3 6.00%
  • 3/5

5 10.00%
  • 4/5

13 26.00%
  • 5/5

27 54.00%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    So it was the hougyaku (sp?) that gave chad and orihime powers, and not ichigos overflowing reiatsu?
    The answer to that is both.

The hogukyoku functions in a way that it alters reality into making peoples' wishes come true if it's possible. It thus works within a probability limitation.

So to apply this to Chad and Orihime, what the hogukyoku did wasn't so much giving them their powers, Ichigo still did, but what it did was that it effected the reality so Chad and Orihime would actually befriend Ichigo and therefore also be able to gain their new powers which they wished for. Since Chad and Orihime attended Ichigo's school and were of the same age group as him, it was thus highly probable this would happen. The hogukyoku made it just more probable to the point where it happened.

So what the hogukyoku does is that it increases the probabiilty rate of something happening to close to like 100% if a person wants it enough, but ONLY if it's ALREADY possible. It cannot warp reality from something impossible into something possible, the possibility must first be there and the hogukyoku simply increases that possiblity. This is why Rukia never regained her powers AFTER she got the fake gigai by Urahara. The hogukyoku sensed her wish to loose her powers and gave her the opportunity for it to happen, presenting her with the option of Urahara's fake gigai. Of course it's more complex than this, but I hope you get the gist of it.

Or at least that's how I understood it, so I view it a lot like quantum physics. I hope I explained in a somewhat understandable way. I am not surprised people are confused over its powers. Most people don't even understand basic probability and how it's applicable in their everyday lives (luck doesn't exist, for example, but yet people insist in believing in luck).

Senior Member King Of Soul Society's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    The answer to that is both.

So to apply this to Chad and Orihime, what the hogukyoku did wasn't so much giving them their powers, Ichigo still did, but what it did was that it effected the reality so Chad and Orihime would actually befriend Ichigo and therefore also be able to gain their new powers which they wished for. Since Chad and Orihime attended Ichigo's school and were of the same age group as him, it was thus highly probable this would happen. The hogukyoku made it just more probable to the point where it happened.
    where did you get that idea from i don't really concur with it... expand pls

He Who Speaks Without An Attentive Ear Is Mute.

Originally Posted by halaros536
    shut up you weakling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are just angry because i didnt let you became my SERVANT!!!!!! but icould not accept that because you are too weak to be my servant sorry

Veteran Member
    Yeah, i understood that it raises probability to where it will happen if it is possible to make it happen. I was just wondering if it was the hougyaku that gave them the powers, or ichigo. You answered it, pretty elaborately, too.

The reason i asked is because it might be able to give powers, while raising probability. I mean, it could change people into arrancars and such. You saying that it only raised the probability of aizen changing them into that? I guess it is possible, because he did know some of hollowification, so did urahara. So it could be possible. I was just wondering if it was able to do that because it had another special power that wasnt really mentioned too much. So, people besides those who know hollowfication pretty well couldnt use it to turn someone into a arrancar/vizard, but if you know how, it will raise the probability so it happens.

I was just wondering if it could do more than raise probability of something so it happens, if it can, that is. But i guess not, because it can be explained how it did what it did. That was more of my question, if it really could do more like giving someone powers. So, the correct answer is it made it so ichigo could give orihime and chad powers, in which he did. I had just misunderstood what aizen said about them, why i asked the question. It was because of it, not that it did it. :X (misread, pretty much, i think anyway.. should go back and check lol)

But i pretty much understand what it did. Once aizen explained it i knew that what it did, just didnt know if it also did something else.

So really, it could bring out someone's max potential, right? Because it is possible they become that strong, and if they wish for it, it will make it so it can happen. O.O So if aizen is able to become god, it will happen, pretty much. O.o

Quote Originally Posted by King Of Soul Society View Post
    where did you get that idea from i don't really concur with it... expand pls
    http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/401-131/5

The hogukyoku did not create the events themselves per se, just made it so that they could in fact happen.

http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/401-131/10

Notice the "In that sense, it can be called a power that guides in the direction of desire." Guide is a very important word here, as it does not suggest it can drastically alter or change reality, merely guide the events that it would happen but only in a given probability frame, as was explained by the previous comment with "If the target does not essentially possess the power necessary to beget their desires, however, then it is impossible."

Kubo made these phrases unnecessarily more mysterious than they should be.

So really, it could bring out someone's max potential, right? Because it is possible they become that strong, and if they wish for it, it will make it so it can happen. O.O So if aizen is able to become god, it will happen, pretty much. O.o
    If it's actually possible in Bleach. Now, since we talk about a fictive universe, probability doesn't quite work the same way since everything happens according to Kubo's will anyway, so at this point I would rather just wait and see what will actually happen in the coming chapter. Again, all the events must lead up to where such a thing would be possible but the question is if it is, yet.

so what ur saying is that the huogyoku made it possible for chad and orhime be friend ichigo

shut up you weakling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are just angry because i didnt let you became my SERVANT!!!!!! but icould not accept that because you are too weak to be my servant sorry

No they did that on thier own. All it did was fufill thier wish to be able to help Ichigo.

Thier exposure to Ichigo's epic Reiatsu gave them the ability to have powers. All it did was provide the spark required for them to actually gain those now sleeping powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Focht View Post
    No they did that on thier own. All it did was fufill thier wish to be able to help Ichigo.

Thier exposure to Ichigo's epic Reiatsu gave them the ability to have powers. All it did was provide the spark required for them to actually gain those now sleeping powers.
    thats what i thought but if u check he's post you'll see that he said something like it never gave them powers all it did was ensure that chad and inoue made sure that they became friends and thats where i got confused

Veteran Member
    Chad was already a friend.. Orihime already wanted to hang out with ichigo.. The hougyaku supposedly created circumstances in which they were going to hang out with each other where ichigo would be able to expose his epic reiatsu that he couldn't control when they were around. Those 2 situations, could be plausible to say that it was ichigo then that gave them their powers, because they wanted to be able to fight, or be useful, anyway. I mean, didnt orihimes flowers sparkle after that encounter? Though i think that mightve only been in the anime, but the manga could have shown it.

That is the likely explanation of how the hougyaku "guided" them to acquire their powers.. It didn't actually just give them special powers because they really wanted it. It "guided" hollows to attack them and have ichigo show up and leak his reiatsu.

Though, there is a flaw in this, but it is easily explained. That one guy with the show that ichigo was near fighting the hollow with. He already had some spiritual prowess. He must not have actually wanted from the bottom of his heart to become stronger like chad and orihime did.

Other than that, at the moment i can't think of why this doesn't work. Kubo might explain it better later on, though. OR give a different explanation which could prove me wrong.. after all, he is the writer.

So, pretty much, i believe the hougyaku created the situation in which they met when ichigo was fighting a hollow, so he could leak his reiatsu and give them their powers. Well, it raised the probability to where it almost had to happen. Chad took the bird, orihime's brother turned hollow.. Situations that arent too likely to happen, either.. but its a manga, so nothing seemed wrong anyway.. the hougyaku could've just influenced those instances.

Thats just how i interpreted it, though. It follows the hougyaku's power of "raised the probability of those near it to make it happen almost for sure if it is truly wished for" theme. Not that it actually gives powers to someone.. :X Guess it also explains how wonderweiss was created, too. XD

I don't think I buy the whole idea that the hougyoku only affects the probability of something happening, suggesting that its powers are more passive in nature. If you observe what the hougyoku is doing to Aizen, it would seem that it in fact is having a direct impact on whatever the hell Aizen is turning into. What I think it is is more along the lines of a genie that is restricted only by the amount of power the "wisher" has, if he/she has enough reiatsu to make his wish come true, than the hougyoku makes it happen, otherwise, SOL. I think the instance with chad/orihime in fact happened through a combining of Ichigo's constant reiatsu leakage and the hougyoku's reacting to chad and orihime's desires. It somehow took all that wasted reiatsu and granted chad and orihime their "wishes". Thats my thinking currently on the matter anyway. I'm sure Urahara will further explain things.