View Poll Results: who is the second strongest swordsman in one piece?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • shanks

    23 52.27%
  • rayleigh

    5 11.36%
  • vista

    3 6.82%
  • x drake

    0 0%
  • zoro

    7 15.91%
  • koshiro(zoro's teacher)

    1 2.27%
  • tashigi

    0 0%
  • shiryu

    1 2.27%
  • other

    4 9.09%
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 207
  1. #21
    Orange toad summoner Uzumaki_Tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Aus
    Posts
    944
    for example Gin was way stronger then Don Kreig .... that ones for you cross

    anyways halaross you have some wierd wierd logic going through your head atm.. On one hand you say that someones rank in a crew means that they couldn't beat a yonkou (eg.Vista beating Shanks) but on the other hand you say the rank doesn't matter and Zoro could beat Luffy?

    Anywho...
    Shanks is second strongest if not equal to Milhawk still and then it goes
    Rayleigh
    Vista
    Beckman
    Shinyu
    Koshiro
    Zoro
    X drake
    Tashigi
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Hey scotty can you make a thread of How much milk Brooke drinks?
    My DoTA hero... Vote for it please!
    www.playdota.com/forums/threads/820/Dak'sar

  2. #22
    Legendary Member halaros536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    greece
    Posts
    4,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzumaki_Tim View Post
    for example Gin was way stronger then Don Kreig .... that ones for you cross

    anyways halaross you have some wierd wierd logic going through your head atm.. On one hand you say that someones rank in a crew means that they couldn't beat a yonkou (eg.Vista beating Shanks) but on the other hand you say the rank doesn't matter and Zoro could beat Luffy?

    Anywho...
    Shanks is second strongest if not equal to Milhawk still and then it goes
    Rayleigh
    Vista
    Beckman
    Shinyu
    Koshiro
    Zoro
    X drake
    Tashigi
    yeah i said that because zoro uses swords who are luffys weakness.yeah because i think that to be a yonkou you must be extremely strong not only to have a powerful crew so i think it would be strange if vista could defeat a yonkou.also dont forget that in most crews the strongest one becomes the captain while in luffys crew zoro because of his promise he accepted luffy as his captain without knowing who was the strongest so i think it is possible that zoro is stronger than luffy.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Airicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    792
    Ok, so Mihawk is the strongest swordsmen today, shanks *use* to be his rival then after he lost his arm Mihawk didn't think he was good enough and felt bad to fight a handicap. This is way I think shanks cannot be the 2nd strongest, if he were then Mihawk would have to be a big gap stronger then the other 'strongest' swordsmen in the world.

    However if he was THAT much stronger then the #2 swordsmen and it was shanks, then Vista could not possibly had held him off during the WB war.

    Rayliegh I'm sure was the strongest swordsmen 20years ago, if you don't think Rogers was a swordsmen since he was shown with a gun, but now age has taken its toll (still not meaning he's weak just he isn't in the running for beating Mihawk)

    Koshiro may be strong but he hasn't been shown to know anything other then how to slice steal so atm he cant be said to be above anyone else.

    Now back to Vista, he held off Mihawk for most of the battle... that says ALOT since Mihawk is not to be played with... now if Vista were the #4 swordsmen and held off Mihawk that would mean Mihawk wasn't that far ahead of the #2 and #3.

    Not to mention if Shanks (the 1 armed man) was a #2, then back when he had 2 arms he would been stronger then Mihawk, infact woulda been much stronger...

    Soz for the long post but it must be...

    1 - Mihawk
    2 - Vista
    3 - Shanks
    4 - Rayleigh
    5 - On this poll its Shiryu, but i doubt he's the 5th strongest swordsmen alive.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

  4. #24
    Legendary Member halaros536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    greece
    Posts
    4,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    Ok, so Mihawk is the strongest swordsmen today, shanks *use* to be his rival then after he lost his arm Mihawk didn't think he was good enough and felt bad to fight a handicap. This is way I think shanks cannot be the 2nd strongest, if he were then Mihawk would have to be a big gap stronger then the other 'strongest' swordsmen in the world.

    However if he was THAT much stronger then the #2 swordsmen and it was shanks, then Vista could not possibly had held him off during the WB war.

