Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 66

Thread: BP Live Stream

  1. #21
    六代目火影仙人 Rokudaime Sennin ™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Searching for a Path to one Peace!
    Posts
    4,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigunflame View Post
    If you have a few minutes, take a gander at this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHmhxpQEGPo
    gotta love Rachel. Prolly the only journalist in history to have a P.H.D. and be a Rhodes Scholar from Oxford as well. She illustrated really nicely how greed and oil production in deeper wells has gone up disproportionately to the safety nets and regulations required for that kind of drilling. Interesting to note, that this all coincided with the reagan administration. I mean this doesn't happen with any of the norwegian drilling rigs which are in alot more hostile waters and at similar depths.

    @HB, I wasn't trolling. It was political satire, there's a difference. I'm very well aware of the risks of a nuclear bomb, let's face it, it's not gonna happen. Only way it can even be plausible is if the Alabama whales start dying. As Rachel pointed out, it's going to go on till they put up the relief wells, which'll be anywhere from 2 months or longer. So it's not like there's anything much any of us can do except just stay updated. Obama can't do much either, (except the nuclear option) I'm just getting sick of all the retards on T.V asking why hasn't he stopped it yet. If you really wanna help, check out the vid below and go sign the petition or something.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRvOOHxusrg

    Hay works pretty well too, youtube oil spill solutions. A combination of that substance along with Hay should remove least 25% of the oil that's been leaked so far just in the first month. It's far better than chemical dispersants.

  2. #22
    六代目火影仙人 Rokudaime Sennin ™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Searching for a Path to one Peace!
    Posts
    4,915

    Bumpity Bump

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/03/us/03nuke.html

    Nuke option has no support from U.S. :(
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!


    Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

  3. #23
    ɹǝʎʍɐן Я I Hand Banana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hall of fame
    Posts
    5,359
    Quote Originally Posted by ·Rokudaime Sennin· ™ View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/03/us/03nuke.html

    Nuke option has no support from U.S. :(
    Of course we don't want to nuke. Do you realize how much poison we will be putting in the waters? That shit would be even more than what the oil is doing. Do your brain not comprehend that shit man?

    This was made clear in the article also now that I read it.

    Government and private nuclear experts agreed that using a nuclear bomb would be not only risky technically, with unknown and possibly disastrous consequences from radiation, but also unwise geopolitically — it would violate arms treaties that the United States has signed and championed over the decades and do so at a time when President Obama is pushing for global nuclear disarmament.
    Last edited by Hand Banana; 06-03-2010 at 03:46 PM.

  4. #24
    Senior Member kuroihikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,622
    Next time ask BP to build an oil well in Pyongyang.

  5. #25
    ɹǝʎʍɐן Я I Hand Banana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hall of fame
    Posts
    5,359
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    Next time ask BP to build an oil well in Pyongyang.
    Kim would just accidentally shoot a missile at it and dare us not to retaliate or he'll fire at us.

  6. #26
    六代目火影仙人 Rokudaime Sennin ™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Searching for a Path to one Peace!
    Posts
    4,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Of course we don't want to nuke. Do you realize how much poison we will be putting in the waters? That shit would be even more than what the oil is doing. Do your brain not comprehend that shit man?

    This was made clear in the article also now that I read it.
    :

    What about a ten tails bijuu chakra blast? That should do the job right? I mean without worrying about any radiation, now if only we could get Madara to speed things up a bit.

    Relax HB, I'm not really calling for a nukular blast, lol, as much fun as it would've been to see it on camera

    Anyways, i was reading an article on HGTV about a new technology, flexible solar panels that surround much of the house. We need to invest alot more money in that technology to make it more accessible for homeowners to upgrade to those. Imagine a whole house covered with solar panels, at all angles that can get sunlight from dawn till dusk. Every house should have solar panels, and instead of using solar panels for large scale uses, which would be far too expensive, we need to use solar thermal farms which use mirrors to direct sunlight towards the center where either the air heats up in a giant funnel and as it rises it spins the generators or where water is heated in large tanks which produce steam.

    The Sun is our answer to all of our future energy needs, period. Along with other renewables and nuclear (fission but preferably fusion).

    It all goes back to the old 4 elements principle in chinese and japanese cultures. Wind, Water, Earth, Fire.

    Wind = wind turbines
    water = tidal wave energy, hydroelectric, or Hydrogen fuel cells which require ocean water.
    Earth = biofuels from corn, sugarcane, cellulosic switchgrass, algae and geothermal
    Fire = The Sun, (either solar panels or thermal farms), and nuclear would fit in this category as well I guess.

    If only we could get the Congress to pass the United States Water, Earth, Wind, & Fire Energy Act of 2010, but the damn republicans.

    And this is funny. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_598977.html
    Sarah Palin is blaming the environmentalists for the disaster, do you agree with her logic?
    Last edited by Rokudaime Sennin ™; 06-03-2010 at 06:01 PM.

  7. #27
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,933
    I am not too opposed to the Nuclear option for the following reasons:

    1) If the explosion is deep enough, the radioactivity will be confined underground.

    2) The amount of environmental damage from the bomb, even if radiation leaks, will be Insignificant compared compared with what is happening and would happen, if the oil leak is not contained soon.

    Bear in mind that the actual radiation released from past air blasts, and ocean blasts, have quickly returned to background levels.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  8. #28
    ɹǝʎʍɐן Я I Hand Banana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hall of fame
    Posts
    5,359
    Quote Originally Posted by ·Rokudaime Sennin· ™ View Post
    :

    What about a ten tails bijuu chakra blast? That should do the job right? I mean without worrying about any radiation, now if only we could get Madara to speed things up a bit.

    Relax HB, I'm not really calling for a nukular blast, lol, as much fun as it would've been to see it on camera

    Anyways, i was reading an article on HGTV about a new technology, flexible solar panels that surround much of the house. We need to invest alot more money in that technology to make it more accessible for homeowners to upgrade to those. Imagine a whole house covered with solar panels, at all angles that can get sunlight from dawn till dusk. Every house should have solar panels, and instead of using solar panels for large scale uses, which would be far too expensive, we need to use solar thermal farms which use mirrors to direct sunlight towards the center where either the air heats up in a giant funnel and as it rises it spins the generators or where water is heated in large tanks which produce steam.

    The Sun is our answer to all of our future energy needs, period. Along with other renewables and nuclear (fission but preferably fusion).

    It all goes back to the old 4 elements principle in chinese and japanese cultures. Wind, Water, Earth, Fire.

    Wind = wind turbines
    water = tidal wave energy, hydroelectric, or Hydrogen fuel cells which require ocean water.
    Earth = biofuels from corn, sugarcane, cellulosic switchgrass, algae and geothermal
    Fire = The Sun, (either solar panels or thermal farms), and nuclear would fit in this category as well I guess.

    If only we could get the Congress to pass the United States Water, Earth, Wind, & Fire Energy Act of 2010, but the damn republicans.

    And this is funny. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_598977.html
    Sarah Palin is blaming the environmentalists for the disaster, do you agree with her logic?
    I don't agree with anything you say. And Huffington post is so left wing minded its disgusting.

  9. #29
    六代目火影仙人 Rokudaime Sennin ™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Searching for a Path to one Peace!
    Posts
    4,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    I don't agree with anything you say. And Huffington post is so left wing minded its disgusting.
    LOL. What's wrong with what I said? And about HP, What can ya say, Truth has a Liberal Bias, however the site itself has become retarded and full of trolls. May I ask how do you define your views?

  10. #30
    ɹǝʎʍɐן Я I Hand Banana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hall of fame
    Posts
    5,359
    Do you even live in America? Or are you making assumptions based on an outside view and other's opinions rather than experiences you garnered? Solar Power only works for small Countries and those who don't depend on much energy consumption.

    And you would save more money switching to energy saver compliance windows, washer machines, and toliets in your home faster than installing solar panels in your homes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •