Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Bleach: Quite possibly the slowest developing Manga..

I've ever read..

This will be the all-intensive Bleach Bitchin' thread.

I'm sick of how slow Bleach is, its the only Manga I read what develops about 10 minutes of Cannon per chapter that has to be stretched over two episodes of Anime.

I think it is an amazing manga with some amazing themes and art work, but fuckin' ay man, why is it so blasted slow?

Anyone? Anyone?

100% agree.

It's a great series to read volume by volume, but chapter by chapter is really painfully slow. Lately I get the impression after reading a chapter that I've gained almost nothing over the previous week, probably because it's just generic fight scenes and Inoue emo bubbles.

Quote Originally Posted by blud View Post
    100% agree.

It's a great series to read volume by volume, but chapter by chapter is really painfully slow. Lately I get the impression after reading a chapter that I've gained almost nothing over the previous week, probably because it's just generic fight scenes and Inoue emo bubbles.
    My first impression of this was when they (Ishida, Chad, and Ichigo) first entered Hueco Mondo(sp) and the fight sequence took forever; I was able to justify it by them showing the improved Chad and Ishida.

The kicker was the chapter when they first met Nell & Crew, they took a whole chapter to introduce an environment and once closeup! WTF!?

Quote Originally Posted by Woofcat View Post
    I'll agree that it is slow. But this is some fight that could influence the rest of the storyline and be flashed back on so many times it becomes over shown like so many others.
    I would agree with you (about the fight being so pivotal it deserves a full development), if every chapter leading up to this wasn't so dull it made me wanna stop reading for six months just so I can have one solid night of development.

All other shonen have such development in fights, Grimmjow's release was so lackluster, he released just for the sheer sake of releasing (as though a certain mangaka got so bored he wanted to force it). Ichigo had no moment of enlightenment, he hasn't changed the fact that he fights for others, and still hasn't been able to tap into the "instinct" everyone and their mother is telling him to tap into.

I look to the current fight arc in Naruto by comparison, and see flashbacks, storyline, character emotion, technique, planning, and purpose.

All I see here is "BANG. BOOM. kurosaki...kun!? ZIP. POW. CERO!?. ZOMG! kurosaki..."

Ah, just frustrated with this series now.
    Last edited by Ace; 07-17-2007 at 07:16 PM.

nice^^ so i wasnt the only one who had the same thought. its really depressing. every week i almost die to know if ichi's going to kick his ass and in the end they are almost at the same state like before, almost nothing is changing -.-

yea same here it like it takes 3 or four chapters to just finish something that would only take 1 now

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    All I see here is "BANG. BOOM. kurosaki...kun!? ZIP. POW. CERO!?. ZOMG! kurosaki..."
    ditto that, exactly what I was thinking. Watching the anime filler is more interesting than this.

As for your comments on Naruto, I found Sasuke talked way too much during the fight. It's expected for Deidara since he is a loud mouth anyway, but the quiet Sasuke keep explaining what he is doing... sigh. Even so, that's better than the sequence in Bleach right now.

Nell is the most annoying piece of crap ever. Die plz? k thx. -_-

Yes Bleach is painfully slow right now...I keep thinking that this arc is just a segway to the ensuing war! However, it seems to have gained some importance and the fights are becoming critial it seems...especially if Ichigo maims Grimmjaw.

I am still hoping that Ichigo and company are either: A.) Joined by the Vizards (I mean common, with those great characters how can they NOT be back in some form). B.) Flee HM with their tails between their legs or by order of SS. That way we can get back to some larger developments (return of the Vizards FTW).

I hope that Bleach gets back on track and actually begins to move forward and casts off the repetitive, slow story progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Nell is the most annoying piece of crap ever. Die plz? k thx. -_-
    i found nell quite adorable ._.

but yes i agree that it's slow. it's just a lot of fighting, a lot of angsting/emo-ing/being philosophical and so on. snail pace plot advancement

Retired Administrator
    I'll agree that it is slow. But this is some fight that could influence the rest of the storyline and be flashed back on so many times it becomes over shown like so many others.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    PGP Key Here