Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

OneManga removing Manga.

Well if you didn't heard already well I just found out this morning, but for all you people that read manga (that includes myself) on Onemanga they will start removing all manga content from their site. Why you may ask? Well in their words, "Manga publishers have recently changed their stance on manga scanlations and made it clear that they no longer approve of it.We have decided to abide by their wishes, and remove all manga content (regardless of licensing status) from the site." Didn't see this one coming at all but I can understand why there doing it. But Onemanga isn't the first to site to do so, Mangahelpers and MangaToshokan have both remove all manga from their site. So if you want to get your manga fix, especially manga's you haven't read in a long time, from OneManga one last time do so now before they remove everything. Oh one more thing, they will still have their forums up so you can get the lastest spoilers and such. We get our fix of Naruto/Bleach/OnePiece from Mangastream but other manga from we will have to do some searching. But this so sucks though, know I have to find somewhere else to get my Reborn! fix.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

I just found out too. I have used One Manga as a quick reference when searching for information from past episodes.

If the publishers think they'll make money from this, I think not.

Anyway, I have personally decided not to spend this much time on Mangas once the current Naruto and Bleach arcs end.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by Jaiden View Post
    Well if you didn't heard already well I just found out this morning, but for all you people that read manga (that includes myself) on Onemanga they will start removing all manga content from their site. Why you may ask? Well in their words, "Manga publishers have recently changed their stance on manga scanlations and made it clear that they no longer approve of it.We have decided to abide by their wishes, and remove all manga content (regardless of licensing status) from the site." Didn't see this one coming at all but I can understand why there doing it. But Onemanga isn't the first to site to do so, Mangahelpers and MangaToshokan have both remove all manga from their site. So if you want to get your manga fix, especially manga's you haven't read in a long time, from OneManga one last time do so now before they remove everything. Oh one more thing, they will still have their forums up so you can get the lastest spoilers and such. We get our fix of Naruto/Bleach/OnePiece from Mangastream but other manga from we will have to do some searching. But this so sucks though, know I have to find somewhere else to get my Reborn! fix.
    Once mangaupdates dissapears things might get a little harder. And if that happens IRC will be the place to go to. Bots will rise by a lot in numbers probably. And I'm pretty sure someone will make a more advanced release archive like mangaupdates in some irc channel. The bot in the mangaupdates channel only shows new releases once they're added on their website.

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaiden View Post
    Heh. You really didn't see it coming? I'm surprised it took this long for them to shut down. This is the time to get manga from the scanlators (my preferred method). If you want Reborn, check IEatSoul every Thursday.

As Jinoh says, irc will be the ideal place for distributing manga as other 'key' sites shut down. MT and MF have already removed quite a number of titles. Tch
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

Quote Originally Posted by Jinoh View Post
    Once mangaupdates dissapears things might get a little harder. And if that happens IRC will be the place to go to. Bots will rise by a lot in numbers probably. And I'm pretty sure someone will make a more advanced release archive like mangaupdates in some irc channel. The bot in the mangaupdates channel only shows new releases once they're added on their website.
    Guess I'm gonna have to learn some new stuff (IRC) or get a friend to assist. I have an IRC phobia. Ultimately I do think I'll find some other distractions besides Mangas once my current favs end.

Things have sure changed from the wild and woolly DBZ days.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

is this a nightmare? i have no idea which channel i can find a manga in irc..i hope torrent can provide a DL..

Decidedly Undecided
    Wait, WHAT?! Where am I gonna find my Rosario+Vampire II releases now?!?!

(sig by Cross)

my deviantart page...:http://hagane90.deviantart.com/
    Note, I have no real drawing talent, so it'll be mostly literature.

Proud Grammar Nazi

Haruhi Suzumiya's Butler Xoraan14's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagane, the Ice Nomad View Post
    Wait, WHAT?! Where am I gonna find my Rosario+Vampire II releases now?!?!
    You're probably going to have to google the name of the scanlation group(I think it was Franky House) and then search their site for the appropriate release.

This applies for any release of any manga actually...

Member of:۞ The Empire ۞

You know if it weren't for easy manga releases, I don't believe I would have ever gotten into manga as much as I have over the years.

Stopping the easy flow of manga may make authors more money. But it's not going to increase the popularity to any said manga.

they stoped seling mangas here and one manga was the site i continued on reading my favorit mangas.
    its sad that they remove all the mangas now :(