Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    from what i read kakashi litterally said that "you cant, you'll die after that" so he does know, ofc it could just be craptastic translations tho.

Quote Originally Posted by almara View Post
    from what i read kakashi litterally said that "you cant, you'll die after that" so he does know, ofc it could just be craptastic translations tho.
    well that maybe ther reason for kashahi side of things but what about Gai?

How does he even know he can open the 8th gate? its not like its something u can test to see if u know u can do it, if in fact u do die from it.

its like MS sharingan how would u know u will lose ur sight eventually without actually using it frist to see what happens. Apparatenly u die from opening the 8th gate so not sure how one can be so confident.
    The Master's Legacy

If a theory can't explain the mysteries of the past, it has little chance to explain the mysteries of the present and future.

well in the MS's case you'd know since it happened to some1 like madara, so you know it would happen, but you have a point about the 8th gate, maybe the 8th gate is all about knowingly and willingly sacrificing your life to open it and benefitting from it for some time.

I think simple common sense is more than sufficient to close the book on this one. If not then please refer to the professional opinions of 10 medical ninjas who look after their comrades and village fellows who must spend weeks recovering from opening not even to the fifth gate.

This isn't some mysterious legacy of bloodline limits or ambiguous history of shadowy villians from the darkness, this is asking what happens when you put your body through a meat grinder. Is there really any doubt what happens?
    _____
    Obito is Tobirama's great grandson. The proof is in the pudding.

Quote Originally Posted by knife eater View Post
    I think simple common sense is more than sufficient to close the book on this one. If not then please refer to the professional opinions of 10 medical ninjas who look after their comrades and village fellows who must spend weeks recovering from opening not even to the fifth gate.

This isn't some mysterious legacy of bloodline limits or ambiguous history of shadowy villians from the darkness, this is asking what happens when you put your body through a meat grinder. Is there really any doubt what happens?
    common sense? what u mean?

what we were saying is how can u know u can open the 8th gate if once u do u apparatenly die.

This isnt something u can test to see u can do then de-activate the gate and say to urself "hey im boss i can open the 8th gate"

unless u dont actually outright die from tech i dont know how gai knows he can open the 8th gate. Unless he would be gambling his abiltiy during a fight and see if he can open when the 7th gate isnt enough.
    The Master's Legacy

If a theory can't explain the mysteries of the past, it has little chance to explain the mysteries of the present and future.

yeah, knife eater missed the point on the discussion here. the main issue is as psukkar says how gai can know he can open the 8th gate when doing so kills him, another example is the demon god seal that minato used kurama to seal him in naruto, how could he know, he could use it, if he would die from using it, coz for all we know the seals could have been wrong, and i think it is a good analogy in this case, gai have simple been training the "seals" for the 8th gate and thus knows he can use it, just like minato knew he could use the demon god seal(or whatever its name was).

Quote Originally Posted by almara View Post
    yeah, knife eater missed the point on the discussion here. the main issue is as psukkar says how gai can know he can open the 8th gate when doing so kills him, another example is the demon god seal that minato used kurama to seal him in naruto, how could he know, he could use it, if he would die from using it, coz for all we know the seals could have been wrong, and i think it is a good analogy in this case, gai have simple been training the "seals" for the 8th gate and thus knows he can use it, just like minato knew he could use the demon god seal(or whatever its name was).
    :
    Nope, you missed the point about common sense because its now more than clear you have absolutely none at all. Your analogy of "training with the death God or whatever it's name was", all i have to do to prove you wrong is to simply repeat what you say! How did naruto know he could save iruka sensei with a massive kagebunshin no jutsu from a forbidden scroll he just acquired when he had never done it before and his previous basic clones were complete failures? You can arrive at the correct answer more than one way but all require common sense!

Here, I'll give you the answer because i feel sorry.. it's that the guarantee of death does not diminish a strong will in confidence, especially when a strong will defines its confidence through a desire to protect. Start there and try rereading some chapters.
    _____

aww, you cant come up with any proper arguements against mine so you reduce yourself to some1 like this, claiming i have no common sense and then use a stupid analogy that is utterly pointless and have nothing to do with the discussion and no, none of those things you mention have anything to do with this discussion. now if you had said something along the lines of "how naruto could know he could use the shadow clone jutsu when he had never used it b4" then you would have had a point instead you just dont and what you say have nothing to do with the discussion here.

IM not sure if you are troll or fool?
    _____

clearly my point stands then, atleast try to remain civil instead of sttop to something like this, where is this fabled common sense of yours?