View Poll Results: Rate The Chapter!

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • |5| Excellent

    82 78.10%
  • |4| Good

    12 11.43%
  • |3| Average

    7 6.67%
  • |2| Bad

    0 0%
  • |1| Terrible

    4 3.81%
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 288
  1. #191
    Heroes Don't Hav Red Eyes Immortal-JyNxX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,827
    Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    It truly shows the limit to his power, if already teleporting by kunais wasn't limit enough. He's truly fast, all that happened in matter of split seconds. Nothing more to it really. Minato is only human of course, so anyone could get hurt. Come on man, what happened to you cuddling with his jog strap.
    Quote Originally Posted by ·Rokudaime Sennin· ™ View Post
    I think you totally misunderstood his post. He was only asking how could people miss such a thing when reading. I kinda agree, especially when the complaints start flying before they even understand the chapter. (yes I'm looking at you Trigun ) Immortal's still stuck to Minato's jockstrap, so no change there.

    oh yea, Minato is definitely a BAMF. I just love the fact that each hokage has done so much for the village in their own ways.
    Perfect, exactly how I would have replied.. BTW Juice, there is no limit to awesome. and Awesome = Minato..
    I'm right so if you have another opinion about anything you're wrong!! ...Well unless you said Karin would live or Sasuke will take Itachi's eyes lol!

    Phixion loves to delete my "witty" post..

  2. #192
    Beer and Music
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Posts
    4,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal-JyNxX View Post
    Perfect, exactly how I would have replied.. BTW Juice, there is no limit to awesome. and Awesome = Minato..
    Well, i didn't misunderstand your post, I was just making more "sense" of it, that's all.
    And dude, of course Minato is awesome, his stare can get an female pregnant.

  3. #193
    Heroes Don't Hav Red Eyes Immortal-JyNxX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,827
    Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    Well, i didn't misunderstand your post, I was just making more "sense" of it, that's all.
    And dude, of course Minato is awesome, his stare can get an female pregnant.
    PREGNANT
    I'm right so if you have another opinion about anything you're wrong!! ...Well unless you said Karin would live or Sasuke will take Itachi's eyes lol!

    Phixion loves to delete my "witty" post..

  4. #194
    Scanlator POW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunda View Post
    Now I've heard it all. The Bijuu wreck shit up for Bijuu Independence.... And here I was thinking that Bijuu wrecked shit up for.... Well, for the sake of wrecking shit up.

    Indeed that has been the thinking but maybe this could be a bit exaggerated as well. Yea they may enjoy blowing thing up as well but the Bijuu could also be territorial and respond to mankind encroching on what they deem their land.

    As the mythos surrounding them is sort of vague only stating the bijuu would appear randomly. So the details are lost in the fog so to speak....



    Here is what the databook says:

    Credit: Translation by Shounensuki
    Bijuu:
    Ninja Information File - Bijuu (尾獣, "Tailed Beasts")
    Do they come about through the "Wrath of Heaven" or "Human Malice"!?
    The mystery of the enigma-ridden "Bijuu" is revealed here.

    Menace
    Since time immemorial, their power has brought catastrophe to the world~~

    The "Bijuu," including the "Kyuubi no Youko" sealed within the body of Naruto, are essentially demonic beasts whose sudden appearances were the turning points of entire eras and are considered natural disasters, like earthquakes or lightning. Their bodies are made up of vast amounts of chakra and their personalities are ferocious and cruel. When they begin to act violently, nothing can be done. Hitherto, there existence is a symbol of "menace".

    There are altogether nine Bijuu known. The "Ichibi" has one tail, the "Nibi" has two tails; the amount of tails is indicated by their name. Once, the Shodai had some of them in his hold. As proof of treaties and pacts, he divided them among the other countries and so brought back the balance of power. In recent years, their have scattered all over the world. Their current whereabouts are only know to a few people.





    ----------------------


    Quote Originally Posted by Stev3child View Post
    @POW

    You are right in saying Madara is the master of manipulation and control. But I firmly believe that Madara controls the Kyuubi by force, versus his more subtle and indirect method for Sasuke. I don't see how you can assert your proposition as fact, as it was not explained or demonstrated intensively how Madara controls the Kyuubi. I really think you are jumping to conclusions here(I am also guilty). The only thing we were told concerning control of the Kyuubi, was that unlocking MS gives a jutsu that allows control over the fox. No modes of control were mentioned or shown, no persuasion or any other forms of indirect control or leverage. The only thing that the manga seems to be indicating is that MS transforms the beast into a mindless tool for use at one's whim nothing more, nothing less. My problem truly lies with the blanks we are faced with more than anything POW. We can only make speculations about how this jutsu and control works. And by that token I would say both of our interpretations are far from perfect but have solid reasoning behind it. So can I go to sleep now?

    On a separate note I find it hard to believe that the world could survive years of walking hydrogen bombs scattered about free to destroy whatever they see. It would put humanity on the brink of extinction. Which is why I think its more plausible that once the 9 biju came into existence, the descendants that directly followed Rikudou, and were devout to his teachings, used his gifts to prevent widespread destruction that could push humanity to the brink of extinction. there is no reason to believe that the Rikudou's direct descendents couldn't contain the beats, with the power of Rikudou flowing through their veins. As clan conflict grew, I think the biju of this time period were constantly being sealed and unsealed, manipulated for its power for use between said rival clans. Namely the earlier iterations of the senju and the Uchiha clan.

    Considering that countries, and therefore some form of government was established before the ninja villages, there must have been some form of containment for these beasts. I don't think that these countries would sit idly by, without dealing with what would be a destructive end to their rule a long time before Shodaime came into the picture. Considering they were blessed with the tools for dealing with the biju, it must have taken priority, and must have been put to effect. To me this just makes the most sense.

    If there is any evidence of the activity of the biju directly following Rikudou's death, please bring it forth as you have the databook memorized lol. Otherwise I don't think neither of us are in the position to make claims about an unknown past(although we can debate about the likeliness of a situation).

    Firstly I would say why does it have to be one or the other as far as Tobi's control. He can use both methods the carrot and the stick to get what he wants out of the Kyuubi.

    Yes if the Kyuubi doesnt want to do something he can use his Sharingan control over it. However if the the Kyuubi wants to destroy Konoha anyways there is not much need to force it to do what it wants to do anyways.

    The thing no one is considering is the desire of the Kyuubi itself as it is an intelligent self aware being. Tobi can utilize its own desires as form of control as well same as he does with Sasuke.



    - As I said before the Bijuu where once roamed free as Top of the Food chain so to speak. The System of ninja villages ushered in by Hashrima and his ability to subdue the Bijuu is what created the Bijuu ---> Jinchuuriki frenzy that exists in the story today. Essentially the Bijuu are being exploited by the ninja villages in their quest for dominance and power over one another.

    The Bijuu didn't volunteer to be used by the shinobi they are used against their will and infused in to small children. Why do you think the Hachibi would go wild in the Cloud village every chance it could. It was trying to break free and was forced back into submission by the 3rd Raikage and his elite shinobi.

    The Bijuu are not domesticated pets they are intelligent beings that desire their own freedom but they have been caught up in the shinobi's desire for power.



    - Lastly the idea that people where able to seal Bijuu before Hashrima seems doubtful as I said otherwise they would have already been Jinchuuriki before his time. However there is a more comprehensive reason why this is so....

    The reason is simple Before Hashrima's time ninjas only worked in clans and those groups where small compared to a Ninja village which is composed of dozens of clans and thousands of shinobi. Out of all those shinobi per village how many S-class ninja do you see? At best maybe 2 - 5 S-class shinobi per village at any one time as their are exceptionally rare.


    Why do you think Akatsuki an organization made up of all S-class shinobi operates by having them work in pairs to bring down and subdue Bijuu. Its because capturing and sealing Bijuu is not something just anyone can do its incredibly dangerous only S-class shinobi can really handle.


    Small clans especially those without bloodlimits did not have the resources or enough of the high level shinobi to bring down a Bijuu. Its because of Hashrima's special powers that he was able to subdue the Bijuu and change the balance of power.


    This is why the Bijuu remained free because the Shinboi before where unorganized only working in small groups. Once the ninja villages formed large number of shinobi's clans began working together helping each other develop and raise each other's skills. These villages helped produce a number of highly skilled shinobi which in turn can be used to deal with Bijuu.


    Hence why I suspect the Kyuubi may want to destroy Konoha anyways for revenge of being imprisoned for so long and to ensure its freedom. As I said its a win win and Tobi being the master of manipulation knows how to play the angles. Its in the Kyuubi's interest to have Konoha destroyed as then thats one less ninja village trying to seal him up.


    I just use deductive reasoning its not rocket science all you have to do is look at things from the Kyuubi's POV.




    Fire type

    What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

  5. #195
    Senior Member kiduka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,567
    I'm sorry POW but this has gone on long enough!

    Minato himself confirmed that the kyuubi's every move was being controlled:
    Spoiler!

  6. #196
    Scanlator POW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,476
    Quote Originally Posted by kiduka View Post
    I'm sorry POW but this has gone on long enough!

    Minato himself confirmed that the kyuubi was being controlled:
    Spoiler!
    Are you guys not reading what I'm saying and just arguing the parts that you want.

    I know Tobi can control the fox that is not the argument the point is the Kyuubi may also have a reason to want to destroy Konoha. Its intelligent enough to know that as long as Konoha exist they may try to seal him up.


    During the actual conflict Tobi takes charge and controls the Kyuubi's actions yes. This doesn't mean the fox has no interest in wrecking the village for its own reasons thats my point.


    Fire type

    What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

  7. #197
    Senior Member kiduka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,567
    Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    Are you guys not reading what I'm saying and just arguing the parts that you want.

    I know Tobi can control the fox that is not the argument the point is the Kyuubi may also have a reason to want to destroy Konoha. Its intelligent enough to know that as long as Konoha exist they may try to seal him up.


    During the actual conflict Tobi takes charge and controls the Kyuubi's actions yes. This doesn't mean the fox has no interest in wrecking the village for its own reasons thats my point.
    Well, when you speculate without facts people tend to go the other way. Your argument is more suited in the theory section.

  8. #198
    六代目火影仙人 Rokudaime Sennin ™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Searching for a Path to one Peace!
    Posts
    4,915
    Quote Originally Posted by kiduka View Post
    Well, when you speculate without facts people tend to go the other way. Your argument is more suited in the theory section.
    wait, are you seriously implying the kyubi wouldn't have wanted to destroy konoha whether madara was controlling it or not? That's what bijuus do, they like to destroy shit. POW makes a good point, even tho it wasn't the case during the attack on konoha both times, when the fox was being controlled both times by Madara, the kyubi still would've loved to destroy konoha cause of Hashirama and uzumakis who kept him locked up worse than what Minato did all those years. Minato put him in a nice big cage, the uzumakis had it locked up with chakra chains and each tail pinned. As the kyubi said to Naruto, "I won't forget this", he remembers everything that's been done to him by both the uchihas and the senjus/uzumakis. The kyubi harbors hatred towards both clans just the same, not only cause they're controlling it in different ways, but also cause of Rikudou who made that control over the bijuus possible by splitting up the big one and creating the controlling/sealing methods. Thing is the bijuus and the uchihas goals do coincide, as they're both destroyers. That's what the jyubi was sent to accomplish, had Rikudou made that choice, he could've destroyed the world instead of saving it. The uchihas just represent the destructive part of Rikudou. Suppose Madara lets go of the control over the kyubi after taking it out of Kushina, the damn thing would've roamed around and still gone on a rampage in konoha if it was close by.

    And your forgetting one important thing, the Mangekyou control over the kyubi wouldn't last for good. It'll last as long as the genjutsu (Tsukuyomi) lasts. Which requires chakra for it to keep it going, the Mangekyou wielder is better off controlling the bijuu in intervals till the control wears off. All Madara/Tobi would have to do is take the kyubi to konoha, and let go of his control, the kyubi would've done what is in it's instinct, which is to go on a rampage and protect it self from the horde of shinobis who're trying to protect their village from it. Madara didn't have to control every single step of the kyubi, it all depends on how intense the battle is and how long it lasts.

  9. #199
    Scanlator POW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,476
    Quote Originally Posted by kiduka View Post
    Well, when you speculate without facts people tend to go the other way. Your argument is more suited in the theory section.
    Its not so much wild speculation as I'm basing it off the facts and drawing logical conclusions as we do know as Jinchuuriki where born after the ninja villages this is fact.

    Straight from the Dataook

    Weapons
    The power sought in times of war

    During the Ninja World Wars, people became fascinated by the idea of using the Bijuu's overwhelming powers as weapons... However, controlling that power wasn't easy. So to be able to manipulate that power, the Bijuu were sealed into people. Thus, the "Jinchuuriki" were born. Despite this, it seems that power still couldn't be truly controlled.

    [picture of Naruto in his Four-Tailed state powering up his chakra blast]
    →Each country has tried to use the power of the Jinchuuriki as a weapon.

    The fact that even 3rd Raikage and a group elite group shinobi could barely contain the power of the 8 tails and that it wrecked the village in the battle is also fact.

    If the an entire village made up of thousands of shinobi struggled to contain a Bijuu what chances would a small clan have.

    Hence my point the Bijuu remained unchallenged for hundreds possibly thousands of years until Hashrima came around subdued them started the trend of Ninja villages and handed them out too the other villages.

    The fact that the Bijuu want to be free is obvious is it not as the Kyuubi almost got his chance when Naruto went ape sht against Pain. The Hachibi went wild in the Cloud because it was trying to escape.


    I'm merely point out that if they want their freedom its seems logical that destroying the people trying to contain their powers is part of their desires is that really such a wild idea?


    Fire type

    What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

  10. #200
    ɹǝʎʍɐן Я I Hand Banana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hall of fame
    Posts
    5,359
    Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    I'm merely point out that if they want their freedom its seems logical that destroying the people trying to contain their powers is part of their desires is that really such a wild idea?
    Nope.



    Also is it me or does the Kyuubi looks like it be considered biped?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •