Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Neji uses Nin-taijutsu, as others have stated. Since he's controlling chakra very precisely, he's skilled in ninjutsu. He just doesn't incorporate other forms of ninjutsu (elemental, spacial) into his style much.

Raikage also uses Nin-taijutsu, with less precise control and more power. He enhances his physical abilities using an elemental technique that apparently augments the amount and nature of the chakra he puts into his physical attacks, changing them into high-chakra lightning-style attacks.

Sage Mode is an even higher level jutsu, and utilizes natural energy (which is very difficult to balance and synchronize with the user, far moreso than elemental or basic chakra). It augments not only his physical attacks and attributes, but gives him a boost in actual chakra, increases the power of his ninjutsu, and provides additional senses. The skill necessary to achieve Sage Mode is off the charts.

Naruto may not have much in the way of jutsu, but he certainly has an eye for quality, and only takes the best of the best.

Rasengan is a powerful close-range attack, not only due to its power, but also due to the quickness and efficiency with which it can strike. He can use two Rasengans at a time to add even more damage. It's power also increases in direct proportion to the amount of chakra packed into it; not too shabby for a person who can enter Kyuubi/Sage Mode. It turns an A-rank jutsu into S-rank damage.

Rasenshuriken is a very effective long-range technique. It's power and range of damage exceed almost every ranged attack we've seen. It requires several Kagebunshins to set up, but that's not much more start-up time than most powerful ranged attacks in this manga.

Kagebunshin is perfect for Naruto, because it grows up with him. It's simply his own skill, his own strength, and his own cleverness; as these increase, so does the versatility of Kagebunshin. What started out as a way to turn Sexy Jutsu into Harem Jutsu has become a way to send two-hundred Giant Sage Rasengans at the Kyuubi, or create a battlefield of clones transformed into rocks, or catch blades, or refresh Sage Mode, or train exponentially faster than his peers. It's as strong as Naruto, which at this point makes it one of the most powerful jutsu out there.

Summoning Jutsu is almost unnecessary for Naruto at this point, since his opponents are too strong for his frogs to handle. He could use it creatively like Jiraiya, but those tricks are still probably too weak; Jiraiya himself is far beneath the current level of Sasuke/Naruto/Kabuto/Tobimadara/etc. The only thing worth learning to summon right now is Himself (through Hiraishin). I mean, Kabuto can summon the whole Akatsuki, so summoning toads isn't really going to measure up.

Ask yourselves: Could Naruto really benefit from learning some B-rank wind ninjutsu? Will these help him defeat foes like Pain, or break through Susano'o, or dodge Amaterasu, or take down the Kyuubi? Because he's been really busy developing massive wind-style techniques too difficult for even Yondaime to master, and perfecting Sage Mode to a level higher than Jiraiya, and becoming the greatest Jinchuuriki since the Rikudou himself. I'm sure he'd feel pretty dumb if you told him "You forgot Danzou's wind blades!", he thought he'd had it all figured out.

Undeserving of a Five in Ninjutsu indeed!

Riln..

I would only suggest him learning a few new b-rank wind jutsu so he can do what he does with other jutsu.. tailor them to fit his style. Wind chakra covering his hands/feet to amplify damage done using taijutsu would be perfect for him

or straight up wind chakra shuriken (of varied sizes and amounts based on how much chakra he pumps into the jutsu and what he's trying to do.. Example.. lots of little ones for taking out a lot of foes at once) would give him that mid range elemental attack that would throw people off (as they expect him to be in your face spamming rasengan or out of the way for the Sage mode thrown FRS)

as far as summoning, your right. the only thing worth summoning right now is himself via the FTG. and after that, only his second elemental affinity remains
    come fight my brute here

Quote Originally Posted by Titokhan View Post
    Riln..

I would only suggest him learning a few new b-rank wind jutsu so he can do what he does with other jutsu.. tailor them to fit his style. Wind chakra covering his hands/feet to amplify damage done using taijutsu would be perfect for him

or straight up wind chakra shuriken (of varied sizes and amounts based on how much chakra he pumps into the jutsu and what he's trying to do.. Example.. lots of little ones for taking out a lot of foes at once) would give him that mid range elemental attack that would throw people off (as they expect him to be in your face spamming rasengan or out of the way for the Sage mode thrown FRS)

as far as summoning, your right. the only thing worth summoning right now is himself via the FTG. and after that, only his second elemental affinity remains

I think the spinning aspect of his Fuuton: Rasenshuriken comes from the Rasengan at its core, not the wind. The wind just forms the blades, which spin around the Rasengan.

