View Poll Results: Do you think (some) paramecia have the ability to evolve?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • yep they sure do

    6 46.15%
  • maybe we'll just have to wait and see

    1 7.69%
  • Nah...where did you get this crazy theory?

    6 46.15%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43
  1. #11
    ɹǝʎʍɐן Я I Hand Banana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hall of fame
    Posts
    5,359
    Quote Originally Posted by gaza-pirate View Post
    But I think paramecia are more inclined to evolve that is to say that they have more potential than the other two
    Zoan; u turn into a half human animal hybrid
    logia; u get to turn into and control an element of some sorts what can kizaru's light evolve to? Or crocs sand yes they may become stronger but to evolve and change that's what paramecia are most likely capable of
    Its not the fruit that evolves, its the user's ability to evolve. Luffy Gears works due to him heating his body. Flesh wouldn't be able to maintain the heat, but rubber is absorbing the heat.

    Having a better understanding of what your fruit can do unlocks more potential of that fruit's ability. Chopper understood his fruit, and developed something to help unlock more of its potential.

  2. #12
    Full Member gaza-pirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unknown Island in the New World
    Posts
    252

    One Piece

    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Its not the fruit that evolves, its the user's ability to evolve. Luffy Gears works due to him heating his body. Flesh wouldn't be able to maintain the heat, but rubber is absorbing the heat.
    u are wrong my friend luffy's gear second has nothing to do with him heating his body but luffy's being a rubber man compresses his body inturn allowing his blood to rappodly pumped through his body making him faster and stronger because he is made of rubber his internal organs can strech and keep up with faster moving blood flow if he wasn't the would explode on the strain and stress of pumping his blood so fast.

    Even though you have a better understanding of let's say crocs sand I don't think its possibble for crocs sand to evolve past being hard or soft look at how long some of these logia type useres have had their abilities especially the admirals don't you think that after all those years they would try to train them Selves and become stronger I'm sure they are at their strongest and have so far shown no difference from the basic logia qualities
    DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE!!!
    doflamingo
    THE DREAMS OF MEN... NEVER END! AM I RIGHT?

    Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    You seem to believe, that OP is some shit like Bleach and that the main guy will just pull something out of his ass and beat the enemy no matter who he is.And you're damn wrong in viewing it that way.

  3. #13
    ɹǝʎʍɐן Я I Hand Banana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hall of fame
    Posts
    5,359
    Quote Originally Posted by gaza-pirate View Post
    u are wrong my friend luffy's gear second has nothing to do with him heating his body but luffy's being a rubber man compresses his body inturn allowing his blood to rappodly pumped through his body making him faster and stronger because he is made of rubber his internal organs can strech and keep up with faster moving blood flow if he wasn't the would explode on the strain and stress of pumping his blood so fast.

    Even though you have a better understanding of let's say crocs sand I don't think its possibble for crocs sand to evolve past being hard or soft look at how long some of these logia type useres have had their abilities especially the admirals don't you think that after all those years they would try to train them Selves and become stronger I'm sure they are at their strongest and have so far shown no difference from the basic logia qualities
    When you increase your blood flow that dramatically your body heats up. Why do you think the steam is coming off his body?

    Your next paragraph makes no sense. The more sand Croc compresses, the harder it becomes. As far as the Captains go we still haven't seen much out of them. So its not a safe bet to judge their powers just yet.

  4. #14
    Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    4,845
    It's not the power that evolves, its the user. It's still the same fruit with the same power.

    @hb and Gaza

    Gear 2 is made possible by both the fact that his rubber can absorb the heat the body generates as a result of rapidly intense movements and bloodflow, and for the fact that his organs can expand beyond the normal size, so that repeated stretching doesn't rip his body to shreds. The rubber serves 2 purposes.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

  5. #15
    Veteran Member Himura Battousai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Im trapped in Kakashis Kamui jutsu with Deidaras arm
    Posts
    1,481
    Well ill be damned.

