Neon Genesis Evangelion
    D:
    Still hate it.

Prince of Tennis
    Still hate it and tennis.

More at
    My Deviantart

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Never really hated any anime before watching it. Maybe only ones where the title sounds complicated or ones where some girl has magical powers and clothes that transform and she has one or two speaking animal friends

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

Full Metal Alchemist: I thought the name was weird.

Full Metal Panic: I thought it was another season of Full Metal Alchemist

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumity: It has a long name so I thought it was going to be boring. I don't know what logic I was using to determine that.

Naruto - Because Naruto looks weird so I thought it wasn't going to be fun.

I thought I'd hate Gurren Lagann before I watched it simply because of how the ganmen looked.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ric_Ganmen.jpg

This thread is about anime you hated until you watched them and then changed your mind, so why are people putting anime that they simply hate?

The first time I really heard about One Piece was when I saw the dub on Saturday morning on some local channel. It was horrible, and though I expected that I couldn't trust the dub script itself, I didn't like what was going on in the show. (It of course turned out later that it had been heavily edited.) I checked out the manga a bit later because a cute girl said she liked the series. I decided to read up on it so we would have something to talk about.

When I first heard about Hikaru no Go and Prince of Tennis, I was amazed that they were popular series. How can playing go and tennis make for an exciting series? Then, of course, I watched the series and really enjoyed them. Prince of Tennis can get kind of annoying when they keep showing people running and hitting the ball and nothing else, but it's still enjoyable, and Hikaru no Go, I was glad, doesn't focus on actually playing the game of go. That definitely would have bored me to death.

I also thought Hellsing was just a pile of vampire crap, popular because people had pointy teeth. Though I didn't love the series, I was surprised at how good it was. Much better Anne Rice's never-ending vampire books.
    All glory to Haruhi! The one and true God!

Quote Originally Posted by shaggyjebus View Post
    I also thought Hellsing was just a pile of vampire crap, popular because people had pointy teeth. Though I didn't love the series, I was surprised at how good it was. Much better Anne Rice's never-ending vampire books.
    i agree with you. the hellsing anime wasn't really that good but the manga is a lot better. i think hellsing ovas has salvaged the shitty reputation the anime gets. back to the point another anime i didn't like before i watched it was samurai champloo. yes i kno i suck but i just thought it was another stupid anime that people thought was good but was really a piece of crap but again i was wrong. after i saw champloo i realized the err of my ways and man champloo was a great anime.

CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    If its about anime that I change my mind about then One Piece would be one, I watched the dub on some early morning cartoon program and was wondering what the hell I was watching. I forgot about it after a while and then when I saw the manga I was hesitant but decided to just try it out, and now not only is it one of my favourites but I will forever hate
    4KIDS for ruining it.

Another would be Fruits Basket, I read the synopsis and thought that watching some anime about people who turned into animals and some homeless girl wouldn't be very entertaining but when I got around to it I found I liked it more then I figured I would. Instead of being a wholly comedic affair about animal transforming people and their fun filled, daily lives, it focused more on how much that kind of life sucked.

Lastly I didn't know if I would like Air Gear or not, I first heard about it watching a trailer for the english dub and I wasn't so excited by the idea, but now as some others can attest, its probably my favourite manga out there.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

Air Gear - God, that sucks so badly D:

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    Lies.

Blasphemy.

:<

Mai-Hime/Otome: downloaded them months and months ago. recently brought myself to watch them. enjoyed it.

Death Note: when I first heard about it(this is around when ep 12 was being released) the prospect of an intellectual anime didn't appeal to me I like the action(Narrr I mean?) then I watched a couple eps and and now its one of my favorite all time animes.