Yubisaki Milk Tea

Genres: comedy, romance, gander bender

Plot Summary: Through a series of coincidences, Yoshinori wound up having to fill in for his beautiful older sister as a model for a bridal gown. Ever since then he’s had a taste for both cross-dressing and photography, and Yubisaki Milk Tea follows his exploits both as male Yoshinori and female “Yuki.” Yoshinori winds up in a love triangle with his childhood friend Hidari, who doesn’t know about his cross-dressing, and a classmate named Minamo, who hates men and will only talk to Yoshinori when he’s dressed as Yuki.

Series Commentary: It sounds like such a wacky tangle that it could only be an over-the-top comedy, but it’s actually not. Instead, Yubisaki is a high school drama that wavers back and forth between being too emo and being too real. The characters are inconsistent in their desires like any high school kid; the approach to their avid interest in sex is frank (leading some volumes, released by TOKYOPOP, to be shrinkwrapped in stores). Like Kodomo no Jikan, some aspects of the story may make a more conservative reader uncomfortable, but the payoff of peeking into the psychology of the characters is immense.

Ario's Notes: Since the relationships in Yubisaki are so complex as a refreasher Tokyopop put a relationship matrix in the beginning of each volume of the US release. It wasn't nearly sufficient enough and to give you a peak into exactly how messed up the relationships are I decided I made this diagram:

| MangaTraders - Lackey | HentaiTraders - Staff | AnimeInfo.org - Admin |
    Scanlation: Typesetter, Editor, Scanner, Cleaner, & Connoisseur
    Warning: Due to the nature of Ariolander all posts now come with a disclaimer.

Thanks for posting these. Absolutely LOVE this manga. The mangaka does a fantastic job of exploring a number of different emotions. Though some of these emotions portrayed in the dialogue and the characters may seem a bit over the top in the realm of reality.

You know I adore this Manga, Ario

Your chart summed it up pretty much too, I love the "incest?" bit, That Miki x Nori scene was very, very hot. Yubisaki is just about as sexy as Manga gets in general.
    I bought that big double volume (8-9) a month or so ago and had peek inside to see some very saucy scenes with Yuki and Wataru, but I'm saving it for when I'm in the perfect mood.

I read the first one and a half chapters and I lost interest I didn't really find the manga that much sexy. I mean it's kinda funny, but I found Ane Doki to be alot more sexier than this.

Guess I'll give it another try later see if it gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangaz View Post
    You know I adore this Manga, Ario

Your chart summed it up pretty much too, I love the "incest?" bit, That Miki x Nori scene was very, very hot. Yubisaki is just about as sexy as Manga gets in general.
    I bought that big double volume (8-9) a month or so ago and had peek inside to see some very saucy scenes with Yuki and Wataru, but I'm saving it for when I'm in the perfect mood.
    Yup I placed an order for 2 copies of the final supersized double volume (just in case I wanna FTP it)

Though the chart lists 3 cases of incest only 1 really went 'all the way'. Sure it might be teasing but generally anything involving Miki is pretty hot though Minamo has her own appeal though I would probably chalk that one up to my meganeko (eyeglasses) fetish.

Still as hot and at times funny as this manga is the main appeal for me at least and what kept me coming back was the raw human drama of this obscene love polygon (lost track of all the sides while making the graph).

Things go from good to bad to worse... then possibly hotness and like some sorta train wreck the story draws you in and you just can't go away.

| MangaTraders - Lackey | HentaiTraders - Staff | AnimeInfo.org - Admin |
    Scanlation: Typesetter, Editor, Scanner, Cleaner, & Connoisseur
    Warning: Due to the nature of Ariolander all posts now come with a disclaimer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariolander View Post
    Still as hot and at times funny as this manga is the main appeal for me at least and what kept me coming back was the raw human drama of this obscene love polygon (lost track of all the sides while making the graph).

Things go from good to bad to worse... then possibly hotness and like some sorta train wreck the story draws you in and you just can't go away.
    Hmmm. You make it sound alot more appealing, lol. Any HQ scans out there for download?

Minamo's appeal for me is that she looks normal, almost plain (but still hot) at first glance, but underneath that she's a filthy little tease. She's really come out of her shell in the later volumes too, great to see her being a bit more self-indulgent and upfront.

I love this manga.Yubisaki Milk Tea is the appellation of a Japanese romance manga by Tomochika Miyano absorption about a boy whose amusement is cross-dressing and the lives of those about him whom he affects whether he is dressed up or not.