    Rayliegh I'm sure was the strongest swordsmen 20years ago, if you don't think Rogers was a swordsmen since he was shown with a gun, but now age has taken its toll (still not meaning he's weak just he isn't in the running for beating Mihawk)

    Koshiro may be strong but he hasn't been shown to know anything other then how to slice steal so atm he cant be said to be above anyone else.

    Now back to Vista, he held off Mihawk for most of the battle... that says ALOT since Mihawk is not to be played with... now if Vista were the #4 swordsmen and held off Mihawk that would mean Mihawk wasn't that far ahead of the #2 and #3.

    Not to mention if Shanks (the 1 armed man) was a #2, then back when he had 2 arms he would been stronger then Mihawk, infact woulda been much stronger...

    Soz for the long post but it must be...

    1 - Mihawk
    2 - Vista
    3 - Shanks
    4 - Rayleigh
    5 - On this poll its Shiryu, but i doubt he's the 5th strongest swordsmen alive.
    well we dont know how much the battle between vista and mihawk lasted.it might didnt last enough to have injuries.yeah shanks might have only one arm but i think he still opposes he has an extremely strong haki which vista doesnt have.

  5. #25
    "Sanji?! Meat!!!" Gypseslice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Raftel aka UK
    Posts
    2,390
    Shanks freaking fought on equal footing with WB, who was Vista's captain and meaning stronger than him, Vista was able to hold off Mihawk.
    The fact that half the higher ups in the Marines were scared by Shanks says something
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!


    “Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character”
    T. Alan Armstrong

  6. #26
    Legendary Member halaros536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    greece
    Posts
    4,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypseslice View Post
    Shanks freaking fought on equal footing with WB, who was Vista's captain and meaning stronger than him, Vista was able to hold off Mihawk.
    The fact that half the higher ups in the Marines were scared by Shanks says something
    i also think that shanks is strong he might even be stronger than wb but saying that he fought on equal foot with wb is totally incorrect i mean they just clashed their swords for a sec you cant call that fighting.

  7. #27
    pirate hunter arisart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    land of the rising sun
    Posts
    2,582
    I'll go with Shanks atm.

    sig made by me

  8. #28
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,778
    ^ true shanks is a swords men but do we know that that is his main power now i mean shanks is a P.E. and mihwak is a warlord so so if mihawk is at a lower position wouldn't that make shanks the strongest swords men if he still main power base was only a sword. what i mean is i dont think he is up there in the swordsmen ranks any more because i dont think that is his main power base any more.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Airicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    well we dont know how much the battle between vista and mihawk lasted.it might didnt last enough to have injuries.yeah shanks might have only one arm but i think he still opposes he has an extremely strong haki which vista doesnt have.
    We can assume it lasted the rest of the war, correct me if i'm wrong but i don't remember seeing Mihawk or Vista after Vista saved luffy.

    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    ^ true shanks is a swords men but do we know that that is his main power now i mean shanks is a P.E. and mihwak is a warlord so so if mihawk is at a lower position wouldn't that make shanks the strongest swords men if he still main power base was only a sword. what i mean is i dont think he is up there in the swordsmen ranks any more because i dont think that is his main power base any more.
    I don't think position matters much in terms of strength since they're pirates, you can argue that admirals are stronger then vice admirals because of position however thats in a structured system, perhaps how WB had no interest in becoming P.K Mihawk has no interest in being a yonkou.

    Also i think to be a yonkou namely deals with your influence, more so then your personal power. like how luffy has influence in Alabasta while he isn't all that strong compared to big world players.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

  10. #30
    Legendary Member halaros536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    greece
    Posts
    4,536
    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    ^ true shanks is a swords men but do we know that that is his main power now i mean shanks is a P.E. and mihwak is a warlord so so if mihawk is at a lower position wouldn't that make shanks the strongest swords men if he still main power base was only a sword. what i mean is i dont think he is up there in the swordsmen ranks any more because i dont think that is his main power base any more.
    there no clue implying that each of the yonkou is stronger than each of the shichibukai.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    We can assume it lasted the rest of the war, correct me if i'm wrong but i don't remember seeing Mihawk or Vista after Vista saved luffy.
    what are you saying?http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/562/11/.here mihawk said "its time to finish this vista".and after that we saw mihawk cutting down das bnes and fighting crocoidile.we also saw vista commending about luffys and aces teamwork when ace was released and then we saw vista attacking akainu.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •