Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by drgnx View Post
    Oh the old "It didn't happen in the manga so I don't believe it", I'm really not surprised....
    It also does not contradict the manga either.

This translation indicates that some of the espada we V.L.
    Where is that article from? Who is it quoting? I don't know the magazine or the context.

I don't see how the Espada can be made up of mostly Vasto Lordes... Since Grimmjaw wasn't one, and I don't see any reason why the Arrancar ranked below him would be either. I highly doubt Yammi is one even though he has (according to Aizen, based on his number) the most powerful release of the entire group.

I'm not saying it's not true... I'm just saying it's not canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Roshi View Post
    Where is that article from? Who is it quoting? I don't know the magazine or the context.

I don't see how the Espada can be made up of mostly Vasto Lordes... Since Grimmjaw wasn't one, and I don't see any reason why the Arrancar ranked below him would be either. I highly doubt Yammi is one even though he has (according to Aizen, based on his number) the most powerful release of the entire group.

I'm not saying it's not true... I'm just saying it's not canon.
    it is from "Bleach Databook #2 - MASKED"

Grimmjaw was working on becoming a V.L. So if 0-4 were V.L. and "if" number 5 was on a low level of being a V.L. that counts as "mostly". There is also the possibility of "mostly" not being the most appropriate translation. Either way, I think the message is clear, there were "some" (more than 1) V.L. in the espada.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by drgnx View Post
    it is from "Bleach Databook #2 - MASKED
    In that case I would say that it's canon.

Edit: at least until it gets retconned in the manga (lol)
    Last edited by Roshi; 09-01-2010 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Retcon