  6. #16
    Full Member gaza-pirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unknown Island in the New World
    Posts
    252

    One Piece

    Quote Originally Posted by Stev3child View Post
    Gear 2 is made possible by both the fact that his rubber can absorb the heat the body generates as a result of rapidl intense movements and bloodflow, and for the fact that his organs can expand beyond the normal size, so that repeated stretching doesn't rip his body to shreds. The rubber serves 2 purposes.
    LOL I guess hb and I were both right in this case

    @ hb yes crocs sand gets more dense but he will reach a point were it can Only be so dense. In lufffs case he realized well hey I'm a rubber dude and I need to advance from my current state for the sake of my nakama what will happen if I push myself beyond normal limits and wala you have the gears.Crocs being a logia won't evolve but just get stronger his moves will remain the same he'll just do more damage they won't change in appearance

    As for luffy u can see a drastic change in both hence my beliefs that they can evolve beyond their normal state
    in the OP world most people view paramecia as lame especially logia users an thus may be proven wrong by some of them evolving past normal expectations!
    P.S i never said that logia and zoan can't evolve its just that no one expects paramecia to evolve hence the reason I said "hidden" plus paramecia is what the thread is about
    Last edited by gaza-pirate; 08-08-2010 at 09:41 PM.
    DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE!!!
    doflamingo
    THE DREAMS OF MEN... NEVER END! AM I RIGHT?

    Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    You seem to believe, that OP is some shit like Bleach and that the main guy will just pull something out of his ass and beat the enemy no matter who he is.And you're damn wrong in viewing it that way.

  7. #17
    The Wise One shadowfox87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,569
    Heat is an effect from the increased blood flow b/c of increased kinetic energy, but it is not the reason for Luffy's power-up. Yes, this is why he's got steam coming out, but it's not like the steam helps him. Maybe he can use it for camouflage later lol. The cause of this effect is increased blood flow - which is the reason his body has more power, speed, etc. That is, unless you're the Human Torch, heating up your body will do nothing except make you feel less comfortable. As for rubber serving as an insulator, yes that does help his internal body temp, but every insulator has a limit. Even rubber, if put enough heat/electricity will fry, which is why the fight b/w Enel vs Luffy made no sense scientifically.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

  8. #18
    Regular Member icpt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    160
    What fruit is chopper? his fruit has hidden abilities -monster. i only think the balls he take help him get to that state, but its really the fruit all the time.
    In the world of the blind, the one eyed man is KING!

  9. #19
    Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    4,845
    Quote Originally Posted by gaza-pirate View Post
    LOL I guess hb and I were both right in this case

    @ hb yes crocs sand gets more dense but he will reach a point were it can Only be so dense. In lufffs case he realized well hey I'm a rubber dude and I need to advance from my current state for the sake of my nakama what will happen if I push myself beyond normal limits and wala you have the gears.Crocs being a logia won't evolve but just get stronger his moves will remain the same he'll just do more damage they won't change in appearance

    As for luffy u can see a drastic change in both hence my beliefs that they can evolve beyond their normal state
    in the OP world most people view paramecia as lame especially logia users an thus may be proven wrong by some of them evolving past normal expectations!
    P.S i never said that logia and zoan can't evolve its just that no one expects paramecia to evolve hence the reason I said "hidden" plus paramecia is what the thread is about
    Again you are overlooking the fact that the fruit powers remain exactly the same as they were before. It isn't the devil fruit that evolves. Luffy's gomu gomu fruit is still the same with no added effects. He transformed his own body. His devil fruit only played a passive role. It allowed his evolution to be possible. But the fruit itself did not evolve nor did it evolve him more so than its original effects.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

  10. #20
    Senior Member Afro Thunda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfield, CA
    Posts
    6,813
    So by 'evolve', you really just mean that the DF user finds some innovative way to use their DF to make it's basic abilities stronger or more effective (like Luffy's gears)?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •