Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: PS2 classics

Short answer. It isn't.
    I will forever be a Shin Megami Tensei fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arisato-kun View Post
    Alright I'll bite. Why is Final Fantasy X better than Persona 3 and 4?
    Because its a person's opinion. You aren't the decider of someone opinion. If I say Dragon Ball fighting series is the greatest, then it just boils down to someone else opinion.

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Because its a person's opinion. You aren't the decider of someone opinion. If I say Dragon Ball fighting series is the greatest, then it just boils down to someone else opinion.
    Haha obvious troll is obvious but at any rate....

I'm still allowed to state my own opinion aren't I? If anyone challenges it then I expect them to at least have some way to support it. So far I've only been challenged for stating my opinion and encouraging debate though. XD

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Quote Originally Posted by Arisato-kun View Post
    Haha obvious troll is obvious but at any rate....

I'm still allowed to state my own opinion aren't I? If anyone challenges it then I expect them to at least have some way to support it. So far I've only been challenged for stating my opinion and encouraging debate though. XD
    Obvious fallacy is obvious. And this thread isn't for debate on the greatest game. It was just for intent purposes of asking about PS2 classics. So if you wish to discuss why your game is the greatest rpg in your opinion, then create a thread doing so.

And you're a douche. but of course, that's only my opinion.

Although as to FFX or Persona, each is targeted at a different audience. FFX has more sales than the Persona series (for what it's worth) most likely because it has a name to back it up. Persona is more for the "hardcore rpg player." If you took all the people who played both games and asked them which one they liked better, the majority would probably say Persona. This is probably because the type of people who found Persona are the type of people who are going to like it better than anything "mainstream" but less a big name rpg juggernaut. However if you asked all the people who own PS2s which game they like better, the majory of the answers would be "I haven't played Persona" or "get this Weaboo shit out of my face."

In the end I prefer Persona. But a majority of the people on this site are the audience persona targeted in the first place.

"I couldn't care less; I love Asuka" -Me

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangaz View Post
    Short answer. It isn't.
    I will forever be a Shin Megami Tensei fanboy.
    Same. SMT forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Veleon View Post

Although as to FFX or Persona, each is targeted at a different audience. FFX has more sales than the Persona series (for what it's worth) most likely because it has a name to back it up. Persona is more for the "hardcore rpg player." If you took all the people who played both games and asked them which one they liked better, the majority would probably say Persona. This is probably because the type of people who found Persona are the type of people who are going to like it better than anything "mainstream" but less a big name rpg juggernaut. However if you asked all the people who own PS2s which game they like better, the majory of the answers would be "I haven't played Persona" or "get this Weaboo shit out of my face."

In the end I prefer Persona. But a majority of the people on this site are the audience persona targeted in the first place.
    This is true. Persona's the kind of game that most people are initially deterred from playing, but once they play it they realize how great it is. Though to be fair Persona 4 had the best sales for any Atlus game ever and I expect P5 to do even better. Looks like Persona is building a name for itself as well.

Finally I think it's safe to say that since the thread is titled "PS2 Classics" it's fine to discuss and compare said classics, right?

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Quote Originally Posted by Veleon View Post

Keep that sissy name calling shit out of this. Stick to facts.

Also hardcore rpg player? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifJ7Ndi-pmU

Err maybe we aren't talking about the same game. FFX was a lot more complex and overall had a better storyline. Not to contradict myself but serious, Persona 4 is like for the children market. FFX as far as numbers has sold well over 4.4 million copies world wide. Looking up stats for Persona, it only did well in Japan, of course with the culturally different lifestyle those guys live.

In America, I can guarantee you the so called hardcore rpger (thats an oxymorn btw lol) will pick up FFX over person 4 anyday.

And according to wikipedia based on stats. Wheres Person 4?

The top ten best-selling PlayStation 2 video games.

1. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (17.33 million approximately)
    2. Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec (14.89 million approximately: 7.14 million in North America, 1.89 million in Japan, 5.85 in Europe)[94]
    3. Gran Turismo 4 (10.76 million approximately: 2.97 million in North America, 6.36 in Europe, 1.26 in Japan)[94]
    4. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (9.21 million approximately: 8.2 million in US,[19] 410,293 in Japan,[105] 600,000 in UK)[36]
    5. Grand Theft Auto III (7.509 million approximately: 6.55 million in US,[19] 358,917 in Japan,[105] 600,000 in UK)[36]
    6. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (7 million)[106]
    7. Final Fantasy X (6.6 million) [107]
    8. Final Fantasy XII (5.2 million approximately: 2.4 million in Japan,[108] 1.7 million in US,[19] 1.1 million in Europe;[109] 5.2 million shipped)[110]
    9. Kingdom Hearts (4.68 million approximately: 3.45 million in US,[19] 1.23 million in Japan;[48] 5.9 million shipped including Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Ultimate Hits)[111]
    10. Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (4.44 million approximately: 3.6 million in Japan,[48][112] 410,000 in Europe,[113] 430,000 in North America;[114] 4.88 million shipped)

Kinda true. If I didn't chance upon a review of Persona, I probably would've played Shin Budokan 2 over and over even if its camera was kinda crappy.

Keep that sissy name calling shit out of this. Stick to facts.

Also hardcore rpg player? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifJ7Ndi-pmU

Err maybe we aren't talking about the same game. FFX was a lot more complex and overall had a better storyline. Not to contradict myself but serious, Persona 4 is like for the children market. FFX as far as numbers has sold well over 4.4 million copies world wide. Looking up stats for Persona, it only did well in Japan, of course with the culturally different lifestyle those guys live.

In America, I can guarantee you the so called hardcore rpger (thats an oxymorn btw lol) will pick up FFX over person 4 anyday.

And according to wikipedia based on stats. Wheres Person 4?

The top ten best-selling PlayStation 2 video games.

1. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (17.33 million approximately)
    2. Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec (14.89 million approximately: 7.14 million in North America, 1.89 million in Japan, 5.85 in Europe)[94]
    3. Gran Turismo 4 (10.76 million approximately: 2.97 million in North America, 6.36 in Europe, 1.26 in Japan)[94]
    4. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (9.21 million approximately: 8.2 million in US,[19] 410,293 in Japan,[105] 600,000 in UK)[36]
    5. Grand Theft Auto III (7.509 million approximately: 6.55 million in US,[19] 358,917 in Japan,[105] 600,000 in UK)[36]
    6. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (7 million)[106]
    7. Final Fantasy X (6.6 million) [107]
    8. Final Fantasy XII (5.2 million approximately: 2.4 million in Japan,[108] 1.7 million in US,[19] 1.1 million in Europe;[109] 5.2 million shipped)[110]
    9. Kingdom Hearts (4.68 million approximately: 3.45 million in US,[19] 1.23 million in Japan;[48] 5.9 million shipped including Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Ultimate Hits)[111]
    10. Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (4.44 million approximately: 3.6 million in Japan,[48][112] 410,000 in Europe,[113] 430,000 in North America;[114] 4.88 million shipped)
    Well, I dunno. FFX and XII are just right by each other and I can't say a lot of things positive about FFXII.

One thing I noticed. Another game that is aimed at the hardcore gamer audience is Guilty Gear. It's a great game, but I've always hated how it was overshadowed by the DBZ Tenkaichi series or other "Mainstream" fighters. But then agian thats just how underground games work I guess
    "I'm gonna drop a double cup on your tennis balls!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kyosuke View Post
    One thing I noticed. Another game that is aimed at the hardcore gamer audience is Guilty Gear. It's a great game, but I've always hated how it was overshadowed by the DBZ Tenkaichi series or other "Mainstream" fighters. But then agian thats just how underground games work I guess
    Guilty Gear is a good game I give you that. I remember making a mugen with pretty much most of the characters off that game.

Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    Well, I dunno. FFX and XII are just right by each other and I can't say a lot of things positive about FFXII.
    yea, can't speak much for that either. Glad I rented that shit first. But in Japan it received good reviews. In America... meh.