That's my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    Its more like Nintaijutsu like the Raikage's Raiton Armor style. Its not based so much on hand seals but on the special gentle fist style only Hyuuga's use.
    again even if you were to ignore the fact that it clearly states taijutsu in the description and not ninjutsu the move still seems like mostly rooted in taijutsu. Of course most taijutsu actually use chakra in some way to bost their ninjutsu including Rock Lee. Even though he is famous for being weak in the ninjutsu department. Or what about the taijutsu masters who use their natural chakra to make to thwow bigger punches. By your logic every Hyuuga would automaticaly be utilising ninjutsu rather than Taijutsu as they release chakra from their hand.

I get what u r tring to say. There a tenous element of ninjutsu in the Hyuaga taijutsu. But then again by that logic almost every form of taijutsu we see in naruto would be rooted in ninjutsu, from high speed body movements that don't use Shunshin jutsu, to opening the gates which release both chakra and physical strength, something Rock lee can do despite being a sucker for ninjutu.

Therefore my point still stands that Neji has by no means displayed sufficient ninjutsu (if any) to merit a 4, and an equal rating as naruto.
    And i'll leave u with an interesting thought. Hinabi and hinata can also practice the gentle fist technique that neji can, and Hinata's release of chakra needles seems a more impressive and sophisticated form of ninjutsu that neji's. Therefore if u think the gentle fist TAIJUTSU is a suffiecient enough display of ninjutsu to give neji an Equal ninjutsu rank as Naruto which is a 4, then by your logic Hinabi and Hinata should also get a 4 especially Hinata (as the ninjutsu aspect of her gentle fist is arguably more impressive even though Neji is clearly superior at taijutsu and in general). I don't think this logic holds water.

U could make a case that gentle fist has some element of ninjutsu. But this is based of very lose association with a lot of degrees of seperation. It is similar to saying that everyone we see around us is technically our brother sister or cousin. Or it is the same as saying u drink the same water as the Queen of Spain because when she drinks waters, she pee's it out, it evapourates, and mixes in the atmosphere and comes back down as rain that goes into lakes and resevoirs.

Your logic is essentially similar to saying that all taijutsu sin one form or another use ninjutsu. By your logic we chould also classify genjutsu as ninjutu as well. Afterall does it not involve the manipulation of chakra in some form. Whilst this can be technically true it is based on an absurd application of degrees of seperation. Therefore I would admit that u are technicaly correct in saying that gentle fist palm is in some way ninjuts, whilst I will also admit however taht your logic is based on what seems like an an absurd use of the degrees of seperations rule.

However I do see wat u are trying to say clearly. Neji's use of taijutsu, could under the most tenous of circumstances be described as having ninjutsu. This would not be the first time. A lot of taijutsu are rooted heavily in ninjutsu, In fact Raikage's is called a nin tai expert by eith Sho? or C? (cloud ninja). Raikage's fighting relies heavily on ninjutsu and taijutsu centred aroung his lightning armour. However I thought the example u gave of trying to compare neji's taijutsi to raikage's ninjutsu was not a very good example as Raikage's fighting style and the level of ninjutsu his armour displays is a very very far cry from neji's use of taijutsu and spitting out chakra form his hands which can be considered ninjutsu in the very loosest of terms. Anway I hope u r not suggesting that this is Enough to merit Neji an equal ninjutsu rating as neji which was the point I was actually to make in the first place.

In any case I actually already emphasised in my previous post that even if Neji has desplayed ninjutsu-unde the most tenous definition of the word, ythis clearly isn't enough to merit his ninjutsu stats being equal to naruto based on what they have both displayed (again I use the word displayed).

Finally even if we were to ignore the fact that the gentle fist technique is clearly listed as a tiajutsu in the link u provided, and admit that the gentle fist is actually actually rooted in ninjutsu....
    ....I hope u are not suggesting that Neji's use of the gentle fist is enough of a display of ninjutsu to actaully merit him an equal rating as Naruto in nenjutsu which is a 4.

No matter which we u look at it this simply isn't a case. Therefore I repeat once again that neji may have ninjutsu worthy of an equal rating as naruto, however he has not displayed this.

In conclusion POW, I don't know wether u are disagreeing:

(A) The notion that Neji has not displayed any ninjutsu,

(B) The notion that even if Neji has displayed ninjutsu under the losest of terms, (after severall degrees of seperation) that the ninjutsu he has displayed does not merit an equal rating with Naruto and a statistic of 4 in the ninjutsu department.

