Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Luffy's Message

This something from 2chan Japanese OP forum site. Enjoy Airicks!

Spoiler!

Orange toad summoner Uzumaki_Tim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FireFistLuffy View Post

Spoiler!
    Looking at that picture the tattoo simply says 3 Days 2 Years and the X is taken from the Alabasta arc meaning "if we split up when we join up show this sign"

so putting them both together is "we will join up in 3 Days 2 Years"
    Seeing as only the Strawhats themselves realise the significance of an X on someones arm this is how only they realise what Luffy is saying.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Hey scotty can you make a thread of How much milk Brooke drinks?
    My DoTA hero... Vote for it please!
    www.playdota.com/forums/threads/820/Dak'sar

whats that?!

Quote Originally Posted by Uzumaki_Tim View Post
    Looking at that picture the tattoo simply says 3 Days 2 Years and the X is taken from the Alabasta arc meaning "if we split up when we join up show this sign"

so putting them both together is "we will join up in 3 Days 2 Years"
    Seeing as only the Strawhats themselves realise the significance of an X on someones arm this is how only they realise what Luffy is saying.
    Possible assumption, I wouldn't agree with it though. My first thought on the X simply just crossing out the 3 day meet up to making it a 2 year meet up. I can't see them back tracking all the way to Alabasta.

But then again WG saying Moria was dead then him turning up alive, along with Boa Hancock freely turning marines to stone and the WG not doing anything about it. Sure makes you wonder what can happen.

Orange toad summoner Uzumaki_Tim's Avatar
    Possible assumption, I wouldn't agree with it though. My first thought on the X simply just crossing out the 3 day meet up to making it a 2 year meet up. I can't see them back tracking all the way to Alabasta.

But then again WG saying Moria was dead then him turning up alive, along with Boa Hancock freely turning marines to stone and the WG not doing anything about it. Sure makes you wonder what can happen.
    Oh I didn't mean that they would actually meet up in Alabasta, they will still meet up at the vivre card.

This is also why I think Oda took the time to show a panel where Vivi read the paper
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Hey scotty can you make a thread of How much milk Brooke drinks?
    My DoTA hero... Vote for it please!
    www.playdota.com/forums/threads/820/Dak'sar

The X was on the Straw Hats left forearm not the right bicep. It was used as a counter measure for Mr. 2's power. It was later used to say good bye to Vivi. I do believe there was nothing under the X as well, I don't know, I'm going to have to go back and check it. There is a lot of X's in One Piece, and you can't just throw them all together like they have some deeper meaning like the Will of D. The X itself isn't the message, it is only used to cross something else out. That's it. It's an X. Nothing more. The X isn't important. What is important is what the X is canceling out.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

i can understand the logic on the 2 year message

1. they need to get stronger
    2. Ussop is super FAT!
    3. franky destroyed Vega Punks lifes work (figure takes a lot of time to do)
    4. chopper is going to research (figure takes a lot of time to do)
    5. sanji has to beat 99! kempo masters (figure takes a lot of time to do)
    6. showing vivi, reminds us about the "X"
    5. WE are also part of the crew, so we should be able to understand luffys message too.

what doesn't sound right is the huge amount of time! 2 years is a LOT! and i really want the crew back together....so if the theory is right then a time skip is needed...

Thats why i doubt it

1. Oda is not the time skip kind of writter.
    2. Oda is a master of suprise...

Spoiler!
    eh? lol thank you? i only see a .. well idk what it is, looks like *maybe* a part of a bigger picture though i cant tell
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    eh? lol thank you? i only see a .. well idk what it is, looks like *maybe* a part of a bigger picture though i cant tell
    Lol it's a up closed look at Luffy's tattoo from chapter 594. Someone on 2chan forums did it.

oh i see, thats pretty cool, though a 2year time skip would be alot, not that its non doable, that would make luffy like 19 right? still plenty young pluss it would make chopper mature alot more.

i doubt its gonna be like '2years later...' or 'after 2 years of training...'

But, i think it could work like lufy has a few pages showing what he's doing training wise followed by the rest of the SH's, after a few chapters they all look a little different and head back to sabony(assuming Oda does 2SH's a chapter with luffy having his own it wouldn't be a like training arc instead more like a montage - which are cool lol ~ rocky)
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)