Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blud View Post
    I liked the one for the davy back fight / water 7 (forget what it's called / numbered, it's the one where they're falling from the sky at the start). Other than that I agree with you. I really hate the current opening and lack of ending.
    Kokoro no Chizu

But hands down, my vote goes to Bebop. It's the perfect blend of all jazz ranges (classical, big band, blues, etc.), and almost every single song has its place in the show, and if you've ever seen the series, you'll know what I'm talking about. Yoko Kanno pulled out all imaginable stops to produce an amazing album, and no other anime album has the diversity and complexity of it. It has opera, songs sung in French, kick-ass instrumentals, need I say more? I can go on and on about the awesomeness of this album, but instead of listening to me rant about it, you should all go and watch the series from start to finish, then seek out the album. You will not be disappointed...
    Simplicity is of its own grandeur...

Samurai Champloo // Eureka 7

Yoko Kanno is a goddess. There are a lot of great anime OSTs, but you've never heard music until you've experienced Cowboy Bebop. Come on! there are songs sung in made up languages (sung by Gabriela Robin), jazz, brilliant songs in piano or strings, and the list goes on and on. So go and experience the Bebop. And then Wolf's Rain. And then Escaflowne. And then Ghost in the Shell. And then Darker than Black...

For some certain reason, I found myself seriously addicted to Gundam Seed Destiny's third opening music: Bokutachi no Yukue. In fact, the third opening was definitely the best part of the entire gundam seed destiny series. Yes, it was that good. The opening song of the anime series: "Air" was also very well received by me. Otherwise, all my favorites were previously mentioned by others prior to this post.

Ever heard of Elysium? Yeah, I'm not there.
    Personally, I prefer music that is played with an actual orchestra and choir. I'm already a big fan of classical composers, and having that feeling in an anime, that grandiose feeling of being in something that's bigger than you, exacerbated by the ensuing battle or melancholic exchange or even a tender moment between lovers.

Favorite anime scores according to how I rate them:

1) Fullmetal Alchemist
    2) Cowboy Bebop
    3) Wolf's Rain
    4) Eureka Seven
    5) Blood+
    6) .hack//SIGN

All of that being said, I prefer the music of Fullmetal Alchemist, Blood+, Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain and Eureka Seven. That is not to say, overall, those are the top ones I like, oh no. In light of the fact that the question asked "which anime has the best music?" I assume that video-games are not included. But for the moment, anime wise, I prefer Fullmetal Alchemist.

well i already said which anime had the best music so ill tell yall which anime had best closing
    YouTube - Rurouni Kenshin Third Ending - Heart of Sword

best openings
    YouTube - Air Gear Opening

YouTube - Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig Opening

well i changed it a little
    ghost in the shell
    samurai champloo bleach
    eureka 7
    Last edited by gdupninja; 09-11-2007 at 07:51 PM.

Made by Gray-Foxx and iThepirate
    Come help us grow! http://mangaseed.com/index.php

i listen to weird music, even by anime standards,, here are the best songs from the class i know . the best sad engrish anime song is gravity from wolf's rain the best happy song i know is from haruhi prolly parallel days, best actioney song is probably colors from geass or maybe inukami!s hikari. best calming song would actually be like from mushishi or ARIA or something like that, slices of life usually have good calm songs

Some days ago I finished FLCL (Fooly Cooly / Furi Kuri) and... Wow! What a great music it has! The best moments of the story are really improved with great music. I dled the OST as soon as I finished the last chapter.

I also loved flcl's soundtrack the pillows have written some very catchy songs
    i like the song yoko takahashi sang for neon g's opening, cruel angels thesis?
    parade by chaba one of narutos ending theme's
    and the entire cowboy bebop ost especialy spokey dorkey (alternate take) for some reason

can't make up my mind so fast,

i like Toshiro Masuda's music in Naruto...
    i also like Shiro Sagisu's music in Bleach... he has his own style of music, I like that (listen to Casshern score if you don't know what to listen to)
    then again i like death note osts as well... and jigoku shoujo!
    to be honest, I think Yuki Kajiura made the most themes which I like, though they look a lot the same... Honey & clover has a great ost as well... Kenji Kawai's Fate/Stay Night... a great soundtrack too...

AHHH I can't make up my mind, I just like a lot of them, can't realy choose, but I think Naruto had so much I liked, funny, drama, action, scary.... to bad they didn't release more osts (yet)...