Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    And I'm saying it's not like Mangastream's. When I say we I mean the Binktopia/Mangastream super taskforce (this name is copyrighted =P).

Like I said it's a nice tutorial, but to call it the same is like calling swine flu and a venereal disease the same.

I hate to be tied down to a singular method because when you are you lose the ability to respond to different situations. That being said, yes we have pooled our resources.
    Wow man you're starting to sound like Zidane. Calm your face man. You act like from the moment mangastream came out you been doing scans for them. In fact you guys dropped Naruto because you couldn't find a translator while they were releasing it with no problems.

The guy could have simply meant cleaning like mangastream before you guys did your joint venture thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Wow man you're starting to sound like Zidane. Calm your face man. You act like from the moment mangastream came out you been doing scans for them. In fact you guys dropped Naruto because you couldn't find a translator while they were releasing it with no problems.

The guy could have simply meant cleaning like mangastream before you guys did your joint venture thing.
    No you calm your face, buddy.

a. You have no idea why we dropped Naruto.

b. Their cleaning style hasn't really changed. Our style hasn't really changed. Only a couple of little things have changed.

c. That's quite an assumption there, I make mine because his example is using a page that I specifically cleaned last week.

d. The whole Binktopia/Mangastream super taskforce thing was done tongue-in-cheek. All my bolded and italicized things are.

Look, like I said it's a nice tutorial. It creates a good result when used with the right raw and it does create something comparable. However, it's not the same. End of story, there's no pissing contest here. If you want to say I'm acting like zidane, fine. If you want to say I'm acting like I've been doing their scans since they appeared, whatever. If that's the way it comes across to you then I'm sorry you see it that way. I'm just trying to be realistic here and the reality is it's a nice technique that can create some good results, but it's not mangastream's. I hate it when people do stuff and sell it as "like whoever". People should develop their stuff and pass it along on their own merits, but I'm realistic and know it won't stop. It still irritates me though.

If you say so. However I will agree what not a hq scan. Not sure why he would say HQ when Mangastream never made any HQ scans. Well for Naruto for the most part.

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    Anyone who knows how to properly manipulate Topaz and Neat Image will end up getting decent results...along with the use of traditional cleaning methods of course. This tutorial is nice enough to give these add ons so that's cool, because persons may now feel inclined to manipulate it as they see fit.

Truth is, the same technique won't work on every raw so the statement 'cleaning in less than 5 min...' is misleading. But thanks for the links mate.
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If you say so. However I will agree what not a hq scan. Not sure why he would say HQ when Mangastream never made any HQ scans. Well for Naruto for the most part.
    if i rename it into LQ then nobody will come to see my tutorials~
    if mangastream scanlation is not HQ then how do you explain about this,

Quote Originally Posted by sh1no View Post
    if i rename it into LQ then nobody will come to see my tutorials~
    if mangastream scanlation is not HQ then how do you explain about this,
    Do I have to explain marketing tactics here? In fact you even just explained it yourself.

Listen, I went through the trouble of explaining the difference earlier. Just take my word for it, I'm not lying.

oooohhhh~