Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The 3 Sannin

But look in the background, there are several dead ninja lying around. Who knows who fought who? All I'm saying is that I doubt Hanzou was more than 3 times stronger than Jaraiya, but he is still quite obviously really, really, really strong, which makes Pein even stronger. So, unless something crazy happens, Jiraiya stands no chance of killing Pein.

Well reading the scene again. It seems to me that the Sanin never actually fought Hanzou. Hanzou is impressed that those three made it to him. He realizes although he can defeat the three (in that state) there, it would serve no purpose as his side would most likely lose the war.

As a reward for making it as far as they had, Hanzou spares their lives and gives them a title (Sannin or "The 3 Ninja"). I'm assuming in that particular battle Hanzou and the three were the only survivors, so it gives the name some meaning (they are the last 3 nin before him).

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    C/O MangaShare

Here I hope this helps the discussion rather than hear everyone just make shit up.

I personally think Hanzou would have lost the fight against the sannin if it were to have continued but we will never know since it didn't. But if Pain defeated this guy single handedly then I give him props, but a lot can happen in the time that Jiraiya was a ANBU member and then now a elite sannin...Im going to give it to Pain anyways but im going to say Jiraiya lives through it all, just a whole lot busted up, and so will Pain.
    Is it just me or all those ninjas on the ground Leaf ninjas?

ok... if they didnt fight... why would Jiraya KNOW is impossible to beat him 1-1?.... because he fought him 3-1 and almost got killed... thats why Jiraya is so shocked of Pein's abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by K-oz View Post
    I'm not gonna lie to you bro, at first I thought 'damn this guy can whoop all 3 sannins? that's crazy. And pein some how killed him? This pain guy is something serious'

and then my sense kicked in and said....wait...

Orochimaru killed the 3rd when he was old, and the 3rd was said to be the shitznit so maybe Pain isnt all that great as he would've fought an Old Hanzou IF they battled.

and then it occured to me "hold on...jiraiya and them were pretty young in that pic, they probably werent as strong as they are now"

and thus i started accepting the facts.

yes ur fact is a truth, i agree but also its never said that they actually fought and they were also tired and beaten from surviving that other battle so it could be that they just couldnt handle 1 more uber strong person.

right or wrong?
    Ya that is true, how you came to your conclusion makes a lot sense and could be right in the end. i respect that. Im still gonna side with occams principle here though with the information given to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Erpada View Post
    well the people here talking about the age difference are contradicting themselves.
    Orochimaru was able to defeat the 3rd because the 3rd was already very old and wasn't at the top of his game, true.
    Hanzou was probably very old when Pein killed him(unless he had some sort of jutsu that keeps him young, as we have seen with many jutsus out there that make people live for quite some time,but more than likely, he doesn't)
    Hanzou defeated the 3 sannin, may not have been a direct defeat, but gave them quite a beating from what it looks like. Now the 3 sannin are young there as we can see compare to now, but is their strength really that much of a difference, what are they now, except for orochimaru who can switch bodies, they should be around 60 years old, if i am not mistaken, that is considered an old person, now now, i am not saying they are weaker now than they were before, i am just saying, there shouldn't be that much of a difference in their strength between now and their fight with Hanzo.
    So my point is, Jiraya will probably lose to Pein because he is not at the top of his game(probably when he was 30-40years old) while Pein right now is at the top of his game and he is probably even becoming stronger since he looks pretty young.
    very good point. people can name so many circumstances of how it could go down and such because of age/battle exp etc.....This is where occams razor kicks in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabarnes View Post
    But look in the background, there are several dead ninja lying around. Who knows who fought who? All I'm saying is that I doubt Hanzou was more than 3 times stronger than Jaraiya, but he is still quite obviously really, really, really strong, which makes Pein even stronger. So, unless something crazy happens, Jiraiya stands no chance of killing Pein.
    They do look like leaf ninja's but who knows we cant see there forehead protector.

Quote Originally Posted by KingSoze View Post
    Well reading the scene again. It seems to me that the Sanin never actually fought Hanzou. Hanzou is impressed that those three made it to him. He realizes although he can defeat the three (in that state) there, it would serve no purpose as his side would most likely lose the war.

As a reward for making it as far as they had, Hanzou spares their lives and gives them a title (Sannin or "The 3 Ninja"). I'm assuming in that particular battle Hanzou and the three were the only survivors, so it gives the name some meaning (they are the last 3 nin before him).
    If they didnt fight hanzou then jiraiya would of never stated it was impossible he lost to one man. as stated by luimac below

Quote Originally Posted by luimac View Post
    ok... if they didnt fight... why would Jiraya KNOW is impossible to beat him 1-1?.... because he fought him 3-1 and almost got killed... thats why Jiraya is so shocked of Pein's abilities.

Im sure we can all agree that hanzou could fight the 3 sannins at the same time and it be a tough battle ignoring who wins. fighting the top 3 guys in a battle at once right there is enough to convince me pein is the man, and Jiraiya got sheetload of trouble on coming his way.

Zetta Recommends: Naruto, Claymore, Death note, Elfen Lied, Berserk, Monster, One Piece, Rurouni Kenshin, Bleach,

Gameboy: "Its better to fight with honor than be silent and shit bricks"

I do think is a bit weird... Jiraya has this newly aquired info about Pein. He has a past with hanzou, and knows 1st hand how strong he was since the Sannins almost got killed by him. Yet, he is going to look for Pein and try to get the info from Pein himself?!! wtf is going on... thats what I still cant figure out.....
    Jiraya may be rady to die, but I dont think he is suisaidal.... I just hope I am wrong and Jiraya is hoping he doesnt get caught while he extracts more info in Rain village.

jiraiya just wants some info on pein, when he has that he'll send one of the frogs to tsunade en tell her everythingxD

I know but he said he was might ask the Rains god himself... I jhe was messing with just hope he was messing with him.

Quote Originally Posted by luimac View Post
    If they were fighting, their stances would be different. The only one that appears to be in a fighting stance is Orochimaru. They look like they just picked themselves up from something that just whomped them.

If those are leaf ninja all over the ground maybe Hanzou just threw a tidal wave at them and they are the only one's to survive in that large group.

It also looks like Hanzou just noticed the 3 in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by KingSoze View Post
    If they were fighting, their stances would be different. The only one that appears to be in a fighting stance is Orochimaru. They look like they just picked themselves up from something that just whomped them.

If those are leaf ninja all over the ground maybe Hanzou just threw a tidal wave at them and they are the only one's to survive in that large group.

It also looks like Hanzou just noticed the 3 in particular.
    You have a lot of assumptions in your theory man, Which in most likely isn't true. Also what do you mean by if they were fightning there stances would be different? No they wouldnt, if they just fought a long hard battle and don't have a lot of energy left, example, look at jiraiya, he can't even stand up properly because he is hurt. OCCAMS RAZOR KING!!!

Zetta Recommends: Naruto, Claymore, Death note, Elfen Lied, Berserk, Monster, One Piece, Rurouni Kenshin, Bleach,

Gameboy: "Its better to fight with honor than be silent and shit bricks"