Thread: Angel Beats

Angel Beats

Didn't see another thread for this so I thought i'd start one.

I picked this show up a couple weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised.

Anidb description: A mixed media project originally conceived by Maeda Jun with original character design by Na-Ga, from Visual Art's/Key.

In a world after death, angels fight for their fate and their future. Yuri, the leader of the Shinda Sekai Sensen, rebels against the god who destined her to have an unreasonable life. On the otherhand, Tenshi, the chairperson of the student council for the world after death, battles against the SSS members. SSS members utilize armed weaponry to battle it out against the angels harnessing supernatural powers.

It's got some good comedy moments, decent fights and a Terminator Loli so if you're bored you should check it out.

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    I'm really liking it so far. The humor balances with the action and tragedy so well. It's in the running for my favorite Key series, though I won't know for sure until it's finished.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Angel Beats! is a 13-episode Japanese anime television series produced by P.A. Works and Aniplex and directed by Seiji Kishi.In a world after death, angels fight for their fate and their future.The Guild is purposefully destroyed after Angel infiltrates the compound,but the Guild members relocate to the old Guild location, which Angel does not know about.

I just finished this Anime during the Blizzard that just hit NYC and I got to say it easily became one of my top fav Animes I ever watched, probably is to be honest. Disappointed that really can't continue since the story pretty much tied all the loose ends. It really didn't turn out to anything what I was expecting, everyone was amping it up when it first came out, figured it was another action fan service anime. How some of the quick reviews explaining what it is I read really didn't even catch what this anime is about. Turns out it had one hell of a story line, yeah it had your comedy and action too, good humor at that but the mysterious feel to it keeps you curious and entertain. I like the whole concept of it too rebelling against God because how their pass lives were, the ending was probably one of the best endings I seen for its type of short anime.

If you haven't watched Angel Beats! I suggest you do, only 13 episodes you will only regret not watching it sooner like me.