View Poll Results: How Good was it?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1/5

    2 4.00%
  • 2/5

    3 6.00%
  • 3/5

    5 10.00%
  • 4/5

    13 26.00%
  • 5/5

    27 54.00%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 97
  1. #81
    Serial Killer Next Door LeaT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,378
    Well, I don't see then how it would be possible to even remotely effect the hogykyoku without having to channel its powers then? And how do you explain the Rukia event using this model? I don't really see how that makes any sense.

    And I think, one can very well view the hogukyoku as a direct force in that any person who is aware of its existence can direct it into fulfilling one's own desires. I mean, isn't exactly that which Aizen has been doing? But to do this, he had to plan out the events so it would actually be possible. I mean, what would be the whole deal otherwise with the plot so far?
    Avatar and signature by me.

  2. #82
    Senior Member SquadZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    969
    Ok, forget what I stated earlier, I just went and read a couple other translations of the chapter just to get a better idea of what Aizen was talking about. You don't have to channel the powers of the hougyoku to make it work. Aizen stated that by just being in its vicinity one is under its influence. It seems that reiatsu is not necessarily required to make it work as I stated, the "wish" of someone within the hougyoku's vicinity just needs to be possible for that person to attain.

    So lets take for example, the case of Rukia and Ichigo. Contrary to what I stated earlier, it appears that he too was another "miracle" of the hougyoku. Ichigo wanted to protect his family. Rukia, still being guilty of killing kaien(who ichigo resembles) wanted to make it possible for Ichigo to protect his family. Apparently they were within the working vicinity of the hougyoku at this time so it takes ALL of Rukia's powers away(which i still believe was the hougyoku reacting to her guilt) and gives them to Ichigo, which is only possible because Ichigo's dad is a shinigami, thus Ichigo had that potential as well.

    A couple things:

    No one had to make a wish for this stuff to happen, the hougyoku worked it out on its own because it's conscious and reacted to their heart's desires. Thus no controlling is necessary to make it work.

    Chad and Orihime are still a bit of a mystery as to how they got their powers because I don't quite see how they had the possibility in them to get powers. I still theorize that Urahara was partly telling them the truth when giving Ichigo's reiatsu credit. The hougyoku somehow took all that reiatsu and gave Chad and Orihime powers is my working theory on that. They were not turned into shinigami obviously because they did not have it in them for it to be possible for them.

    The hougyoku will work on whoever is in its vicinity whether or not they are aware of its existence as long as their heart's desire is within their own realm of possibility to fulfill.

  3. #83
    Saint Hunter Lord Namvel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    773
    i re-read the chapter and finally understood the concept of the Hougyoku and all, but i still think the idea is all bullsh*t. the fact is, the Hougyoku is insignificant compared to the general overall purpose of this entire story arc.

    which by the way is suppose to be Aizen creating some "Ouken" (royal key) to enter and destroy the Spirit King and Kubo is using this now as a way to make sense of everything that's happened in Bleach since Chapter 1?. sorry, i ain't buying it.

    fact is, since Vol. 23, the story has sucked and the plotline details were are made to keep people reading in hopes of something interesting happened, which is now what's happening now with the grand appearance of Urahara. after, 2 years of fighting i am hoping something finally gets resolved (story wise) next week.

  4. #84
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,484
    Quote Originally Posted by SquadZero View Post
    Chad and Orihime are still a bit of a mystery as to how they got their powers because I don't quite see how they had the possibility in them to get powers. I still theorize that Urahara was partly telling them the truth when giving Ichigo's reiatsu credit. The hougyoku somehow took all that reiatsu and gave Chad and Orihime powers is my working theory on that. They were not turned into shinigami obviously because they did not have it in them for it to be possible for them.

    The hougyoku will work on whoever is in its vicinity whether or not they are aware of its existence as long as their heart's desire is within their own realm of possibility to fulfill.
    I agree that it was ichigo's reiatsu that gave them powers. When he was in shinigami form they were both wishing to become more powerful, werent they? Well, orihime was being attacked, so id have to think she wanted some powers.. its why she has more defensive abilities.. Chad wanted to protect rukia and kill the hollow... I mean, he pretty much wants to protect those around him, take on pain instead of them. Their desires were heard by the hougyaku and it raised the probability of them receiving such powers, to where it was almost certain. I mean, it probably also made it so they would both be attacked by hollows and ichigo would save them in shinigami form and leak reiatsu on them. Well, it raised the probability of that happening.

    It is weird, i admit, though. It doesnt quite force anything to happen, yet it makes it so they will enter a situation where it will happen, if it can.

    Oh, there does seem to be many different translations on it.. O.o It makes me even more ensure if what i was thinking was true. Although it does seem to "guide" them, instead of actually making it happen. So raising the probability could explain why... In a sense, it could create the situation in so that something will happen as they desire. :S Which is what i still believe it does... I mean, it doesnt control anything, just guides, if it can happen.

    Who knows, it might "guide" them even if it cant be accomplished, but it might have a negative outcome if it can't actually happen. Like Aizen turning into a god, he could really just be killed or something because its impossible. Though, its just unlikely that this is also how it works, yet there is nothing against it, yet... that i can recall anyway. Although, thats a very weak argument. XD

  5. #85
    Senior Member King Of Soul Society's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    london
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Namvel View Post
    i re-read the chapter and finally understood the concept of the Hougyoku and all, but i still think the idea is all bullsh*t. the fact is, the Hougyoku is insignificant compared to the general overall purpose of this entire story arc.

    which by the way is suppose to be Aizen creating some "Ouken" (royal key) to enter and destroy the Spirit King and Kubo is using this now as a way to make sense of everything that's happened in Bleach since Chapter 1?. sorry, i ain't buying it.

    fact is, since Vol. 23, the story has sucked and the plotline details were are made to keep people reading in hopes of something interesting happened, which is now what's happening now with the grand appearance of Urahara. after, 2 years of fighting i am hoping something finally gets resolved (story wise) next week.
    couldn't of said it better

    He Who Speaks Without An Attentive Ear Is Mute.

    Originally Posted by halaros536
    shut up you weakling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are just angry because i didnt let you became my SERVANT!!!!!! but icould not accept that because you are too weak to be my servant sorry

  6. #86
    Serial Killer Next Door LeaT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,378
    Quote Originally Posted by SquadZero View Post
    Ok, forget what I stated earlier, I just went and read a couple other translations of the chapter just to get a better idea of what Aizen was talking about. You don't have to channel the powers of the hougyoku to make it work. Aizen stated that by just being in its vicinity one is under its influence. It seems that reiatsu is not necessarily required to make it work as I stated, the "wish" of someone within the hougyoku's vicinity just needs to be possible for that person to attain.

    So lets take for example, the case of Rukia and Ichigo. Contrary to what I stated earlier, it appears that he too was another "miracle" of the hougyoku. Ichigo wanted to protect his family. Rukia, still being guilty of killing kaien(who ichigo resembles) wanted to make it possible for Ichigo to protect his family. Apparently they were within the working vicinity of the hougyoku at this time so it takes ALL of Rukia's powers away(which i still believe was the hougyoku reacting to her guilt) and gives them to Ichigo, which is only possible because Ichigo's dad is a shinigami, thus Ichigo had that potential as well.

    A couple things:

    No one had to make a wish for this stuff to happen, the hougyoku worked it out on its own because it's conscious and reacted to their heart's desires. Thus no controlling is necessary to make it work.

    Chad and Orihime are still a bit of a mystery as to how they got their powers because I don't quite see how they had the possibility in them to get powers. I still theorize that Urahara was partly telling them the truth when giving Ichigo's reiatsu credit. The hougyoku somehow took all that reiatsu and gave Chad and Orihime powers is my working theory on that. They were not turned into shinigami obviously because they did not have it in them for it to be possible for them.

    The hougyoku will work on whoever is in its vicinity whether or not they are aware of its existence as long as their heart's desire is within their own realm of possibility to fulfill.
    Avatar and signature by me.

  7. #87
    Senior Member Yondaime123's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    661
    Kubo finally found a way to give a plot-hole weapon to Aizen. Gj

  8. #88
    Saint Hunter Lord Namvel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    773
    Kubo, just bring back KON. he's the only character that actually makes sense in this whole series period.

    KON!. KON!!.

  9. #89
    probably this maybe discussed but i want to know ur opinions about something. as we know it is stated that when people dies and if they are bad they go to hell, and so far we havent been given even a slightest info or development from hell. what if aizen's big secret army is there? or what if the hell has a taichou class men there maybe the vasto lordes that govern there? just think that a commander captain as strong as yamamoto resides there? and aizen's big plan when attacking to royal guard is to use this force?
    Because we know that there will be one more arc before isshin arc. so this tells us that plot will develop even more. i just wonder what ur opinions are

  10. #90
    Senior Member veLocity-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    289
    Kubo's just gonna ignore the above comment

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •