Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    SGKK Fansubs

These guys will pick up Bleach but we will have to see if it's any good after their first translation..

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenix View Post
    SGKK Fansubs

These guys will pick up Bleach but we will have to see if it's any good after their first translation..
    yeah lets see how good of a job they do. damn crunchyroll like i said before i wish diarrhea upon all of them.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

2 words --- > sorry guys.
    What's up Motherf*ckers?!...

Quote Originally Posted by joshecalpoly View Post
    Ill agree with that I said many of the subs, DB is one of the few dependable fan sub sites. Unfortunately Ive seen bad subs done by fans including ones that only sub half the words or are just completely broken. DB was the best but I still think the officials have improved over the last 5 years.

Ill admit that the Almighty Push made my teeth cringe. Many fan subs called it God's range conquering the heavens (although they really didnt need a translation like the rasengan.) I saw one say god's net subjugates. Truth be told there are many different translations of this because shinra is not a commonly used word in the japanese language. I think these were still better then Almighty Push.

The worst thing about official subs is we will probably miss inappropriate language more often then not. This means only certain subs will be taken and they will be cleaned up to prevent underaged kids from watching something they think they should not. I think the Almighty Push is a result of the attack on inappropriate language because for some reason even though they allowed Pain to refer to himself as God they didnt want his attacks to be a reference to god.
    Haha, it took some time for me to realize you were talking about Naruto. Haven't read/seen it in years. I don't have the ability to gain access to Crunchyroll subs because I live in Sweden, but I don't think it will make any difference. Swedish subs are actually pretty good, but because there is so low market value over here, I doubt they will import Bleach anime. There is a translation going on the manga though, which is unfortunately completely horrible, but that's mostly because of the company that bought it in -.- All of their translators are pretty horrible, as opposed to alternative sources for some odd reason. That's monopoly for ya.

The thing with Japanese is that it is incredibly hard to translate because of the ambuigity of many words, and because it simply doesn't follow a grammatical structure that makes it easy to translate. Plus many words don't even have a direct translation. I really think it is best to leave proper nouns untranslated though and then just add an attempt at translation in a footnote somewhere. That way you solve the problem quite easily. Why making it harder than it is? Just let getsuga tensho be called getsuga tensho than pondering whether it is called heavenly claws slicing fang or some variant of it.

However, mature language isn't really an issue in Bleach. I mean, the worst thing I can currently think of are phrases like "deme wa...!" and "nandatto?!" (Your...! and What the...?!) and the like. Because it's a kids show in Japan they have automatically censored the language too. I agree it's a problem for more mature shows though.

#1 Crunchyroll has already taken Naruto and ruined the Sippuden! Now They want to take Bleach!!!!! It makes me sick! Not over my dead body!!!!!!!! I want to kick Crunchyrolls assterisk! Who's with me!

Ichigo2Join_Akatsuki tensa zangetsu's Avatar
    i dont get it , over time isnt the subbing supposed to get better, i remember bak in da day bleach first arc they had like black shading around cool font, it looked real god, and they always had that writing on top of the screen that helped out and made SPECIAL abilities that much more...SPECIAL
    http://cheeseboy18193.deviantart.com/art/Hollow-Ichigo-Tiem-118848371
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he never existed

Give a man a fish you feed him for a day
    Teach a man to fish you feed him for life

Quote Originally Posted by tensa zangetsu View Post
    i dont get it , over time isnt the subbing supposed to get better, i remember bak in da day bleach first arc they had like black shading around cool font, it looked real god, and they always had that writing on top of the screen that helped out and made SPECIAL abilities that much more...SPECIAL
    The subs now are more elegant, IMO. I didn't like the black shadding thing at all..it was too childish, and sometimes it really scretched my nerves.
    But for at the top of the screen thing, I agree..that was good.

Ichigo2Join_Akatsuki tensa zangetsu's Avatar
    of course there is a alternative, we all learn japanese, its strange isnt it, wev all been watching bleach naruto and god knows how many other animes for along time now (3 years for me personally) and the only words i know are sayanara, temme (bastard) and nanda (what the) lol strange enit, i woudl of thought il b learning a few phrases by now -
    http://cheeseboy18193.deviantart.com/art/Hollow-Ichigo-Tiem-118848371
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he never existed

Give a man a fish you feed him for a day
    Teach a man to fish you feed him for life