Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo 3

Meh, its a good FPS but i hate FPS's in general so again: Meh!

The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    BLOWS BLOWS BLOWS BLOWS BLOWS

That's about my opinion on Halo 3.
    I Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Cr4zy View Post
    Have you played it yet? Many people who flamed on Halo 3 or just hated the series really changed their minds.
    Actually I've played the series and the only reason that the pathetic insult to first person shooters is still popular is because it was the first console based online multiple player feature. Other then that fact it has a worthless storyline, reused ideas for guns, and the anonymous main character that "everyone and no one can identify with".

Halo is just the "non gamers" game. Since unlike every games made by Nintendo and even Sony, any idiot can pick up an xbox controller and play against others who think that jumping with a sniper rifle is possible. Or that using a timed sword function for one hit kills is "cool".

Give me Goldeneye, the original perfect dark, or Wolfenstein. Those were first person shooters, not this Halo crap.
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

Nintendo Wii Friend's number

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Lion_Link View Post
    Give me Goldeneye, the original perfect dark, or Wolfenstein. Those were first person shooters, not this Halo crap.
    Agree 100%. Halo is a bag of shit.

Millennium Army Earl angelic_error's Avatar
    GOLDENEYE! I loved that game and perfect dark I played for about 4 years>> I played halo2 and thought it was fun for online swat matches until they made it ranked then I lost interest in the game generally.

remember D. Gray-Man fans discuss the manga and anime at ROI and enter the contest too click me!

I don't get why everyone thinks halo 3 sucks so much.
    I mean, it has problems and stuff, but its multiplayer more than makes up for it.
    Seriously, this game has the best multiplayer experience out of all FPS games.
    I think many just have an inherent dislike for the game from some other experience other than halo 3 itself.

The reasons for my dislike in Halo:
    1) The fans. You microsoft slaves really annoy me. "HALO IS MY LIFE!"
    2) ..Ok, think for a sec. You're carrying a gun. You jump. The gun..MOVES! In Halo, you jump, the gun stays still..err WTF?! This makes constant jumping while holding the trigger how most asswipes play halo.
    3) It's just a poor FPS in general...a shot to the head doesn't kill you, but getting pistol whipped in the back of the head, or slashed by a sword DOES kill you. GENIUS.

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

Actually headshots do kill you, you just couldn't manage to get a proper one. You probably hate Halo because it's so easy to die through certain weapons. But I've killed plenty of sword users by keeping my distance with just a regular machine gun. If you're able to survive a whole round without at least dying 5 times with 10 people or so, then you're like...amazing. Otherwise you're bound to die.

Anyways, I haven't even played the previous Halos seriously since I didn't own an Xbox. I recently got my 360 a few weeks ago and I love it despite its price. I have a Wii as well and I think both are great, but again this is about Halo 3.

Everyone has different preferences about first person shooters. Halo was a successful online FPS for a gaming console, which is big because PC shooters are awesome as well. However, as I said earlier, preferences are different for everyone. I don't enjoy sitting in front of a computer screen playing FPS. Not only does it hurt my eyes, but using a mouse for a pointer is too easy. I prefer sitting on my leather chair with a wireless controller, distant from my HD widescreen TV, and talking to my friends through a mic in my comforting living room.

As for the classic FPS fans, I think it's absolutely fine that you stick to the old generation FPS. I just prefer the new generation as it has a wide variety of compatiblity with not only friends, but the world if you wish. To go into your room and inviting some friends over once in a while to play a FPS against each other, especially on the SAME screen, is not so cool. Playing in your own comforting room, playing music for the background, being able to talk to 16 players on one all out free for all on your own screen, is cool. Not only that, Four Player online campaign is sick on Halo 3. You can't say shit unless you've tried it.

Overall, I don't think Halo 3 is the best FPS. I don't think there's a best FPS. Some people don't even like FPS. But I'm damn tired of playing RPGs lately and when you don't wanna go out and you know you have friends in your same situation, just call em up and play within a few minutes...and maybe continue for some hours or so.

Anddd I'm not giving my Gamertag out, I don't play with strangers =p. (I turn my mic off most of the time because there's always faggit 12 year old punks that talk shit to you. They also sound like red-necks, and hell are those accents annoying.)
    Last edited by Syaozen; 09-27-2007 at 01:32 AM.

That must be it.

People who suck at this game= Halo Flamers.

Anyone who can jump over and over smashing the right trigger, or whoring the sword can be good at Halo. It involves like, no skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Cr4zy View Post
    That must be it.

People who suck at this game= Halo Flamers.
    I don't think they really have a right to say anything either. It's been out for what, 2 days? Have any of you guys even played it? ("NO BECAUSE IT SUCKS" is not a valid opinion).

Haters will stay as haters.
    ------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendoki View Post
    Anyone who can jump over and over smashing the right trigger, or whoring the sword can be good at Halo. It involves like, no skill.
    Anyone who whores a sniper rifle or machine gun or any other weapon can be good as well. Isn't it the same for every FPS? There's also a shitload of new weapons and updates on older weapons since the previous title. Halo 3 isn't really meant for stealth, thus the radar it has along with its jumping. If you were to run left and right without any jumping, you'd die pretty easily. If you're looking for stealth then you should go and play Gears of War, or better yet whatever other FPS you're "skilled" in.
    Last edited by Syaozen; 09-27-2007 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost