• |3| Average

10 21.74%
  • |2| Bad

3 6.52%
  • |1| Terrible

3 6.52%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post

What exactly is Isshin's relationship with SS? I don't think he was a Captain 100yrs ago, when Aizen started making Vizards.
    Well that's really open to sugestion at this point right?

He was strong enough to stand up to Aizen without using Shikai so he's clearly stronger than most captains.

My guess is that he was a Captain at a certain point but was promoted to Zero Squad.

It fits the pattern, remember Aizen saying he was aware about Ichigo's existence from birth?

That means he knew who the father was and that would mean that Isshin was still a shinigami up until Ichigo's birth.

So why is it that Ichigo, named Kurosaki after a guy who was a shinigami up until 16 years ago, doesn't ring any bells with the current shinigami?

Why doesn't even one of the older captains go like: "Kurosaki? That name is familiar."

Plus he has what seems to be a Captain's Haori so like I said before, it fits the pattern.

Isshin is most likely a previous Zero Squad Member who predates all captains except Yamamoto and perhaps Unohana.

Imagine Yamamoto being Isshin's old Master, that would be an interesting plot development.

I still say Rangiku is and has been working for Aizen all along. Why else would a Lieutenant Class Shin confront 2 of the most powerful captains? It would be suicide and wouldn't even be a speed bump if she is there to slow them down. I think she will actually be the one to kill Don Kononj when he tries to attack Aizen again. I can also see them making either Ichigo or possibly a lieutenant who has had time to heal some being the one to confront her. If it's Ichigo, I see the battle lasting all of a swing of the sword, so I'm thinking more a SS member will be the one to fight her.

Only other thing I see is Rangiku has been to the living world before and actually met some of Ichigo's friends. Maybe she is there to attempt to protect them until Ichigo arrives. (about 20% on this one 80% on the above theory).

2 cents

I don't post to much but I just read something that was trying to explain who isshin is.. I think that isshin predates all members at SS except CC maybe... I say this because no one does act like they knew who ichigo is/was when they first heard of him.. I think he was training where ichigo is training now but got pushed out of there like 1000 years in the future or more.. I cannot recall but wasn't there a little info on that in one of the chapters.. The thing that has been bugging me and is when aizen was saying that u are a offspring of a human and a... I mean isshin showed up so it is assumed that he was going to say shigami but there wasn't an actual conformation .. Because if he was going to say shiginami 1 why would they not make him say it if isshin was goin to show himself any way and 2 it still seems that isshin is hiding something from ichigo.. Isshin fights on pare with alot of guys without a released sword.. He also knows alot about alot more than a regular captain.. His out fit is different looking with the openings under the arms.. What I am guessing is that isshin is a former CC or kings guard or the very first SR and tried to train in that tunnel and got pushed out in the future.. Aizen found out about this by reading it on some forbidden scroll or something then looked for him... Sorry for all misspelled word I am typing this at work on my iPhone .. Let me know what u think though..

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    I agree that Urahara has been a sometime "agent" for SS, which is why SS not being prepared for Aizen to go as he did, merging with HGQ is difficult to comprehend, unless of course they did know and were prepared.

Also as relates to the Vizards, Obviously, Urahara knew they were well and alive, and probably also knew where they were. My guess is thar SS saw/sees them as Damaged goods, basically Tainted and Not Shinigami enough.

It is just so difficult to make sense of all of it. Ichigo is also a Vizard, and SS deems him worthy of being "Acting" Shinigami.

One possibility is that the Vizards are holding a grudge and refused to join SS, while SS also had no place for them to fit into.

Lets recall that what I am trying to puzzle out is that:

1) SS should have had knowledge of the potential that Aizen would have if he merged with HGQ

2) If SS knew what Aizen could become, then they should have had a contingency that would prevent Karakura town from being suitable for use by Aizen
    Urahara is the key word here. He didn't tell them, they didn't know to ask (Q1 & Q2).
    And if by chance SS did consider the vizards as allies, they didn't how the vizards would re-act. If they felt the Vizards were a threat, why poke a sleeping dragon and have to deal with them and Aizen's team. Urahara is not exactly forth coming with information, and is actually proven to be quit devious. Not to mention he did make the source of everyone's problems behind everyone's back. Everything points to the likelihood he didn't tell them much.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by drgnx View Post
    Urahara is the key word here. He didn't tell them, they didn't know to ask (Q1 & Q2).
    And if by chance SS did consider the vizards as allies, they didn't how the vizards would re-act. If they felt the Vizards were a threat, why poke a sleeping dragon and have to deal with them and Aizen's team. Urahara is not exactly forth coming with information, and is actually proven to be quit devious. Not to mention he did make the source of everyone's problems behind everyone's back. Everything points to the likelihood he didn't tell them much.
    In retrospect, I have to agree with you. I suppose too that SS's benign attitude to Ichigo (a Vizard) is because his intervention in SS affairs revealed just how wrong they were 101 yrs ago. Old man Yamaji, probably has some unexpressed feelings of guilt and regret.

Recall how Yamaji attacked and came close to killing his two favorite students/captains Kyouraku and Ukitake, for their perceived treachery in the "Save Rukia" arc.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

It just occured to me that we have yet to see Nanao nor have we seen Kiyone and Sentaro (although I doubt we will really see them). I think we have been so focused on what Unohana is going to do that we over looked the fact that a lieutenant is actually not fighting. Granted I doubt that I am the first to mention this, but I bet she stayed behind as a last resort.

Not to mention their are other non main characters such as:
    Yasochika (doubtful)
    Hanatoro (doubtful)
    Toshimori (completely doubtful)
    Tatsufusa (completely doubtful)
    Kokichiro (completely doubtful)
    Maki-Maki (completely doubtful)

Not to mention we dont know what happened to:
    Ikkaku
    Yumichika

Finally their is Kukaku and Ganju who I believe may make an appearance.
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT