Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Catherine

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    watch the trailer..feels kinda like heavy rain..but with different style...

hopefully the x-rated stuff still there when they release the na version.just like the evoker in p3...they have some people bitching about it..and atlus change it with glasses that makes the character like supernerds in p4...

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

I thought they all looked kewl in their glasses.

who needs glasses when you had people shooting their brains out to call their persona^^

anyway,.....is there any updates of this game from atlus....

The OST is out if anyone wants it.
    http://tokyotosho.info/details.php?id=387942

I'm really tempted to just buy the Japanese version. Been reading on Sankaku about how insanely difficult it is. Atlus are apparently releasing an update for it to make the game easier, but I think I'll try and hammer normal mode without the update when it come to the west :x

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    watch the trailer..feels kinda like heavy rain..but with different style...

hopefully the x-rated stuff still there when they release the na version.just like the evoker in p3...they have some people bitching about it..and atlus change it with glasses that makes the character like supernerds in p4...
    Persona 3 was about death so the Evokers fit right in to the setting. P4 had an overarching theme of insanity, not death. Including Evokers in 4 would've been just plain stupid.

Still bummed that there's no plan yet to bring this to the states. While the gameplay was kind of disappointing I'm always ready for a good story.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

http://m.kotaku.com/5768538/japan-fa...ress-catherine

Catherine outsold Marvel vs. Capcom 3! I'm shocked... Hopefully that seals it for localization.

My copy arrived within the week.Aaaaaand I am kind of surprised that I don't really have much to say.

So I beat it with Catherine's True ending. I really liked the direction at times and found most of the game honestly enthralling. Its storyline never really went anywhere crazy and it was kind of really simple and straightforward in most of the way (it was kind of unique, though, and it feels right at home in SMT) and the reveal of the main villain was kind of hilariously subdued and "whatever" (I liked that), but I felt like I genuinely cared about and liked the characters, though the characterization wasn't as strong as like P4 or anything. I hate comparing constantly to Persona 3/4, but the vibes were there.

The soundtrack work was amazing as per Meguro's track record and the puzzle gameplay was still frenatic and action-packed and fun. Sometimes frustrating. The dream world was pretty fantastic. I liked how it started drawing from obscure mythology near the end.

But overall I can't help but feel a little disappointed. In a lot of ways, it really did feel like it was more of a tech demo and an experiment.

It was a nice diversion and I think it'd be cool if Atlus did stuff like this more often.

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar

All I can say is "Hell yeah!"

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

I was prepared to buy the Japanese version, but now that it's coming out in the US that's awesome. Hopefully it will have Japanese audio with subtitles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangaz View Post
    The OST is out if anyone wants it.
    http://tokyotosho.info/details.php?id=387942

I'm really tempted to just buy the Japanese version. Been reading on Sankaku about how insanely difficult it is. Atlus are apparently releasing an update for it to make the game easier, but I think I'll try and hammer normal mode without the update when it come to the west :x
    So, are you saying when it comes to the other countries that we can play the original difficulties from Japan. Because that's what I would like to do. I don't want it dumbed down.
    Signature by me.

Whoa it got the greenlight for localization? Awesome! Loving that PS3 Cover. The story in this game is looking to be just as original as the rest of the SMT series, and the gameplay is a welcome new innovation. Can't wait to play this summer.

Also, your review was nice Daz. Stories in Atlus games are usually very original and enthralling and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it and the characters. For me personally that's one of the things Atlus does best is offer a unique one of a kind experience in their medium of games. That and Meguro's music is orgasmicly good. Gotta love those guitar riffs like in Battle for Survival. Interested to see what he brings to the table for a horror game like Catherine.

I can kinda see if its short since it was made to help Atlus familiarize themselves with the next-gen consoles for future releases like Persona 5. It not being an RPG also means it won't be extremely long. Still. I'm happy they decided to do something original and break away for a bit. Risks like Catherine can pay off big in the long run if they achieve cult status or a loyal following. Like you said it outsold MVC3 in Japan.

Hoping it has some replay value too especially with harder difficulties, that is if the default difficulty isn't already freakishly hard.

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

Does anybody know exact release dates for the west?
    Ava & Sig created by Max
    v Credits to IIDX v
    Spoiler!