Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Megaman

Quote Originally Posted by Stev3child View Post
    lol yes I had trouble with Chill Penguin when i was 4 years old.
    Playing as Zero was more difficult, which is why I prefer his playstyle too.
    X is such a fag sometimes with his pacifist BS. He has a gun for a hand. Kinda ironic.
    Those voices were epic fails. Even the in game voices wer annoying. "power shot!" made me not want to do charge shots anymore(and that's why I did a buster only, no charge run).

Speaking of that, what's your biggest triumph in the games?
    Hm, greatest achievements?

I'd say beating Megaman 8 in a day goes up there, but it is without a doubt the easiest Megaman title in the series.

Beating the original Megaman Zero goes up there too, game was way harder than I expected. Getting through any vehicle parts are usually pretty tough too.

When I was a kid and finally beat all the robot masters in Megman X I felt all accomplished, then Zero died (for the first of many times) and I was super bummed till he gives you that sweet power-up which makes all your abilities level up.

Then I proceeded to fool around with all of the new powers and die an undisclosed amount of times. I have lots of good memories from the original.

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trilight View Post
    Hm, greatest achievements?

I'd say beating Megaman 8 in a day goes up there, but it is without a doubt the easiest Megaman title in the series.

Beating the original Megaman Zero goes up there too, game was way harder than I expected. Getting through any vehicle parts are usually pretty tough too.

When I was a kid and finally beat all the robot masters in Megman X I felt all accomplished, then Zero died (for the first of many times) and I was super bummed till he gives you that sweet power-up which makes all your abilities level up.

Then I proceeded to fool around with all of the new powers and die an undisclosed amount of times. I have lots of good memories from the original.
    Greatest accomplish for me would be surviving about 6 minutes straight with Vile in the first megaman X level(you know, the scripted battle you're supposed to lose). Also finally getting the requirements in battle network 5 to use MegamanxBass cross soul in double team.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

Greatest accomplish for me would be surviving about 6 minutes straight with Vile in the first megaman X level(you know, the scripted battle you're supposed to lose). Also finally getting the requirements in battle network 5 to use MegamanxBass cross soul in double team.
    Surviving that long against Vile is damn impressive. I think he took me out in like 10 seconds.

I really wish I would've got into the Battle Network Series more. I think I only played one on Gamecube and remember it being pretty hard. Not to mention I'm sure the handheld Battle Network Series trounced the console ones.

Battle Network was also the beginning of tolerable voice acting.

You ever play the Megaman Legends Series. There was unfortunately only 2 but they were pretty fun games, and completely unique compared to the originals or X franchises.

Also, is that a Zero Icon you're wearing because it looks sweet. Though I have a sneaking suspicion I've seen it somewhere before
    Last edited by Trilight; 05-07-2010 at 02:25 AM.

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Trilight View Post
    Surviving that long against Vile is damn impressive. I think he took me out in like 10 seconds.

I really wish I would've got into the Battle Network Series more. I think I only played one on Gamecube and remember it being pretty hard. Not to mention I'm sure the handheld Battle Network Series trounced the console ones.

Battle Network was also the beginning of tolerable voice acting.

You ever play the Megaman Legends Series. There was unfortunately only 2 but they were pretty fun games, and completely unique compared to the originals or X franchises.

Also, is that a Zero Icon you're wearing because it looks sweet. Though I have a sneaking suspicion I've seen it somewhere before
    The gamecube one was indeed hard. Gutsman is the kind of boss you need to play in a padded room just so you don't break your controller on a hard surface in a fit of anger.

Legends series had so many amazing moments. Was truly an underrated, underappreciated work of awesomeness.

Oh, I stole this avatar. I'm pretty proud of myself.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

The gamecube one was indeed hard. Gutsman is the kind of boss you need to play in a padded room just so you don't break your controller on a hard surface in a fit of anger.

Legends series had so many amazing moments. Was truly an underrated, underappreciated work of awesomeness.

Oh, I stole this avatar. I'm pretty proud of myself.
    Stev3 you're one heck of an individual you know that

I definitely agree that Legends was an underrated franchise which definitely deserves more love. It's classic games like these that made me love playing Megaman as a kid.

The recent Megaman games really haven't been as good. The Starforce series in particular comes to mind. I've heard ZX isn't half bad but haven't tried it myself.

I still have high hopes for the series, and hope a new gem comes out soon.

Spoiler!

Aww shucks

Not to mention that insufferable cliff hanger that still plagues my life to this day. I really didn't believe it would be more than a decade and still counting of cliff hanger torture.

I despise the starforce series. I really do. ZX on the other hand is very good. Excellent music, fun boss fights and nice artwork. They can never screw up the 2d side scrolling formula XD.

Im just hoping that the megaman drought comes to an end after he release of Zero collection. Especially now that inafune is head of ressearch and development at Capcom, he should have a bit more freedom to work on the projects that he wants to. But I really don't know how that company works.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Beer and Music
    Damn...i remember playing megaman x, i was around...8 or so. That was my first megaman game, snes.

I didn't really play Megaman until Battle Network 2 came out. My younger cousin was playing it, and i asked her what it was, and she let me try it out, i was like..=O so i went to the store the following days and got my copy of bn 2. Been a fan since, that was like...7 or so years ago. I don't quite remember.
    My favorite series is Megaman Zero. It's amazing. the character design, the difficulty, just awesome.

One of the coolest things about Zero's franchise is that you can raise cyber-elves and use them for a bunch of different things. That and the difficulty, which actually makes the games a lot more fun and replayable.

The bosses are memorable too, like that guy who blows himself up and if you're too close you die. That one had me fuming for a while.

I'll most definitely pick up the Zero collection when it comes out.

Juice you're Zero set is slick, now I remember where I saw Steve's avatar. Guessing you had it first though right?

For Shame Steve The Oro avatar's looking good though.

Spoiler!

Top 5 most annoying bosses:

5. Gutsman(Network transmission)
    4. Argoyle & Ugoyle(MMZX(Getting a Gold from them))
    3. MagnetmanSP(BN5Protoman(S rank))
    2. Serrah(Legends 2)
    1. Chill penguin(GRRRRRRRRRRRR X)
    Last edited by Stev3child; 05-07-2010 at 07:38 AM.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Beer and Music
    Trilight@ haha yeah, steve thought it was funny to take it from me, which was pretty funny because i didn't think he would do it. lol

Oh man, the Zero Collection....fapfapfapfapfapfapfap!!!
    Oh yeah, Shadow, one of the guardians...oh man, his battle was enjoyable, what frustrated me was AFTER, where you have to destroy all those bombs...AND THEY GIVE YOU TIME. But yes, all the bosses we're memorable, imo. Especially in part two, where the guardians get a transformation boost, so epic.

Have you played the Megaman Zero zx one? there's two games for that. Also really good and fun.

As for bosses, out of all bosses, the ones i will always remember will be
    Bass.exe bug fragged mode (megaman bn 3)
    Serenade.exe (megaman bn 3)
    Duo (megaman bn 4)
    Elpizo (megaman zero 2)
    Harpuia in both megaman zero 1 and 2
    Fefnir in both megaman zero 1 and 2
    Shadow in megaman zero 1
    That one fucking phoenix in megaman zero 2...:( bastard
    that one tiger in megaman zero 2...://////
    Omega Zero in Megaman zx