Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

One Piece Ace's Mysterious Piece of Paper

(This contains Manga/Anime Spoilers)

I know this was way back in the Alabasta Arc, but has this ever been theorized or discussed? Ace, before he left the straw hat crew gave Luffy a wierd piece of paper, and said that if Luffy ever needed him, he would know what to do with the paper. After witnessing Ace's fight with Black Beard, I was thinking this piece of paper would be mentioned, but never again. One of One Piece's Mysteries that we have to wait for Hundreds of chapters to remember that small event and for it to be mentioned again. Was this unimportant, or just a joke? I remember Luffy put the paper under his hat, but after all the events and chaos of Alabasta, did this paper get lost/forgotten? Or does Oda have a future intention for this?

If this topic was already discussed sorry :(
    Last edited by KenichiKun; 09-15-2007 at 04:56 AM.

Don't have any idea really. Maybe he does, maybe not. I'm leaning on the maybe he does though. Oh, and as far as I remember Nami sew it in to Luffy's hat, not that he just put it under. Not sure though.

I think that paper might become important after the current moria/shadow island arc. When Ace handed the paper to Ruffy (he's called Ruffy in the German translations) he said that it will help ruffy to find him when he needs to. Now we haven't seen anything from Ace since he challenged Blackbeard and I think he got beaten up pretty badly. So my theory is: After they left the island Ace will call for Ruffy by doing something with the paper to rescue him or something.

Another possibility would be that the paper won't be important until the very end during a battle with whitebeard though I have no ideas in which way...

I hoestly don´t have any idea what it really could be. It just looks like a normal piece of paper but it obviously has some kind of deep significance.

Thats a good theory Vyse, maybe it should have some sort of use when Luffy meets up with Blackbeard. Also the paper was blank, but if it were ever to be needed I guess something should happen.

Oda has a reason for everything

When the paper suddenly stopped appearing in Luffy's hat I started to think the paper have no mistery, it was just a scene to make us see how Luffy loves and cares about his brother, nothing more. Though I suppose I'm wrong thinking this, it's really weird the paper is no more in the Luffy straw hat.

Good theory Vyse U_U

damnz: Messages like this are spam, please do not post replies with no new information, discussion, etc...
    Last edited by damnz; 09-15-2007 at 08:19 PM.

The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    Heat Sensitive Paper, that is all I'm saying.
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

Nintendo Wii Friend's number

I've had a few ideas about this one. It might be like the two-way mirrors in Harry Potter (the one that Sirius gave to Harry). In other words, Luffy can write something on it and Ace will get the message. That was what I thought when I first saw it, but that would be rather useless in the Grand Line, seeing as Ace could never get to Luffy even if he knew where he was and that he needed help. Also, I believe Oda said there was no magic in OP, so there isn't much of a way to explain that one.
    My second idea is that the paper has some sort of link to Ace's power and that if Luffy burns the paper, Ace will be able to come through the fire. My idea on this is that it could have something (hair, fingernail, etc.) from Ace's body and that, because Logia users seem to reassemble after becoming their element, his body will be able to come through in some way. No real basis from the plot to support it, but it's just a thought.

No Magic in One Piece? Makes sense, since there's no such thing as Genjutsu(*Cough* Naruto, *Cough* Sasuke vs Deidara). And LOL at the Harry Potter Reference, probably not, but nice theory concerning the link between Ace's Power and the paper. We'll find out one of these days o_o
    Last edited by KenichiKun; 09-15-2007 at 07:57 PM.