Do u disagree with both Notions A and B. Or do u simply disagree with notion A.
    PS sorry for the grammar and epicness of the post.

The Gentle Fist is nin/taijutsu. It attacks with physical attacks and a taijutsu fighting style, but augments the attacks with ninjutsu. That ninjutsu requires very precise chakra control, as the whole base of the style is pinpoint attacks on the chakra network using one's own chakra attacks.

Neji's mastery of this, as in his control of his chakra/ninjutsu skills, is very high. While he's not doing anything complex enough or diverse enough to merit a 5 in Ninjutsu, he's above and beyond his peers in that respect. The jutsu he uses are actually more complex, and require greater skill, than those of Skikamaru, Kiba, etc.

Think about Tsunade... all of her attacks are the same as Neji's, using chakra control and physical attacks. The difference is she uses power punches with her aggressive chakra manipulation, rather than the Gentle Fist, as she cannot see the chakra network to begin with. She also uses medical ninjutsu in battle, attacking the opponent's organs or nerves. It's almost identical to what Neji does.

Naruto's own fighting style is only slightly more ninjutsu-intensive than Neji's, as his chakra augmentations (Sage/Kyuubi) are more complex/potent than the Gentle Fist, his chakra-based physical attacks (Rasengan) require a greater degree of chakra manipulation. His supplementary jutsu (Rasenshuriken, Kagebunshin, Summons) are more in line with traditional ninjutsu, as well. Still, at his core, Naruto is also a physical brawler, and tends to use mostly taijutsu in conjunction with Rasengan/Kagebunshin combos. He's just relies more on Ninjutsu for his close-range combat, and is more versatile.

The fact that Neji uses chakra-based physical attacks to create complex attacks such as ranged punches and barriers shows a high mastery of jutsu. It's easily going beyond simple taijutsu. The only pure taijutsu is when Rock Lee uses ultra-strong kicks, or Zabuza swings his sword, or the Raikage uses body slams (even if he's using ninjutsu to boost his speed/strength). If you're using nearly powerless physical attacks to inflict major damage through pinpoint chakra control, the bulk of the work is being done through ninjutsu. The only real taijutsu Neji uses is the dodging/block/carrying out of the attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    The Gentle Fist is nin/taijutsu. It attacks with physical attacks and a taijutsu fighting style, but augments the attacks with ninjutsu. That ninjutsu requires very precise chakra control, as the whole base of the style is pinpoint attacks on the chakra network using one's own chakra attacks.

Neji's mastery of this, as in his control of his chakra/ninjutsu skills, is very high. While he's not doing anything complex enough or diverse enough to merit a 5 in Ninjutsu, he's above and beyond his peers in that respect. The jutsu he uses are actually more complex, and require greater skill, than those of Skikamaru, Kiba, etc.

Think about Tsunade... all of her attacks are the same as Neji's, using chakra control and physical attacks. The difference is she uses power punches with her aggressive chakra manipulation, rather than the Gentle Fist, as she cannot see the chakra network to begin with. She also uses medical ninjutsu in battle, attacking the opponent's organs or nerves. It's almost identical to what Neji does.

Naruto's own fighting style is only slightly more ninjutsu-intensive than Neji's, as his chakra augmentations (Sage/Kyuubi) are more complex/potent than the Gentle Fist, his chakra-based physical attacks (Rasengan) require a greater degree of chakra manipulation. His supplementary jutsu (Rasenshuriken, Kagebunshin, Summons) are more in line with traditional ninjutsu, as well. Still, at his core, Naruto is also a physical brawler, and tends to use mostly taijutsu in conjunction with Rasengan/Kagebunshin combos. He's just relies more on Ninjutsu for his close-range combat, and is more versatile.

The fact that Neji uses chakra-based physical attacks to create complex attacks such as ranged punches and barriers shows a high mastery of jutsu. It's easily going beyond simple taijutsu. The only pure taijutsu is when Rock Lee uses ultra-strong kicks, or Zabuza swings his sword, or the Raikage uses body slams (even if he's using ninjutsu to boost his speed/strength). If you're using nearly powerless physical attacks to inflict major damage through pinpoint chakra control, the bulk of the work is being done through ninjutsu. The only real taijutsu Neji uses is the dodging/block/carrying out of the attacks.
    I see your point, but i'm satisfied with my above post. I'll scribble down more wen i have time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post

@atriede

Basically what he says here is what I'm saying.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you