10 23.26%
  • C

5 11.63%
  • D

1 2.33%
  • F

0 0%
Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    Yeah, i also don't like the idea of using time skip,but if it's Oda, it'll be perfectly epic (i already say this but who care)

King Dingaling Muddafuher One Piece's Avatar
    I know you guys don't like the time skip, but that theory made so much sense after seeing his arm blown up.

The ink on his arm which had 3D crossed out since he said meet up in 3 days but that obviously didn't happpen and then he 2Y underneath which means meet up in 2 years

Click to get your very own:Superrr~ Cross777 repellent^

There's a saying in the OP forums which goes like this..."If a new unidentified character is wearing a hat, he must be Sabo!"...Yeah, take that Obitio/Tobi/Madara theorists!

Spoiler!

well It is in fact and intersting theory, but I think if the tatoo was that important Oda will focus more in it, but the tatoo isn't show clearly I'm not even sure if in fact appears the
    3D2Y that you said

but like I said before until that wasn't a fact i'm not gonna lose the hope that Oda didn't makes a Time Skip

I'm not sure either that is what the tattoo said..but if that a message Luffy did to alert his crews, don't you think someone will know if that thing being show directly???think about that

Quote Originally Posted by kareem_pin169 View Post
    I'm not sure either that is what the tattoo said..but if that a message Luffy did to alert his crews, don't you think someone will know if that thing being show directly???think about that
    Well you have a point here

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraviolet View Post
    Lol, I'm thinking that he wants a navy ship b/c it just a definite step up from his crappy raft thing.
    That's what I love about BB you can never know with him if he's reacting in smart way or simple way. Last chapter was perfect example when he ran from Akainu will never know if he was cleverly thinking it through or just being simple-minded takes the easy route to running.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey D. Luffy Fan View Post
    I am sorry I don't want a time skip, I will admit it seems one is coming but PLEASE NO. I am kinda thinking though that maybe Oda is trying to make us think that one is coming when one really is not coming. I think it would be epic to see think one is coming and ban there is not one.
    Why can't cross be like you? I also think the time-skip still has a chance of not happening BUT he faked us already so is like 50/50 he might fake us again.

Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    UMMMM sorry newbie but the point is oda can power them up with out a time skip. a time skip is unnecessary and uncreative and oda can do better we see how oda is doing it and the way he is doing it by jumping around is just fine. jump on the lame time skip band wagon if you want but i did not jump on it the last time or the time B4 that, so im not starting now. oda would never ruin one piece like naruto was and a few others .
    Don't bash on a newcomer who disagree's with you, you don't see any of the one's favoring the time-skip bashing on the newcomer that agrees with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulley View Post
    I know I would, honestly my thoughts on this topic is it's Oda and out of all the Manga/Anime's I've read/watched Oda has probably been one of the most unpredictable creators I've seen. I feel whatever he decides to do will be perfectly done and make us readers happy.
    All of you should READ what Gulley said (comment above this), both the time-skip haters and the no time-skip haters!!

Alright with that said just got to clear this up with cross...."jumping the time line" is not a differentiation to use for "time-skip". In the story if time is passed by from "jumping" from one day to a week or months or years. That's exactly a time-skip the length doesn't matter. And if time is not skipped or jumped then were just regularly following the story how it's been. I'm guessing your trying to use the "jump" idea as a loophole since you been clearly stating "There will NOT be a time-skip" just because you don't favor it. I didn't like Moria when I read chapter Daflamingo was screwing him over I was riled up with joy but I didn't start stating Moria will NOT come back. For the record time-skip is not off topic is actually one of major key points from the last chapter since it now has a high chance of happening. Giving the reason why so many discussing against it and defending it, I see no wrong on either side. If you want more people to jump on your side of the "band wagon" you shouldn't be addressing it childishly. Saying it's unnecessary, story killer, uncreative just showing you yourself dislike it and bashing it close-minded seeing the glass half empty.

Time-skip is a good way to show the story especially how it is now, it's not a story killer it will not extinguish the blazing fire one piece been rolling with for the pass several arcs (it makes no sense what so ever in the first place the author himself putting down the story). We are being shown the current happenings/motives in the grand line right now of different characters. Whether it be a 2-3month or 1-2 year time-skip we will see what the outcome is and what was really happening behind the close curtains. A time-skip is not uncreative just because it's been used before, is actually more creative because has endless possibilities to move, show, change, interact with the whole story. It's not unnecessary either, we been shown what happen to them at SA this will benefit them in more ways then 1. Which was clearly shown last chapter.

As for my opinions I favor a time-skip for the character development, especially new looks for certain someone ......Usopp! Want to see him look bad*ss with dreadlocks like his dad. And Franky with more cyborg-like features. The major reason I favor time-skip is because I do not want to read a whole arc on f*cking training. If the story move's along on how it has been I can careless if he does time-skip or not. Also my thoughts on the naruto time-skip I think it wasn't that bad they was little brats then jumped to teenage hood. Reason why I hated it, because it just became the retarded focus of Naruto and Sasuke. But then again I don't look to in depth with naruto since it's not worth the time I'm sure someone can explain many other reasons better.
    Last edited by FenixMarco; 08-06-2010 at 12:36 PM.

I'd like a timeskip, but spread out through 10 chapters. Like FFL said above me, jumping along the timeline.

Each chapter tells the story of 2 members for their first half of the training (the hard part). From week 6 on the last half of their training (the part thei are showing they are becoming masters).

Sure, it might seem long, but imo its a good way of telling it. I prefer slow chapters now to evolve characters instead of jumping to a new adventure arc and have to read flashbacks from the training interupting the arc itself. But that's just me.
    In the world of the blind, the one eyed man is KING!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Seeing as she can control her age, she might even be Akainu's ex-wife or even his mother. She could even be from the void century!
    I was actually planning on writing a theory about that. But I haven't had time to get to it. Bonnys age manipulation makes her unbeliavable old I think. And if she is that old, she has valuable information that can hurt the WG (look below).

In my opinion the WG is really the bad guys in OP. That's why they destroyed Raftel (?) and the world that was before a long time ago was forgotten. Remember how history is written by the victorious side?

Not saying the admirals and marines are bad, they just think they are working for the better side, while all they are really doing is help out the WG to supress the people in a way.

This is what Dragon I believe has discovered, but need Robins help to work out better... There is a much bigger picture to this than just Luffy becoming the Pirate King and finding One Piece

I'll write in a week or two with 'proof' to support my theory, as I'll have more time to dig into the story again
    Last edited by icpt; 08-06-2010 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Forgot to add stuff about Bonney
    In the world of the blind, the one eyed man is KING!

hey kiddos! what makes you know Oda too much saying that he will never do this and he will never do that. Just you wait and see, for now let us just enjoy what the weekly release has to show us, I see no point on arguing too much about that "Time Skip" thing, no one will never win in that debate. Respect every members point of view, dont just bash on someone knowing that he/she didn't agree on your side. Learn to respect someone so that they will respect you too. Ok, Ive gone too far.

-Akira Toriyama
    What's up Motherf*ckers?!...

Quote Originally Posted by icpt View Post
    I was actually planning on writing a theory about that. But I haven't had time to get to it. Bonnys age manipulation makes her unbeliavable old I think. And if she is that old, she has valuable information that can hurt the WG (look below).

In my opinion the WG is really the bad guys in OP. That's why they destroyed Raftel (?) and the world that was before a long time ago was forgotten. Remember how history is written by the victorious side?

Not saying the admirals and marines are bad, they just think they are working for the better side, while all they are really doing is help out the WG to supress the people in a way.

This is what Dragon I believe has discovered, but need Robins help to work out better... There is a much bigger picture to this than just Luffy becoming the Pirate King and finding One Piece

I'll write in a week or two with 'proof' to support my theory, as I'll have more time to dig into the story again
    Well said! It's a shame a lot of people don't see how this whole story is unraveling, bits of pieces of a puzzle hinted on and trying to be put together into "one piece". But then again it's good we don't get all the stupid people realizing how good one piece is or the forums would turn into the naruto/bleach ones.

What Naruto mom last chakra faded away?! What's going to happen on the next chapter omg I can't wait?!! Naruto is sad because his mom faded away?!! I would had never seen that coming !!

If one piece was anything BUT unpredictable heh.