Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Lightbulb [Tutorial] Make a Hq Cleaning like mangastream in less Than 5 Minute~ By DarkPhantom

hai guys!
    i will give you some cleaning technic from me...
    because i'm speechless and cannot speak english very well,
    so i will just publish a video tutorial and some photoshop action.

Preview:
    -before

-after

Requirements:
    - Topaz denoise v2
    - Topaz clean v2
    - Neat image

Download The Require... Here:
    Topaz Bundle
    Neat Image

Download The Tuts Here:
    Download Dunks

Password can be found here:
    http://darkphantom.co.cc/password-for-the-tuts-package/
    Last edited by sh1no; 06-10-2010 at 02:32 AM.

I'll laugh at you when I get home and can see it better.

Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    I'll laugh at you when I get home and can see it better.
    Um, shouldn't you be trying to recruit people instead of laughing at them?

Quote Originally Posted by ·Rokudaime Sennin· ™ View Post
    Um, shouldn't you be trying to recruit people instead of laughing at them?
    Pft, recruiting doesn't work. People have to genuinely want to help in order for it to work out in the long run. I'm laughing because to call our cleaning HQ is stupid, we are not an HQ group. We are a speed-scan group who just so happen to produce a high-MQ product.

In order to truly be HQ you either have to work with tank raws or, as is the case with some groups, replace grays, redraw lineart, and meticulously check pages on magazine raws.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    The only scan team out there who I can honestly say great is the group who mostly does bleach scans. I'll find their name when I get home.

Also I should eventually do the binktopia school now that I have a pc that can truly handle PS.
    You're probably thinking of Maximum7. Also we don't have a school anymore, we've implemented this whole new "mentor-mentee" thing. (not my idea)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigunflame View Post
    I'd say it's Pretty damn good; Not "As" Good - but, comparable. Mangastream's cleans are no where close to "perfect" either; as anyone who looks closely & is anal enough to care, can easily point out some problems.

As for this particular image provided by Sh1no - most noticeably, it could use some anti-aliasing. Also, Kushina's hair could be filled in a bit better. Interestingly, I actually prefer the diagonal lines in the background to Mangastream's version.

On the whole though, I would have no problem using that image in an Archive.

His

Mangastream
    The diagonal lines that you prefer are a result of the raw, not of the cleaning. Honestly with such a high quality mag raw he should've been able to achieve a better result.

Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    You're probably thinking of Maximum7. Also we don't have a school anymore, we've implemented this whole new "mentor-mentee" thing. (not my idea)
    Maximum 7 is correcto. They do Really good HQ scans but they take a bit as a result to get them out. Also you guys are more of a speed scan, but you really do get good quality compared to all the others out there. So its understandable for him to think that.

Here are the supposedly HQ versions done using the HQ raws.

http://mangahelpers.com/s/legendmang...nline/85675/16
    LegendManga

http://mangahelpers.com/s/reddevilsh...nline/85778/17
    RedDevilShn

Maximum 7 is correcto. They do Really good HQ scans but they take a bit as a result to get them out. Also you guys are more of a speed scan, but you really do get good quality compared to all the others out there. So its understandable for him to think that.
    So kinda like JapFlap for Naruto.

I know BINK-EMS is a speed scan, but their quality is still very high.

Quote Originally Posted by ·Rokudaime Sennin· ™ View Post
    Here are the supposedly HQ versions done using the HQ raws.

http://mangahelpers.com/s/legendmang...nline/85675/16
    LegendManga

http://mangahelpers.com/s/reddevilsh...nline/85778/17
    RedDevilShn

So kinda like JapFlap for Naruto.

I know BINK-EMS is a speed scan, but their quality is still very high.
    Meh, I guess. Don't really care either. Its really the scanlation I care about. I didn't know JapFlap was considered HQ. I thought they were also a speedgroup as well.

I'd say it's Pretty damn good; Not "As" Good - but, comparable. Mangastream's cleans are no where close to "perfect" either; as anyone who looks closely & is anal enough to care, can easily point out some problems.

As for this particular image provided by Sh1no - most noticeably, it could use some anti-aliasing. Also, Kushina's hair could be filled in a bit better. Interestingly, I actually prefer the diagonal lines in the background to Mangastream's version.

On the whole though, I would have no problem using that image in an Archive.

His

Mangastream
    Last edited by Trigunflame; 06-07-2010 at 06:03 PM.

The only scan team out there who I can honestly say great is the group who mostly does bleach scans. I'll find their name when I get home.

Also I should eventually do the binktopia school now that I have a pc that can truly handle PS.

Juni?