Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    It showed stark breaking apart ... DEAD!
    Spoiler!

Grimmjow, Yammy, Gantienbein & Neliel are the remaining arrancars left. plus, Nel's fraccions.

Harribel and Starrk are toast, but i think there's potential for Starrk to come back being that Lilynette was a part of him to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Namvel View Post
    Grimmjow, Yammy, Gantienbein & Neliel are the remaining arrancars left. plus, Nel's fraccions.

Harribel and Starrk are toast, but i think there's potential for Starrk to come back being that Lilynette was a part of him to.
    I think the anime killed this...
    Spoiler!

^^ Agreed, Stark is dead. As well as Halibel.

Just out of interest though, the anime claimed that the top 3 were Vasto Lorde's.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    Just out of interest though, the anime claimed that the top 3 were Vasto Lorde's.
    The anime implied it... But I don't think they said it outright that it was a fact.

I believe that Harribel's fraccion said "is this a Vasto Lorde?" when she met Harribel and then referred to Harribel as such later. But since she didn't know what a Vasto Lorde looked like it is entirely possible that she got it wrong.

I believe that Vasto Lordes have to be stronger than a captain class shinigami before being turned into an Arrancar. Which I don't think Harribel was.

One word for Harribel and Stark. Weak. Especially Stark.

Why would they go out of their way to provide her a back story (to stop all the whiners) only to provide false information ... or to mislead people by having two different characters (the Reindeer and the Lion) make the mistake of thinking Halibel is a V.L.

If you actually consider the top 3 Espada took on multiple captain class opponents, and strong ones at that, they really were not that weak.

It's also been pointed out that Stark was owning till he got stabbed through the spine. On top of that, he got hit with a Hax attack by someone who I don't think anyone will consider "the average captain".

Barragan got nuked (with a Bankai) and still came back with a fury, and like stark was killed with a Hax move that turned his own powers against him.

Halibel got hit with Toshiro's ultimate move (in Bankai) and was only frozen (instead of dead) and still held on against a Captain in Bankai and 2 Vizard Vice Captains. In fact, she was killed by Aizen (Mr. Hax himself).

And in the end, even Aizen admitted they were a disappointment which should indicate they were over-hyped to begin with.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by drgnx View Post
    Why would they go out of their way to provide her a back story (to stop all the whiners) only to provide false information ... or to mislead people by having two different characters (the Reindeer and the Lion) make the mistake of thinking Halibel is a V.L.
    They went out of the way to provide her back story because the anime is quickly catching up to the manga and they are going to use every opportunity they can think of to get some more lead time for the anime. If that means making up a filler story in the middle of the arc, then so be it.

As for why they called her a VL, because she fits the description given by Hitsugaya and maybe that is what the writers of the anime think. I'm not going to believe it 100% until it is confirmed in the manga. Remember when Grimmjaw got his flashback? We got a detailed description of how a Gillian becomes a Adjuchas... Until we get something similar for VLs, I'll keep all possible options options open.

Quote Originally Posted by Roshi View Post
    They went out of the way to provide her back story because the anime is quickly catching up to the manga and they are going to use every opportunity they can think of to get some more lead time for the anime. If that means making up a filler story in the middle of the arc, then so be it.

As for why they called her a VL, because she fits the description given by Hitsugaya and maybe that is what the writers of the anime think. I'm not going to believe it 100% until it is confirmed in the manga. Remember when Grimmjaw got his flashback? We got a detailed description of how a Gillian becomes a Adjuchas... Until we get something similar for VLs, I'll keep all possible options options open.
    Oh the old "It didn't happen in the manga so I don't believe it", I'm really not surprised....
    It also does not contradict the manga either.

This translation indicates that some of the espada we V.L.

Weko Mundo ni suuta sonzaisuru Arankaru no naka de, kakuzetsushita nouryoku to jitsuryoku wo motsumonotachi-----sore ga "Esupāda" de aru. Kousei menbā ha, Menosu Gurande no saijoui de aru "Vasuto Rōde" kyuu ga hotondo*. Sono jitsuryoku ni oujite, sorezore ga Aizen kara suuji wo sazukerarete iru.

Amongst the great numbers of Arrancar that exist in Hueco Mundo, possessors of exceptional ability and efficacy-----these are the "Espada." The members which comprise them are mostly* the highest rank of Menos Grande, the "Vasto Lorde" class. Depending on their efficacy each is, from Aizen, bestowed a number.
    Last edited by drgnx; 09-01-2010 at 04:07 PM.
    Spoiler!