Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Nowhere in the manga does it say the 1st and Madara were friends...

who said they were friends?

Quote Originally Posted by UrAl3ich View Post
    who said they were friends?
    people claim they were friends, but it was just a part of the Uchiha&TenguOrigin theorie...

well it wouldn't be totally out there if they were friends.....i mean it would go with the pattern friends first enemies next. for example oro and jiraiya. that's why naruto is after sasuke in order to break that pattern.

well... is not impossible that they were friends since Kakashi said it was a ironic that they fought in that valley.... or maybe they were enemies that became friends since if its an irony things were different that what occuered in Naruto/sasuke battle. But since he ends saying that their life is remarkably like their I guess they were friends that fought it out at the end.

i also heard that they were frenz .. tha fact of tha matter is.... madara got owned even though he had sharingans

mandara could have been trying to get the mangekyou if he was the first bestfriend a friendship is implied with them co founding konoha but its kinda plain and obvious that tobi, mandara, the sharingan and kyuubi are related so maybe mandara summond the kyyubii the first turned it back on him he got abiit smashed up maybe the first desided to take his eyes orsomething so he could let him live without indangering his village and mandara took over obits bodie or something wild like that.
    hmm i wonder what obitos doing right now.... decomposing and smelling up the joint i gess coz hes dead!!

you're too troublesome Shikamaru-sensei's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matrice View Post
    With the last chapter we know for sure that Madara was killed by the First hokage. The first may have been wery strong to be able to kill the Uchia clan's founder. Indeed, Tsunade can't even be compared, even if she is his daughter. I'm currenty thinking if this shoul mess up the power levels of the previous hokages too: till now I always thought that the Fourth was the stronger, but the 1st may have been something terrific. Maybe Madara had even a special power that allowed him to summon bijuus, like the 1dt has the sealing power (which should have something to do with the use of wood-chakra type, but I don't get which is the connection).
    no, the manga never said that Uchiha Madara was killed. Only Defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by sangar5729 View Post
    ok... i juz want to confirm it rite now.....

did madara kill the 1st hokage? i read sumwhere it said like that.
    but.. chapter 370 says.... that 1st hokage defeated madara... can u people confirm which 1 is true?
    I would have used common sense and trusted the actual manga as to something youread somewhere.
    ------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by gray fox View Post
    mandara could have been trying to get the mangekyou if he was the first bestfriend a friendship is implied with them co founding konoha but its kinda plain and obvious that tobi, mandara, the sharingan and kyuubi are related so maybe mandara summond the kyyubii the first turned it back on him he got abiit smashed up maybe the first desided to take his eyes orsomething so he could let him live without indangering his village and mandara took over obits bodie or something wild like that.
    Madara not Mandara
    ------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by luimac View Post
    well... is not impossible that they were friends since Kakashi said it was a ironic that they fought in that valley.... or maybe they were enemies that became friends since if its an irony things were different that what occuered in Naruto/sasuke battle. But since he ends saying that their life is remarkably like their I guess they were friends that fought it out at the end.
    someone posted a sort of theory/thought about this irony in the naruto theories forum. I'll post it here incase you haven't read it yet:

Quote Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
    You certainly all have noticed how much Kishimoto enjoys putting hidden hints and weird sentences all around the pages of his manga. It might be a bit frustrating sometimes, but it contributes to making the manga's universe look deep and rich - just like the real world's history is sometimes made of thousands and thousands of synergies of events, and sometimes was forged and led by the iron fist by just a bunch of men.

About when Naruto fought Sasuke in the valley of the end and almost got killed. Can you remember Kakashi and Pakkun looking at the two statues and saying, "it's ironic they fought there" and "their lives are strangely similar"? At that point, I can remember I was like "Who the heck are those two guys and what about that "strangely similar bullshit""?

Well, after taking a closer look we could notice one of those two statues was the 1st Hokage's (as we saw him fighting Sarutobi under oro's jutsu during the attack of konoha) but no more. Who the second statue was - Uchiha Madara - wasn't to be easy to find out before long, and how their story was similar to Naruto's and Sasuke's was even more obscure.

===========================
    THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS SPOILER
    ===========================
    Very little though.

It's actually very easy to understand. Madara and the 1st Hokage - ie. respectively the founders of Uchiha Ichizoku and of Konoha no kuni - have been the closest friends for a time. We now know, thanks to the 370th chapter, that Madara apparently really is the one who consciously released the Kyuubi. Let's see, what was the deal already...

Ah, yes. He released the demon in exchange for a small part of its power. He needed this power to fight his father, the Karasu Tengu, who had already got rid of his mother and was intending to kill him too to use his body as a container for the sake of god-knows-which-dirty-old demon-geezer plan.

Madara, in lust for power, unleashed the Kyuubi and let the evil chakra take over his body. When the 1st learned what he had done, he considered it as a betrayal towards Konoha (which is quite logical) and there they fought in the Valley of the end, causing overwhelming damage to the surrounding areas.

Sasuke and Naruto are pretty much the same, not exactly though. In order to kill his brother, Sasuke drowns into darkness to acquire power. He lets the cursed seal take over him and joins Orochimaru, an embodiment of evil (though, contrarily to Madara, Sasuke doesn't put Konoha in deadly danger doing that... he just joins an old enemy of it, but still this is betreyal/desertion). Naruto, on his side, is desperate by the betrayal of his friend and fights him to "get him back".

That's what the "irony" Pakkun and Kakashi spoke of on that day was all about. Just so those of you who hadn't noticed yet can now notice. ;-)
    Last edited by Shikamaru-sensei; 09-20-2007 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost