Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thorofasgard13 View Post
    But that would mean that he went senile and forgot what he was supposed to be doing...
    Yes that would be a quite entertaining twist

Shut up and come with me!

Quote Originally Posted by psukkar View Post
    Hey banana, you again. Lol stoping even looking at forums lol, not willing to say anything with meaning, then don't say anything at all. And how are old are u exactly? And I think you cltr V that post because Ive seen you type in other places aswell. It seems you go around posting that for the yell of it. I gotta admit its a good way to rack up the post count.
    1) Proper English. And it's not my first language excusable. It wasn't mine either.
    2) There's no need for me to say anything. It was already answered.
    3) I'm 25. Is there a certain age limit I was supposed to stop reading manga? Because you do know the people that make the manga are far older than me.
    4) And ctrl-v what image? The image in my sig? You do know you can use the [img] tag to put any picture you want in your sig space right?
    5) LOL fuck post count. As if that shit means anything. I can easily have all my post removed, (again) and start anew.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    1) Proper English. And it's not my first language excusable. It wasn't mine either.
    3) I'm 25. Is there a certain age limit I was supposed to stop reading manga? Because you do know the people that make the manga are far older than me.
    4) And ctrl-v what image? The image in my sig? You do know you can use the [img] tag to put any picture you want in your sig space right?
    5) LOL fuck post count. As if that shit means anything. I can easily have all my post removed, (again) and start anew.
    I was touch typing pretty fast at the time and I didn't really care about grammar/spelling for that particular post. And if you have seen my other threads you would have noticed I'm reasonably strong in English, try looking at "Shadow clone training method" thread for example. Again this is another one of your valiant attempts to be a smart ass.

I very surprised your 25, you sound like your in the 13-16 age bracket given your childish behavior.

You also don't understand why I brought up the whole post count thing. Basically I was really surprised that you have posted 4500+ posts which should demonstrate experience in discussion with people and knowledge about the Naruto series and yet you seem to post childish smart ass posts for no reason. Usually guys with high post counts set an example and welcome opinions from other forum members especially new comers. This way you set a pleasant environment for people to discuss ideas. You don't seem to do that at all, in fact the opposite you seem to put down anything you see. And this isn't the first time either, I've noticed you do this in a lot other threads as well.

So to sum up, the only way I could explain this phenomena.

1) You have lied about your age.
    2) You control V'ed (in windows, this is "paste") a lot of posts to tally up the post count to gives us the illusion of a experienced and knowledgeable individual on this forum.

By the way did you like my spelling and grammar in this post?

I was touch typing pretty fast at the time and I didn't really care about grammar/spelling for that particular post. And if you have seen my other threads you would have noticed I'm reasonably strong in English, try looking at "Shadow clone training method" thread for example. Again this is another one of your valiant attempts to be a smart ass.

I very surprised your 25, you sound like your in the 13-16 age bracket given your childish behavior.

You also don't understand why I brought up the whole post count thing. Basically I was really surprised that you have posted 4500+ posts which should demonstrate experience in discussion with people and knowledge about the Naruto series and yet you seem to post childish smart ass posts for no reason. Usually guys with high post counts set an example and welcome opinions from other forum members especially new comers. This way you set a pleasant environment for people to discuss ideas. You don't seem to do that at all, in fact the opposite you seem to put down anything you see. And this isn't the first time either, I've noticed you do this in a lot other threads as well.

2) You control V'ed (in windows, this is "paste") a lot of posts to tally up the post count to gives us the illusion of a experienced and knowledgeable individual on this forum.

Im sorry but Hand Banana's posts lighten up the forum, every forum needs someone to rip people's threads apart. It makes people then try harder as they know if they mess up, the Hand Banana is gonna eat them. So what he is doing is getting people to post theories worth reading. Please use more logic in your posts when your not reffering to naruto.

Also i noticed that you said he's 13-16, yet your the one who started this prefectic argument, do you think getting annoyed at someone's post is showing your maturity? Grow up, its not like you have to pay attention to his posts.
    ~Hatake kakashi, The leagendary copy ninja

Lately I have been thinking about sage mode and it's orgins and something intresting came to my attention when I did some extra manga reading on sage mode and the toads.

ONLY 4 shinobi have used sage mode, this is quite staggering. Naruto and Jiraiya are sages of recent times the only other two sages are Ma and Pa frog and they are approx 800 years old. So at least 800 years has past until the next two sages appeared (Naruto and Jiraiya). As you can see there's a very short list to the sage club. Note there's alot of shinobi that have failed in the past,all the frog stone statues at toad mountain.

So far all we know about sage mode is you need large amounts of chakra AND guts. There must have been shinobi in the past with those attriubes and yet so many have failed. Not even many toads can use sage mode, only Pa and Ma frog can use it so a Toad contract deosn't increase the chances either.

There must be unquie requirement to use sage mode simular to bloodline limits, only time will tell.

Some people are thiniking that Sage mode is a bloodline limit but there has been 4 sages all of which are not genetically related. So bloodline limit is not a good way to describe this rareity in the history of Naruto.

Another possible theory going around is, maybe just like how a shinobi has an affinty to a certain nature element like wind, a shinobi may need an affinity to Natural energy to use sage mode. This could explain why only 4 shinobi in the history of Naruto have used sage mode.

This quite intresting and I'm hoping Kishi elabotrates more about Sage Mode's orgin.
    I can't disagree much with what you've said, although there may have been more than 4 sages. Anyway there have been only 4 Confirmed Sage, and they are the ones you've mentioned.

What really Bamboozles me is that Yondaime is not mentioned as a Sage, Kishimoto might have some motive for this silence either as a Sage or Not.

For me there are three possibilities:

1) Yondaime Just simply didn't have the Chakra Levels (disappointing).

2) He had such super techniques, he (or Jiraiya) never really thought he needed the boost.

3) He was a Sage, but Kishi never mentioned it yet.

The Picture above proves nothing, but it offers tantalizing hope that Yondaime might have been a Sage too.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

5, Ogama Sennin. Admittedly, the name itself is the only evidence for such.
    Last edited by Trigunflame; 06-24-2010 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigunflame View Post
    5, Ogama Sennin. Admittedly, the name itself is the only evidence for such.
    Hey, I missed that, any quick reference?

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Hey, I missed that, any quick reference?
    Ogama Sennin would be the big toad in Mount Myoboku (the one who told Jiraiya about the prophecy and whatnot)

(From here)

Great Toad Sage (大ガマ仙人, Ōgama Sennin)

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    The Japanese term sennin is a loanword from Chinese xiānrén 仙人 "immortal person", known also as xian "immortal; transcendent; genie; mage; djinn; sage; hermit" in Daoism.
    Liu Hai carrying a Chan Chu (three legged toad)

Sennin is a common Japanese character name. For example, Ikkaku Sennin (一角仙人 "One-horned Immortal") was a Noh play by Komparu Zenchiku (金春禅竹, 1405–1471). The Japanese legend of Gama Sennin (蝦蟇仙人 "Toad Immortal") is based upon Chinese Liu Hai (劉海), a fabled 10th-century alchemist who learned the secret of immortality from the Chan Chu ("Three-legged Money Toad").

It would seem in Naruto, a "Sage" (仙人, Sennin) is someone who "Can" utilize Senjutsu (仙術, Sage Techniques) - generally speaking, that is; Rikudo Sennin was a likely exception.

Alas, one could probably argue that within the context of this particular character (Ōgama Sennin), the title of "Sage" is solely in reference to his being thousands of years old and as consequence, very wise.

I however, would like to "think" he can use Senjutsu if he wanted.

SIMS for short >:] StareIntoMySharingan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post

lol, how i miss these..

on topic: i hope you guys know sasuke is also proficient in senjutsu, though he seems to prefer using his uchiha heritage, the sharingan.
    And witness the sparkle within this world of darkness.
    http://mangashare.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic54294_1.gif