Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: BP Live Stream

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

So, is your government really gonna nuke that oil spill?

Prolly not. Odrama is being a puss right now. BP keeps throwing out ideas and Obama is like, "Ok, but it better work. Please!"

The Russians have used this technique 2xce as far as I know. My hope is that something should better work soon, because if this drags on for another month, we'd then end up having to use a nuke in the end.

BP won't have enough money to cover all the damage....(bankruptcy?) And Obama won't politically survive another month of Oil spills.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    The Russians have used this technique 2xce as far as I know. My hope is that something should better work soon, because if this drags on for another month, we'd then end up having to use a nuke in the end.

BP won't have enough money to cover all the damage....(bankruptcy?) And Obama won't politically survive another month of Oil spills.
    The russians prolly used the nukular bomb without even trying any other methods first. LOL.

BP is gonna be fine, they got too much cash on their hands. Even if the oil spill lasts over a year, they'll still be fine unless people start boycotting their gas stations in the U.S., only then will they feel any pain.

And I agree, he won't survive another month of this, I see early resignation maybe in late summer. Obama is like the worst president ever, so f**kin lazy. Why hasn't he walked on top of the oil spill and turned it into wine yet? I mean fishes love grape juice.

Those BP people are just like you and me. One of my college friend works for that company and he is worried about losing his job over this debacle. The executives aren't going to lose any money, only the rest of the company starting with the people at the bottom of the totem pole.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Quote Originally Posted by ·Rokudaime Sennin· ™ View Post
    The russians prolly used the nukular bomb without even trying any other methods first. LOL.

BP is gonna be fine, they got too much cash on their hands. Even if the oil spill lasts over a year, they'll still be fine unless people start boycotting their gas stations in the U.S., only then will they feel any pain.

And I agree, he won't survive another month of this, I see early resignation maybe in late summer. Obama is like the worst president ever, so f**kin lazy. Why hasn't he walked on top of the oil spill and turned it into wine yet? I mean fishes love grape juice.
    There are times for trolling. This isn't one of them. Look if you have nothing positive to say fall back. This isn't something of a Naruto Theory you can make light of. If they do decide to really nuke the oil rig, the blast would cause a Tsunami that could wipe half of Alabama off the map. A fission bomb would leave a lot of radiation.

The sad part about BP is they are more concerned for gather the lost oil rather then trying to truly fix the leak.

In a telephone conference call with reporters yesterday, Doug Suttles, the chief operating officer for BP exploration and production, said blasting around the well was "not an option we believe we would ever use," because once done, "we would have denied ourselves all other options."

A former senior analyst with the White House Office of Science and Technology, Rich Pryor, favors using multiple, simultaneous explosions to pinch the leaking pipe closed rather than a nuke to bury it. The nuclear physicist told WND there are several good ideas available to BP, but they include sacrificing the Deepwater Horizon.

"That may be the reason [for BP's hesitation]," Pryor told WND. "Once you pinch the pipe, it's done; it will shut down the well."

BP, however, has insisted its resistance is based on the use of explosives, not a desire to salvage the well. Suttles told reporters earlier this month BP has conceded the need to "permanently plug" the gushing well and has "absolutely no intent to ever, ever produce this well."
    Personally, I would save blasting as the last resort; because, what happens if it doesn't work? Would you then have an even larger leak than before?

The best idea I've seen BP propose yet (and fail to understand why they didn't attempt first) is to remove the bop & shear the pipe clean and place another bop (working one) directly on top.

However, it is my understanding that they are now going to try and shear the pipe above the bop and use a riser (again) to siphon off the oil. We know this failed the first time, due to the escaping gasses freezing at the bottom of the ocean.. and clogging up the "pipe". They say this time, they will pump warm ocean water down into the riser @ the same time, which hopefully will prevent the freezing from taking place.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigunflame View Post
    Personally, I would save blasting as the last resort; because, what happens if it doesn't work? Would you then have an even larger leak than before?

The best idea I've seen BP propose yet (and fail to understand why they didn't attempt first) is to remove the bop & shear the pipe clean and place another bop (working one) directly on top.

However, it is my understanding that they are now going to try and shear the pipe above the bop and use a riser (again) to siphon off the oil. We know this failed the first time, due to the escaping gasses freezing at the bottom of the ocean.. and clogging up the "pipe". They say this time, they will pump warm ocean water down into the riser @ the same time, which hopefully will prevent the freezing from taking place.

We all hope (and pray that it will work). And you're right, Nuke would be a last resort. Depending on how deep the shaft/well is (the deeper the better), a Nuke will always work

If you have a few minutes, take a gander at this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHmhxpQEGPo