Luffy for President! Drago Musevini's Avatar

Picking up a new manga mayby?

Welcome ladies and gentelman to the first post of the night. In the left corner is the question: what Fairy Tail is about with its coach is it any good?
    In the right corner: well it's empty right now, sorry.

But seriously, I was scouting on Mangastream and came across this picture:

... obviouslly she's hot hence the question: is Fairy Tail worth picking up? Whats the plot; is it more shounen or .. the one for gays.. i mean girls.

If you like One Piece, you'll like this. Because they look exactly the same.

Hey Drago, you might be interested in taking a look at these threads for more info:
    http://www.mangashare.com/forums/showthread.php?t=457
    http://www.mangashare.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13221

I don't think it's really worth picking. Yeah, you got a formidable One Piece's Luffy-like main character, and some great friends of him; but the story is crap, just like Dragon Ball's: one bad bad bad guy comes to town, they beat him; one bad bad bad bad guy comes then, even stronger, they beat him, etc.

I'd recommend you to check out Monster Hunter Orage, it's a really short manga by same author, but more adventure-filled and with the same kind of characters. Do not start reading Fairy Tail if you have other choices, there are tons of other mangas out there way better.