• I occasionally buy manga

8 28.57%
  • I rarely buy manga.

5 17.86%
  • I have never bought manga before.

5 17.86%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

How Many People Actually Buy Manga???

Just a question that poped into my head yesterday after I stumbled upon this thread by ·Rokudaime Sennin·

http://www.mangashare.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17687

I see moderators and people that translate manga always encourage people to buy manga.
    But lets be serious for a second how many people actually buy manga on a regular basis. (Or at all for that matter.)
    I personally have never bought a manga volume before in my entire life. Not because I am cheap, but simply because free manga is so easily available.

Let me hear your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    What other thread?

I'm one of the few members that actually buy manga. I have all of Naruto up to date, all of Battle club, all of Negima, all of Kame-Kazi up to date, all of Basilisk, all of Dragon Ball(including z), and all of Midori Days.
    well juice what makes you want to buy manga when it is so easily available on the internet?

Would You buy Manga If it were not available on the Internet?

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Beer and Music
    Ohh, this is what you meant "the other thread"

Quote Originally Posted by WiSeMaN View Post
    well juice what makes you want to buy manga when it is so easily available on the internet?
    Well wisebro, I like actually owning something that i like. Like games, there are r4's for ds, you can buy that and download many many games for ds without wasting a cent(besides buying the r4), i have around 24 or so ds games. Same goes for music, i do download somewhat, but only when it's a band i don't really care about or I want to try it out before buying, if it's a band i love, I'm going to buy their cd, because I support their music and the band. So same goes for the manga, i support the mangakas, I'm a fan, and i like having my own copy of said things.

Spoiler!

And thanks to ydoc, I get it on a monthly basis. So I actually do buy the manga. Trollman awaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    Ohh, this is what you meant "the other thread"

Well wisebro, I like actually owning something that i like. Like games, there are r4's for ds, you can buy that and download many many games for ds without wasting a cent(besides buying the r4), i have around 24 or so ds games. Same goes for music, i do download somewhat, but only when it's a band i don't really care about or I want to try it out before buying, if it's a band i love, I'm going to buy their cd, because I support their music and the band. So same goes for the manga, i support the mangakas, I'm a fan, and i like having my own copy of said things.
    Makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Would You buy Manga If it were not available on the Internet?
    well...I suppose first I would try and borrow it from my local library. Then if that were not possible, then yes I would actually buy the manga.

@Handbanna i did a search there is no other thread that asks this question

I never bought any manga but not because I don't want to and it's available for free in the internet but because I can't. I don't think it's available in my country and buying it somewhere else would be too costly.

I don't buy Manga because I don't really care that strongly about it. For me, right now, it is a convienient distraction from life's hassles, but I can easily find other distractions.

I guess coming here to read and discuss Naruto and Bleach gives me an focus to engage other people on Mangashare (almost exclusively MS).

I'd probably lose interest very quickly if it were not here freely.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

I don't buy manga because I don't want people to find out I'm a raging weeaboo faggot.

@L0ki, Should I take that to mean that your ashamed of the fact that you read manga.