Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Truth is...

Truth is...

All the sigs that have been used on my Mangashare up until these past three were made by my brother. Not me, but now I've taken up PS and have begun making sigs. These are my first three. I would appreciate critique and constructive criticism from all GFXers.

Last edited by Kyosuke; 06-26-2010 at 05:12 AM.
    "I'm gonna drop a double cup on your tennis balls!"

1. This one looks like more of a cut & paste, but I can't tell for sure. Either way I feel like maybe you could have scaled it down a lot more cleaner. Not entirely sure if you know this, but when you re size something (Control + T) and hold down shift or alt & shift, it makes it a lot more proportional. (: As far as the text goes, I'm not too crazy about it, but I'm never good with text/fonts myself. Maybe if you made it thicker & added a 1px black stroke? Hm.

I can't tell if it was already in the background, or if you added it, but there seems to be something funky going on to the right of her head, in the background, which I actually like. Maybe enhancing it to be more golden would add a little light & life to it.

Also, I'm picky about borders :C I feel like they need some, but that is just personal preference. This is all my opinion, there is no right or wrong way to make a signature obviously.

2. I love this one. The colours match nicely, & I like the outer glow. Though again with the text, I'm not crazy about it. I can't honestly read it. I do really like the idea of the top & bottom black border, but I still would have added a 1px border around it all. This is my favorite though (:

3. Looks a little squished, so back to what I said about resizing. I like how sharp the character is, I just wish the background wasn't as blurred though. Also, again, the text & border. >.<

Though don't get me wrong, I'm no pro, & I've got my own style. It's all opinion. I think you're pretty good if you're just starting out. Practice makes perfect (: I'm always willing to give out pointers & little tricks & hints too if you ever need any (As well as probably anyone else here I imagine). Otherwise there is 435345345345 tutorials out there!

Happy shopping!

DeviantArt | Gallery | Request Signature | Important News
    ~
    "Today's end - In the never ending battle at high tide
    I welcome a temporary respite - Extinguishing the lights around me.

I drown in the repetitive days - Goaded fiercely
    And taut as a string - Slow that cold heart down - Here, for now"

Slovakia, not Slovenia - LEARN THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaggerTribal View Post
    1. This one looks like more of a cut & paste, but I can't tell for sure. Either way I feel like maybe you could have scaled it down a lot more cleaner. Not entirely sure if you know this, but when you re size something (Control + T) and hold down shift or alt & shift, it makes it a lot more proportional. (: As far as the text goes, I'm not too crazy about it, but I'm never good with text/fonts myself. Maybe if you made it thicker & added a 1px black stroke? Hm.

I can't tell if it was already in the background, or if you added it, but there seems to be something funky going on to the right of her head, in the background, which I actually like. Maybe enhancing it to be more golden would add a little light & life to it.

Also, I'm picky about borders :C I feel like they need some, but that is just personal preference. This is all my opinion, there is no right or wrong way to make a signature obviously.

2. I love this one. The colours match nicely, & I like the outer glow. Though again with the text, I'm not crazy about it. I can't honestly read it. I do really like the idea of the top & bottom black border, but I still would have added a 1px border around it all. This is my favorite though (:

3. Looks a little squished, so back to what I said about resizing. I like how sharp the character is, I just wish the background wasn't as blurred though. Also, again, the text & border. >.<

Though don't get me wrong, I'm no pro, & I've got my own style. It's all opinion. I think you're pretty good if you're just starting out. Practice makes perfect (: I'm always willing to give out pointers & little tricks & hints too if you ever need any (As well as probably anyone else here I imagine). Otherwise there is 435345345345 tutorials out there!

Happy shopping!
    Agreed, where would I be without tutorials and advices ??

Anyway, Kyosuke, you should have told us sooner that all your previous sigs werent yours !
    FAVOURITE MANGAS
    Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Claymore, Ao No Exorcist, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Gamaran, Toriko, Vinland Saga, Gantz, Wolf Guy, Deadman Wonderland, Vagabond, Blade of The Immortal, Battle Royale, Zettman

Quote Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
    Agreed, where would I be without tutorials and advices ??

Anyway, Kyosuke, you should have told us sooner that all your previous sigs werent yours !
    I really should've, but I felt too embarassed to say anything.

I agree with DaggerTribal about the first sig, you should have resize the background and render so they can fit better. Also I think you could have went with another render for that background to. I see something that looks like a fractal render behind your focal, that does not fit at all to me. You should have went with something else other than a fractal render, u should have probably a c4d render in this case. Well am not to good at using fonts but I think you should have gone with something else. Its always good to use a simple font because sometimes a fancy font doesn't always work. Also you should have finished off the sig with a nice border maybe around 1px.

The second sig is pretty could. Everything fit nicely except for the butterflies, I think you could of went with something different there. But other than that pretty good.

The third sig the render needs to be resized properly. Remember hold the shift key when resizing a render so it will come out the way you want. The font is ok but you lowered the opacity to much on the top word. Remember go with a simple font sometimes.

Use tutorials for resources it always helps. Am like a year into making sigs and am still trying to get better so don't worry about it. Sooner or later you will find your own style in making sigs. And you should have said something about your sigs weren't made by you, don't worry about being embrassed we would have understand.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

Thank you very much Jaiden. Also, after endless hours (since 1:00 A.M. this morning) I have a new sig with use of C4D flow and whatnot plz critique

Beer and Music
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyosuke View Post
    Thank you very much Jaiden. Also, after endless hours (since 1:00 A.M. this morning) I have a new sig with use of C4D flow and whatnot plz critique

Looks cool, but what if you're lying again?
    I think I'm going to remove you as a friend...I don't bro around with liars.

Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    I can understand that you'd think I'm lying, but thats not possible. No one would want to or will help me, and my bro is sick and can't do PS. But, hey it's up to you to believe me or not.

Well, I can see that you were embarassed about telling us the truth.

But you really shouldn't have entered sigs that weren't yours into the SotW/SotF, I'll have to discuss this with ImotoChan.

Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    [JUiCE], seriously?
    "Damn it, you can't euthanize people with minty fresh breath!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ravona View Post
    Well, I can see that you were embarassed about telling us the truth.

But you really shouldn't have entered sigs that weren't yours into the SotW/SotF, I'll have to discuss this with ImotoChan.

[JUiCE], seriously?
    I understand Rav, and also I apologize for not saying anything. :<