Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Veteran Member Himura Battousai's Avatar
    Im trapped in Kakashis Kamui jutsu with Deidaras arm

Do you watch Bleach? Then you better read this.

Well it seems Dattebayos time with Bleach might be coming to an end. Crunchyroll plans to collect signatures through a petition and send them to Viz media in hopes of getting Bleach. I highly doubt this is a troll because theres a link going to Crunchyrolls signature collection page.

http://dattebayo.com/pr/134

Fortunately this wont effect Bleach but with this they are slowly killing fan subs and soon we wont be able to see certain new anime until it reaches a certain height in popularity. The truth when Naruto became legally streamed it actually got easier to find but a little slower to be released.

Still the quality of Hulu and Crunchyroll are generally better then many of the fan subs out there they just dont always offer the ability to see any anime we choose some animes may never even be released, and thats the main problem.
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT

Quote Originally Posted by joshecalpoly View Post
    Still the quality of Hulu and Crunchyroll are generally better then many of the fan subs out there they just dont always offer the ability to see any anime we choose some animes may never even be released, and thats the main problem.
    You mean the quality of translation? Like "Almighty Push"?

Appearance of Darkness Aga bomBa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joshecalpoly View Post
    Fortunately this wont effect Bleach but with this they are slowly killing fan subs and soon we wont be able to see certain new anime until it reaches a certain height in popularity. The truth when Naruto became legally streamed it actually got easier to find but a little slower to be released.

Still the quality of Hulu and Crunchyroll are generally better then many of the fan subs
    out there they just dont always offer the ability to see any anime we choose some animes may never even be released, and thats the main problem.
    .. dude, wtf are you talking about? their translations are simple BULLSHIT!!!

- No fckin " Allmighty Push ", just SHINRA TENSEI.. with in the middle upper place of your screen a small translation of what Shinra Tensei means; Devil God's Heavenly Retribution

That my friend, is the best way for entertaining true fans like most of us.. fans like us who read quality fans subs, for example; TAKA.
    Last edited by Aga bomBa; 05-30-2010 at 09:30 PM.
    ... You're Dead 2 Me Now ...

I frankly don't see how ANY official sub could beat DB. They are just one of the best sub groups out there along with KAA imo. That's the problem with these large corporations. They don't fucking get that because fansubs do their subbing freely usually, and because there's so much competition between the groups, especially with regards to popular shows like Bleach, the quality MUST BE BETTER THAN ANYTHING THE MARKET CAN OFFER or the fans simply won't be satisfied. And since the more popular a group is the more animes they get to sub, it's needed for them to maintain a good quality or no one will view them and their work will be pointless. With large corporations people get paid to do a half-assed job in comparison, and by monopolizing the market they don't give a shit about quality unfortunately. The only thing which I can argue for is more official sub groups which could potentially improve the quality, but since it seems Westerners are still of the idea that anime is equal to cartoons and cartoons is low quality art, they just don't seem to bother. Logic = nofollow.

tl;dr I am fucking pissed over this.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    I frankly don't see how ANY official sub could beat DB. They are just one of the best sub groups out there along with KAA imo. That's the problem with these large corporations. They don't fucking get that because fansubs do their subbing freely usually, and because there's so much competition between the groups, especially with regards to popular shows like Bleach, the quality MUST BE BETTER THAN ANYTHING THE MARKET CAN OFFER or the fans simply won't be satisfied. And since the more popular a group is the more animes they get to sub, it's needed for them to maintain a good quality or no one will view them and their work will be pointless. With large corporations people get paid to do a half-assed job in comparison, and by monopolizing the market they don't give a shit about quality unfortunately. The only thing which I can argue for is more official sub groups which could potentially improve the quality, but since it seems Westerners are still of the idea that anime is equal to cartoons and cartoons is low quality art, they just don't seem to bother. Logic = nofollow.

tl;dr I am fucking pissed over this.
    Ill agree with that I said many of the subs, DB is one of the few dependable fan sub sites. Unfortunately Ive seen bad subs done by fans including ones that only sub half the words or are just completely broken. DB was the best but I still think the officials have improved over the last 5 years.

Ill admit that the Almighty Push made my teeth cringe. Many fan subs called it God's range conquering the heavens (although they really didnt need a translation like the rasengan.) I saw one say god's net subjugates. Truth be told there are many different translations of this because shinra is not a commonly used word in the japanese language. I think these were still better then Almighty Push.

The worst thing about official subs is we will probably miss inappropriate language more often then not. This means only certain subs will be taken and they will be cleaned up to prevent underaged kids from watching something they think they should not. I think the Almighty Push is a result of the attack on inappropriate language because for some reason even though they allowed Pain to refer to himself as God they didnt want his attacks to be a reference to god.
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT

Why in the hell does Crunchyroll want to ruin Bleach for me. They did it with Naruto and now this WTF man. I really hope they don't get to 100,000 signatures for that petition. I wish DIARRHEA on them so bad.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

Veteran Member Himura Battousai's Avatar
    Im trapped in Kakashis Kamui jutsu with Deidaras arm
    Crunchyroll needs a serious beatdown.

http://dattebayo.com/pr/135

it's official, no more bleach from DB..

Quote Originally Posted by RogueDreamer View Post
    http://dattebayo.com/pr/135

it's official, no more bleach from DB..
    SH**!
    Spoiler!