Computer and Tech Problems and Solution Thread

The Purpose of this Thread is to provide a place where members may raise issues and ask for helps solving tech related problems.

This is NOT a place to post Newly found Wows, nor is it meant to probe future Tech. Post here only if you have a Tech and Computer problem that you need help solving.

I can for see where if this thread becomes really successful, repetitions might then tend to occur. In that case, anyone noticing repetitions could best help by pointing to the place where the question was previously asked.

Flamings and Put-Downs are strongly discouraged. Yeah I know that some questions might be rather lame, but let's recognize that we are not all on the same level in Tech experience, age, or maturity. Let's try to help others if we can.

Thanks.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    I have had to watch the live stream Using IE8, Now that's OK since I don't hate IE8 or MSFt.

Problem is that FF is my preferred Browser and It Just won't work with the MP11 plugin.

Q) Has anyone actually resolved this annoyance?

I Have FF3.6.6
    I Installed as administrator.
    Have Windows Vista, and it's completely up-to-date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigunflame View Post
    This plugin Should be all that is required for it to work. If not, than something else is the issue.
    http://port25.technet.com/pages/wind...-download.aspx
    TF,

I have struggled with FF and Mediaplayer issues for years, and have found many an inference to the same problem on the internet. Also I have been to the website you pointed to, and run the plugin as Administrator.

Any other ideas are more than welcome.

Trigunflame The Computer Guy

Has a nice ring to it, lol. Good thread idea Bee. We need to make use of Trigun's immense expertise.

Here's my question, any1 know how to make a windows 7 live cd? Simplest steps possible. I have to retrieve data off of the old computer harddrive which had viruses and shit, and not enough space to even reinstall windows xp. I tried to look into xp live cds before, but the process was a bit complicated. I need something that can just login using a cd, (can't do usb since boot doesn't allowe it), and move the files that way. Help.

RS,

There are other ways to retrieve your data without doing a Windows 7 live CD. Can you tell me what Kind of Hard Drive your data is on?

Most External USB drives have an ordinary Hard drive inside them. If you can (carefully) crack open an old external USB drive, and then swap the Hard drive you want to get your data from ith the one inside, you will be able to accomplish what you want easily.

You could also clean out the viruses by scanning the external drive you've now made with a top virus cleaner. This way you could get you old computer back up and running to boot.

Finally you could make a Linux Live CD linux live CDs are available for download on the WEB. Some Linuxes will happily read and copy windows files. My problem with linux is that I can't find a distro that sees windows drives and networks, and can read/write to them without me knowing any Linuxese.

Quote Originally Posted by ·Rokudaime Sennin· ™ View Post
    Trigunflame The Computer Guy

Has a nice ring to it, lol. Good thread idea Bee. We need to make use of Trigun's immense expertise.

Here's my question, any1 know how to make a windows 7 live cd? Simplest steps possible. I have to retrieve data off of the old computer harddrive which had viruses and shit, and not enough space to even reinstall windows xp. I tried to look into xp live cds before, but the process was a bit complicated. I need something that can just login using a cd, (can't do usb since boot doesn't allowe it), and move the files that way. Help.
    http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-cr...dvd-of-vistaxp

it ahould work for Win 7 too.

I have a question:

I'm on Google Chrome and the problem is the images don't load correctly. Even if I hit refresh, the images are still X or half loaded. Is there something I can tweak to correct this? I don't really want to give up Google Chrome because I've gotten used to it already.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree56 View Post
    I have a question:

I'm on Google Chrome and the problem is the images don't load correctly. Even if I hit refresh, the images are still X or half loaded. Is there something I can tweak to correct this? I don't really want to give up Google Chrome because I've gotten used to it already.

1) What version of chrome are you using?
    2) Can you put up a link to the images, I haven't had chrome issues yet. I'd like to try it on my PC and see what happens.