin's song.

So yeah honestly I really do think Oda wasn't lying when he had One Piece planned out and how he already had the ending planned from the start.

ZoroxPerona For the win!

Yeah i figured Zoro would be the one to explain it. Besides, we were never shown how long it took the other SH's to figure it out. He could have been the fastest.

Man this chapter just killed everything cross believes in!

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

ha! nice last chapter before the month-long break.. well, oda deserves that break maybe he's got a baby.. lol!

haki... and that explains it, it is found on every individual, there are those that can be trained and there is the one which you cant, the Color of Conqueror King (Haoh-shoku) Haki but can be controlled.

OPtards really must go nuts now for that confirmed month-long break and that 2years time skip...
    What's up Motherf*ckers?!...

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Man this chapter just killed everything cross believes in!
    lol someone's gonna be so salty.

Anyway, Coby and Luffy is imo, are going to become a dynamic duo. They both represent opposite forces, yet are still mutual. By the end of the manga, I think Coby will becoming very high, if not the highest ranking marine, and play a key role in Luffy's success.

When the story of the WG's climb to supreme power after the dark century is revealed, I think Coby(along with Luffy) will change the face of the WG. Because coby would have influence over the marines, a coup could form and Luffy can potentially gain the WG or at least the marines as an ally or neutralize its opposition. Meh I'm too tired to organize my thoughts better.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...